Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram

This is a discussion on Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram within the LCP Technical forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I have tried a futile search on this, it seems some people know the answer from the posts i have read, but i can't find ...

Thread: Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram

1. #1 Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram 
    I have tried a futile search on this, it seems some people know the answer from the posts i have read, but i can't find it (or I don't comprehend).

Does the straight end of the hammer catch spring face the mag or the top of the gun?

Thank you,
    Richard

2. #2 Re: Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram 
    I took another LCP apart just to see how that spring goes. It does point "down" into the grip handle where the magazine goes.

Just so everyone knows.

3. #3 Re: Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram 
    Quote Originally Posted by rquintana
    I took another LCP apart just to see how that spring goes. It does point "down" into the grip handle where the magazine goes.

Just so everyone knows.

rquintana, you and I use the same problem solving skills. I've taken apart many duplicate items to verify the first's reassembly. Been doing that since I was in a high chair, or so my mom said. At 13, or so, having two toasters and two telephones apart in the same week, my mom cried foul and banned me from further exploration. I just got more careful how and when I did it.
    Glad you figured it out. So, why the dissection of the Elsie?

Sean McGinnes: Do you not believe in a higher power?
    Cullen
    : Yes, sir. I wear it on my hip.

4. #4 Re: Help- Hammer catch spring (16) on diagram 
    I was painting the "Ruger" on the grips to see how I liked it. I didn't, so I began removing it and noticed i got some in the "middle" frame pin hole. I decided to push the pin out just a smidge to clean it, what harm could I possibly do, right? --- WRONG!!
    I couldn't push the pin back through because the hole was not aligned with the Hammer Block. I now knew I had to take it apart to fix it. After reviewing the diagrams and a search in the forum, I felt confident I could do it. (I also realized that you are not supposed to touch the middle Frame Pin) To make a long story short, when I got to the spring, I couldn't figure out how it fit in exactly. The diagram shows it pointing upward (but its actually drawn in the diagram in its -at rest- state)

So I decided to disassemble the 2nd LCP "CORRECTLY" it made a world of difference. I saw how the spring was positioned, then fixed mine in a jiffy.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads