Biometric Gun Safe for LCP

Biometric Gun Safe for LCP

This is a discussion on Biometric Gun Safe for LCP within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Wanted to search on this, but the search engine is down. Looking for a small, economic biometric gun safe that I can keep at the ...

Thread: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Wanted to search on this, but the search engine is down.

Looking for a small, economic biometric gun safe that I can keep at the side of the bed for my LCP. There are cheap options on Amazon (under $100), but these are fingerpad combination safes and not truly biometric (even though they advertise as such). Quality is so-so and ratings are mixed.

Does anybody have an suggestions? Would like to keep this under $100 if possible, but finding that this may not be an option.

Cheers!

2. #2 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    I'm pretty sure, as you said, you can get a decent gunvault under $100, but if you shop, a biometric one would probably be at least twice that amount.

3. #3 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    heres one for just over 100 bucks http://cgi.ebay.com/Pistol-Gun-Vault...item3cad881f96

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    I use this GunVault. It is fantastic. You can set the code as complicated or as simple as you want.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...5/product.html

I know it's not biometric, but in reality, I'd rather have a combination code in an emergency than relying on my fingerprint. Plus, this one has a key override. I also installed a cable and attached it to the bed so you'd need some cutters to cart this off. I store 6 guns in mine.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

6. #5 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Deadbolt,
    I agree with you. I have three "Gun Vault's", one for the basement, living room, and bedroom (all are on different floors). They work great and are available in different sizes. This way my spouse and I are never far away from a loaded firearm with loaded spare magazines. The guns are also also safe from unauthorized access. I like the ones with the keypad and over ride key in case of battery failure. The units come with two keys one of which is on my key ring kept next to my bed or on me the other is kept in a hidden location near the appropriate safe. For the cost of a biometric safe you can buy more of the keypad models IMHO.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! Benjamin Franklin

7. #6 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Besides, what's to stop a BG from cutting off your finger and getting into your safe? I see it in movies all the time. Ever see "Demolition Man?"
    -James
    Now on Facebook

8. #7 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Another vote for the Gun Vault. I have mine programmed with only 5 button pushes and can be opened in under 1 second. Mine's bolted down to a shelf. If you go with one of these, practice opening until its natural. It stinks when you hit the wrong code and are locked out for a few minutes, but then there's the manual key overide.

Sean McGinnes: Do you not believe in a higher power?
    Cullen
    : Yes, sir. I wear it on my hip.

9. #8 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Thanks for the replies. "gunvault" is the brand that I was looking at on Amazon with mediocre reviews, but I think that I will give it a try.

- Paul

10. #9 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    Deadbolt,

Can you really get 6 firearms in your Gunvault? What model is it? How do you store your ammo?

Pardoctor

11. #10 Re: Biometric Gun Safe for LCP 
    My GunVault is the larger one with with a shelf in the middle. I can get three guns per shelf on there without much of a problem. I have way too much ammo to store in the GunVault. My ammo is stored in a secure location in my house that the kids can't get to.
    -James
    Now on Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads