Ruger Pistol Forums banner

My New Crossbreed MicroClip

7K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Deadbolt 
#1 ·
I've had my Crossbreed MicroClip for about three weeks now. From the time I ordered it it took just a day under four weeks
which I expected......except when I opened the package it was the Mini-Tuck instead.
Crossbreed was very quick in response and sent the Micro out the day they received my e-mail and I received it two days later.

This was actually to my advantage since I was concerned if I had made the right choice between the two and now I had the chance
to try the Mini. I must say I was very impressed with the Mini and it is as Mark at Crossbreed explained to me a couple months ago
more stable of course with the two clips.

The Micro is much more comfortable for me and the only time I have had a problem with rotating is while sitting at my desk
at work. Even then the front edge only rotates up about one inch if I lean way forward but back down when I lean back. No problem.
Bottom line this Micro is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn and I never thought that possible of a IWB model.
This is also the first tuckable I've owned and it's totally invisible with a shirt tail tucked over it. While I'm still playing with the height adjustment
and position I've about settled on the lowest setting and at between 3 and 4 o'clock. I'm going to attempt to add a couple pics. One showing
both for size comparison.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
One word of warning

Learn from my mistake. If you use a IWB holster in which the muzzle is exposed be carefull with the 3 o'clock
position with jeans. If you put it very far forward, the rivets on the inside for the pockets can rub off blueing.
Anyone want to recommend a touch-up product?

Attachments

G
#5 ·
Rik
Thanks for posting the pictures and your comparison. After seeing the pictures of the holster on a person, I just ordered the Micro Clip. Can't wait to get it. I have grown tired of settling on cheap holsters. My good friend tells me all the time, never go cheap on shoes or holsters you won't regret either.

#6 ·
WAcarry said:
Rik
Thanks for posting the pictures and your comparison. After seeing the pictures of the holster on a person, I just ordered the Micro Clip. Can't wait to get it. I have grown tired of settling on cheap holsters. My good friend tells me all the time, never go cheap on shoes or holsters you won't regret either.
I've come to the same realization and IMHO the Crossbreeds are worth every penny. When you first put it on it will of
course feel a little stiff. Within a couple hours it will already have started forming to your body and softening. By the time
I had maybe 8 hours or so on it the comfort is amazing. I posted the pic of both together because as much as I looked for
one while trying to make up my mind for a couple months I couldn't find one. I found many more reviews of the Mini but
kept thinking about the difference in width and that the Micro MUST be more comfortable. I'm sure the Mini is also comfortable
especially once a little break-in time passes. I kind of wish now I had just offered to pay Crossbreed more to keep the Mini
also but I still preferred the Micro.
Enjoy your Micro. You'll not be disappointed.

#7 ·
Very nice looking rig.

it seems like Elsie and the MicroClip rig would be so lightweight that you could try cliping directly onto the jeans or pants.

Not ideal. But the belt could practically cover up the clip for maximum concealment.

Just a thought...looks great.

#8 ·
It does work though it doesn't seem quite as stable but I might try getting one of their "J" clips for it.
Honestly I'm probably going to be wearing it mostly with shirts that I'll wear tail out so the clip being on the
outside of the belt or even the belt color wouldn't matter anyway but it's nice to have the option.

#11 ·
The newer clips Crossbreed is using are more than strong enough. If they were any stronger you couldn't get it over a belt.
The very, very little rotation I've experienced was only while sitting at my desk at work when leaning forward. It was also
with it in the 3 o'clock position and when I would lean back it would return to original position. I now wear it at about 3:30 to
4 o'clock where it is even more comfortable and no rotation. As with any new holster it takes a little experimentation to find
the perfect spot. The "J" clips they sell would make the clip practically invisible with a shirt tucked in and the belt exposed.

#12 ·
Rik said:
One word of warning

Learn from my mistake. If you use a IWB holster in which the muzzle is exposed be carefull with the 3 o'clock
position with jeans. If you put it very far forward, the rivets on the inside for the pockets can rub off blueing.
Anyone want to recommend a touch-up product?
Any blued gun that rides in a holster will experience holster wear on the finish. My CB minituck contacts the end of my LCP barrel and is wearing it off at the very end, but that's alright. It gives it a little character. Holster wear is unavoidable though. The gun will also slowly wear on all the areas it slides against the gun. About the only thing I can recommend for touchup is a cold blue, but I think you will be unsatisfied with the results.

#13 ·
I know you're right on the holster wear. I just hate that even with daily wear it still looked good untill I
positioned it against a rivet in my jeans and shined up one spot down to the metal. Oh well, I'll probably just leave it as is.
As you said...character.

#14 ·
I'm not sold on the micro just yet. To be fair, I've only tried it a couple of days, but I've gone back to the front pocket carry. The Micro tended to ride the butt of the LCP into my ribs while sitting. Now the same style for my XD .40 is superb and conceals that clunker beautifully. Neither holster, micro or pocket makes for a fast draw but the little grip of the LCP is harder for me to get out than when it's in the front pocket. YMMV

#16 ·
Same with my Micro when at 3 o'clock. I wear mine just a little behind 3 o'clock. I guess call it 3:30.
I also get no rotation or movement at all with it anywhere from 3:30 to 5 positions. For me it conceals better under a tucked
in shirt the closer to 3 o'clock I could wear it so I started there and slowly adjusted it backward till it was comfortable and
that's where it now rides. I'd say it took about 5 days to completely break in and is now so comfortable I actually forget I've
got it on sometimes and is totally invisible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.