Ruger Pistol Forums banner

LCP's in a Crossbreed!!

21K views 70 replies 20 participants last post by  elad 
#1 ·
I am really wanting to see how an LCP is carried in a crossbreed holster. If you've got one of these, post up pictures of it in the holster, in your pants, how it wears, etc...

Also, I asked a few times in another thread, but would there be enough of a sight channel with a crossbreed to allow a sight-upgrade?

#2 ·
Crossbreed is a sponsor here and I bet they will answer your questions directly if you email them. I have supertucks for 3 larger guns, they are excellent, so I'd expect the same of the LCP versions.

unclenunzie

#4 ·
ND, thanks for the pic! Do you have a picture of the 'rig' inside your pants? I guess from the picture, the only thing I'd have to worry about is getting a larger front sight post through the kydex...

#6 ·
Thanks, man!! Looks like lots 'o room in the bottom of the kydex section of the holster. Is it possible to 'tilt' the LCP when holstering if there were a taller front sight post on there? I'm looking at doing this sight upgrade:

#8 ·
This is GOOD news! Except that I'm going to end up spending some cash....

I'll confirm this with Mark and then likely order...thanks ND

If anyone else has some good Crossbreed pics, throw 'em up!

#9 ·
So I see you have the microclip....what made you get that over the minituck? Price?

I know it's only one clip, how does it deal with the weight of the gun?

I may get the CT laser-guard someday...do you know if the LCP would fit into the holster made for the laser-guard without actually having the laser-guard? (Just thinking for future upgrades)

#10 ·
I have a minituck for a larger pistol and I find that I notice the front clip every time I reach into my pocket. As far as weight goes, Elsie is quite petite and does just fine with one clip.

Take a look at the first picture I posted, it probably gives the best idea for fit and retention. I suspect that the the trigger hole is the main retention and that would be intact with or without the CT installed. I would also suspect that there would be a chance that there could be rotation in the holster without a CT installed if you got the CT holster. I would probably be limited in the clockwise (in my picture) direction because the slide meets the holster there. However you might get some counterclockwise rotation. You don't have the CT unit to anchor it in place on the front, and you don't have the activation strap to provide a tight fit through the bottom of the trigger guard. It might work, but I'd rather not try it.

I understand where you are coming from of being on the fence about a laser but still wanting a holster so you can carry. You might ask Mark if he'd be willing to rework a holster to fit a CT after you buy it. I don't know if he'll do it though because the holes to mount the two pieces together would be different. My opinion is that you should decide on the laser, before you get the holster, and use a holster that is fitted to what you are carrying.

#11 ·
hunt_ak said:
I may get the CT laser-guard someday...do you know if the LCP would fit into the holster made for the laser-guard without actually having the laser-guard? (Just thinking for future upgrades)
I had previously emailed Crossbreed about just that as I hadn't purchased the CT laser and was thinking about buying the minituck fitted for the LCP with the CT. They emailed me back within a day to say that the fit without the CT would be very loose and not recommended. In the end I purchased the CT before the minituck and now I am just waiting for the holster to arrive!

#14 ·
Just received the MiniTuck in the mail, didn't even know they had sent it already!

As soon as I get a chance I'll grab a couple of pictures of it and post them.

As far as fitting the altered sight, the MiniTuck included instructions for heating the Kydex part of the holster to soften it and customizing the fit and grip of the LCP. That might help to loosen the top where the sight would fit.

At this point I am honestly amazed at how comfortable the holster is. I am sitting in my lounge chair with the holster and LCP on at about the 3:30 - 4:00 position and I can't tell it's there. ;D

#16 ·
mtuckman said:
Just received the MiniTuck in the mail, didn't even know they had sent it already!

As soon as I get a chance I'll grab a couple of pictures of it and post them.

As far as fitting the altered sight, the MiniTuck included instructions for heating the Kydex part of the holster to soften it and customizing the fit and grip of the LCP. That might help to loosen the top where the sight would fit.

At this point I am honestly amazed at how comfortable the holster is. I am sitting in my lounge chair with the holster and LCP on at about the 3:30 - 4:00 position and I can't tell it's there. ;D
This is great news and I look forward to the pictures. So now all I have to figure out is the minituck vs. the other smaller one. Being a smaller guy (5'6" on a good day), I might opt for the smaller one...

#19 ·
3Coyotes, thanks for another review and this is looking more and more like a viable option for me. Get a picture of that thing!! ;D

I have gotten a few PM's about the picture I posted with the sight upgrades. No, I haven't done this mod, just feeling out my holster options before 'pulling the trigger' on it so to speak.

Innovative arms is where I got that picture and the thread below was originally where I heard about it

http://elsiepeaforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=828.0

#21 ·
Here are a few pics I took today:

My LCP with CT, with its big brother the Charter Arms Bulldog 44 and the holsters I have purchased to date: Crossbreed MiniTuck, Recluse Front Pocket, Pocketholsters.com Front Pocket, and DeSantis Nemesis.

And the Crossbreed with the LCP. Keep in mind my frame is not in the greatest of shape as of late. I am 5'8" and pushing 230. Even pulling the shirt tight hides the LCP in the holster very nicely!

#22 ·
mtuckman, thanks for the pic of the minituck. I see where somebody was talking about the clip being right at your pocket area. Its obvious that the minituck has a bunch more leather to it, but it also looks like it might distribute more of the weight (though not much to begin with) and pinches/pokes....

ND, I looked at your pics again and didn't realize you are lefty. I'm lefty as well. IIRC, I didn't see any additional surcharge for a left-handed version. Is this correct? (If so, this may be a first that something made lefty is less ::) )

#25 ·
Elsie is as large and heavy as I'd go with a single clip off-center holster, but it works fine. A stacked clip like the Desantis Tuck-This adds a lot of thickness and single spot pressure to the hip when worn. Being off-center, the MicroClip spreads the pressure around without much notice of any rotation.

Initially the holster clip came with a stamped hole in the shape of a cross. That compromised the spring steel and allowed things to get a little sloppy. I called Crossbreed and before we got off the phone they sent a replacement that had the cross stamped in the clip, but the hole was eliminated. Immaculate customer service.

Since replacing the clip, the holster has been rock solid. Once it's clipped on and adjusted, it stays where it's at with no rotation. I also kind of like the idea that you don't feel like you have a saddle wrapped around your hip.

With that said, I like my waistband, including the holster to be part of a snug fit. Surprisingly, the holster with gun is fairly well balanced. I can't say that if you have a loose waistband and belt -uncomfortable for me- that the MicroClip wouldn't rotate with physical activity. It would probably stay put standing, sitting, walking around.

#26 ·
3Coyotes said:
Initially the holster clip came with a stamped hole in the shape of a cross. That compromised the spring steel and allowed things to get a little sloppy. I called Crossbreed and before we got off the phone they sent a replacement that had the cross stamped in the clip, but the hole was eliminated. Immaculate customer service.
I noticed the MinitTuck I received last week had the stamped cross and not the cut out as displayed on their website. Glad to know they identified an issue and resolved it so quickly!

With that said, I like my waistband, including the holster to be part of a snug fit. Surprisingly, the holster with gun is fairly well balanced. I can't say that if you have a loose waistband and belt -uncomfortable for me- that the MicroClip wouldn't rotate with physical activity. It would probably stay put standing, sitting, walking around.
I agree with you about the snug fit, although that appears to be less of an option for me as time goes on. :'(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.