Does this make anyone else uncomfortable?

Does this make anyone else uncomfortable?

This is a discussion on Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; For my LCP, 99% of the time I pocket carry in a desantis nemesis in my front right pocket. What I realized though, that was ...

Thread: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    For my LCP, 99% of the time I pocket carry in a desantis nemesis in my front right pocket. What I realized though, that was when I'm sitting down, I am pointing a loaded weapon at the kneecaps/gut of the person seated across from me. It just made me feel really uncomfortable; has this bothered anyone else?

2. #2 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    Never thought of it until you mentioned it. But, no. If I thought the gun was that unsafe, it would not be in my pocket in the first place.
    There are no experienced suicide bombers.

Author of THE VELVET BRAND, THE CHEYENNE BRAND and other novels of the Old (and hilarious) West.

3. #3 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    When I am carrying, I try to always be 100% aware of where the muzzle is pointed. If I am seated around other people I make sure it is not pointing at anyone.
    AIM HIGH

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    I agree, guns don't just randomly go off, they are obviously safe to carry, so it should not matter where it is pointed while it is concealed.

6. #5 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    Someone else said that it would take an "Act Of God" for it to go off as long as it is in an empty pocket and in a holster with trigger guard. Joe McG

7. #6 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier
    When I am carrying, I try to always be 100% aware of where the muzzle is pointed. If I am seated around other people I make sure it is not pointing at anyone.
    I'm comfortable with Elsie, but this is one of the several reasons I like IWB over pocket carry.

8. #7 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    I take you out to eat at a burger place, my treat. We sit down at a booth opposite each other. I take my wallet holster out of my pocket with a loaded, one in the barrel, LCP in it and place it on the table between us with the barrel pointed at you. With it lying there motionless and my hand off of it I am confident it will not go off. How do you feel about it?

If you ask me to turn the barrel away from you then you are not as confident as I am about the safety of an untouched fully loaded pistol and believe that an "Act of God" may truly occur. If this is your belief and you front pocket carry this might be time to give it a rethink and possibly consider another mode of carry. Maybe not. Just my two cents.

U.S. Army Security Agency, Berlin, Teufelsberg (the hill) '69-'72 ("C" Trick 98G2GLM/04B) Wie hoeren Sie mich? Kommen. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teufelsberg

9. #8 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Coyotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier
    I'm comfortable with Elsie, but this is one of the several reasons I like IWB over pocket carry.
    I found it to be very comfortable with just the LCP in my front or rear pocket. The day I picked up my Elsie, I put it in my front pocket and walked down to show it to my neighbor and local cop, and found it was extremely comfortable actually forgetting after talking awhile that it was in my pocket.
    So is that Verboten? http://tinyurl.com/yc46898
    "ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell !"

10. #9 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    The thought has occasionally come to mind when carrying IWB and seated. I carry at the 2:00 position, so the holster/LCP just naturally sits on the top of my leg pointed at....well, you know....ouch, that thought really pains me.

Tarheel

11. #10 Re: Does this make anyone else uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by madkap
    For my LCP, 99% of the time I pocket carry in a desantis nemesis in my front right pocket. What I realized though, that was when I'm sitting down, I am pointing a loaded weapon at the kneecaps/gut of the person seated across from me. It just made me feel really uncomfortable; has this bothered anyone else?
    I know all the arguments about carrying one in the chamber and I do that frequently when carrying in waistband, I also usually carry my other carry guns with one in the chamber in non-pocket holsters. However, normally i do not carry one in the chamber when in my pocket in my Desantis holster when at the office or around the house.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads