Remora "No-clip" Holster Review

This is a discussion on Remora "No-clip" Holster Review within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Just ordered and anxiously awaiting the Remora with the new Sweat Guard for my PF9. Although, I have a feeling I'll be turning around and ...

Thread: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    Just ordered and anxiously awaiting the Remora with the new Sweat Guard for my PF9.

Although, I have a feeling I'll be turning around and also ordering one for Elsie as well.

There is a wealth of good information and reviews on the Defensive Carry forum that sold me.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...now-a-believer!!/page9

also a good review by Average Joe for any considering this for carry options.

http://averagejoeshandgunreviews.blo...-holsters.html
    "God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." Daniel Webster

2. #22 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq
    I ordered a Remora for Elsie. I emailed Alan and he confirmed that Elsie with the CT would use #2A. I will post pics/review once I get them in.
    Eaglefrq- Any reviews on this with the CT yet? Thanks

3. #23 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    E.Moid
    Quote Originally Posted by hoghunter
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq
    I ordered a Remora for Elsie. I emailed Alan and he confirmed that Elsie with the CT would use #2A. I will post pics/review once I get them in.
    Eaglefrq- Any reviews on this with the CT yet? Thanks
    I have one w/CT. The only pocket holster I'll use.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remora "No-clip" Holster Review-image_046.jpg   Remora "No-clip" Holster Review-image_045.jpg   Remora "No-clip" Holster Review-image_046.jpg   Remora "No-clip" Holster Review-image_045.jpg  

4. #24 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    I am really liking this Remora. what's the deal with the Sweat Shield? Did you get that- is it necessary? Also- did you get the 2A? Thanks

5. #25 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    E.Moid
    Quote Originally Posted by hoghunter
    I am really liking this Remora. what's the deal with the Sweat Shield? Did you get that- is it necessary? Also- did you get the 2A? Thanks
    Mine is older. Maybe they renamed them but it says Model - 1SMA. Fits my LCP w-CT perfectly. I don't know anything about a sweat shield. But, looking at mine with the gun inside I see no reason for any shield.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Remora "No-clip" Holster Review-image_114.jpg  

6. #26 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    Just ordered the Remora 2A with Sweat Shield (it's Florida, so figured it's a good idea!). Once it arrives I will post a review.

7. #27 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    I just received the Remora with sweat shield for my PF9 Wednesday. So far, I have to agree with all the other raving reviews.

Extremely comfortable IWB carry as many others have pointed out. Doesn't move a bit. Gun comes out easily. You can position it high or low, and to just about any angle.

I haven't used it with yet with a tucked in button down shirt. This will be key for me to test out during the coming week.

Like others, I have also worn it on the way to a tennis match with athletic pants, no belt, and it absolutely holds in place. Unbelievable !!

Seems to work equally well as pocket carry. No noticeable printing and gun comes out clean every time. I imagine it would be equally great for Elsie and I will probably turn around and order one for her to.

The sweat shield is really just a slightly different cut for the holster. I highly recommend getting the sweat shield if for no other reason than comfort.

It leaves a bit more of the material against your body to shield your skin from the metals slide, adding comfort and protecting from you from sweat. The material seems to be an excellent sweat repellant in its own right.

This is absolutely necessary for me in Texas in the hot humidity and where we don't often wear an undershirt.

I can't say enough good things about this holster. And it's only $25-30. Kudos Allan,...you have agreat product that doesnt just live up to all the "hype"...it surpasses it.
    "God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it." Daniel Webster

8. #28 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    Any updates on how you guys like the Remora?

9. #29 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    I have been carrying it a few weeks and still can't sing it's praises enough.

Only thing that I can add to what's been previously said, is that I now have working experience wearing it with a tucked in button down shirt....

And it works just as well as I thought it would.

Very, very quick to put into place in the morning dress up routine, it doesn't move at all during the day, it seems to wick any moisture, with the sweat shield - there is nothing poking into your sides and is simple delightfully comfortable, and the gun draws out cleanly every time.

The PF9 goes inside the Remora waisteband,..and Elsie rocks the pocket in a Desantis for now until I get a Remora for her too.

10. #30 Re: Remora "No-clip" Holster Review 
    I ordered a P2 to carry an extra magazine. It came in yesterday, I wore it out last night. Yep, the thing stays put no matter how you position it. Even if you don't carry an extra mag or knife in the holder, the extra 1 3/4" of holster material will stabilize the holster even more in your waistband.

I didn't order the sweat shield because I want to use this holster for strong side and cross draw carry and the sweat shield from what I read is only on one side of the holster.

As for tucking a shirt in, I can't see how that's possible with this holster.

I give the holster a 10 out of a 10 for quality construction, comfort and price.
    Retired LEO
    Harley Davidson's & Guns, what else is there to say!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads