Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel

This is a discussion on Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Phillip of Innovative Arms recently took on the task of making a barrel for the LCP chambered for the .32naa. The barrel was conventionally machined. ...

Thread: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Phillip of Innovative Arms recently took on the task of making a barrel for the LCP chambered for the .32naa. The barrel was conventionally machined. Feeding was reportedly "flawless and ejection was positive." Since then he has put roughly 50 rnds though the weapon with zero stoppages. A small production run of these barrels are planed for both the LCP and the P3AT He would be interested in feedback from LCP owners to see if this is worth pursuing. I have asked Phil to come over and post.

http://www.innovativearms.com/
    "Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

2. #2 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Sounds like a very cool project and props to him for getting it done...but kinda pointless in the retail market. The .32NAA is a ballistic downgrade from the .380, and ammo is hard to find. Why would someone pay money for that?

3. #3 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Maybe Phillip can comment. People have different needs and wants Racer so it may be a bit premature for the "huh" just yet. This is exactly what he trying to find out, whether there IS sufficient interest to go forward.

Perhaps this will shed some additional light on the subject:

http://www.handgunsmag.com/ammunition/32_0924/

4. #4 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Interesting article. Seems different from what I had read back when I was mousegun shopping. I had read articles showing nearly identical ballistic stats for the .380 and .32NAA, with the .380 slightly winning in expanded size. You know how info and the internet is though...

Definitely curious now.

5. #5 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    I'm not sure the 32NAA is a downgrade, maybe a sidestep? I personally like a flatter shooting cartridge, can anyone say "100 yard squirrel gun?" Being a handloader, I would very much like to try out this combo, I think it has a lot of potential, in my opinion.... Now, my question is, is he working on a 45ACP conversion?
    Regards,
    Mike
    I would rather prepare and be proven wrong than not prepare....and be proven wrong
    The will to win is nothing …without the will to prepare
    Legalize the Constitution!

6. #6 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooben
    I'm not sure the 32NAA is a downgrade, maybe a sidestep? I personally like a flatter shooting cartridge, can anyone say "100 yard squirrel gun?" Being a handloader, I would very much like to try out this combo, I think it has a lot of potential, in my opinion.... Now, my question is, is he working on a 45ACP conversion?
    Regards,
    Mike
    probably a good round, just no real ammo selection out there at ALL. the 380 hole is still bigger and ain't that what the 45 auto people always saying?
    "JUST SHOOT IT LIKE U STOLE IT"!!

7. #7 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer
    Interesting article. Seems different from what I had read back when I was mousegun shopping. I had read articles showing nearly identical ballistic stats for the .380 and .32NAA, with the .380 slightly winning in expanded size. You know how info and the internet is though...

Definitely curious now.
    As a reloader I think it would be fun to experiment with it. +1 on what Ooben said.

8. #8 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Quote Originally Posted by jocko
    probably a good round, just no real ammo selection out there at ALL. the 380 hole is still bigger and ain't that what the 45 auto people always saying?
    Well jocko, I'm one of those 45 auto people, and if given the right situation, I would much rather carry a weapon that would make at least a .45 inch hole than a .35 inch hole. I think there is a certain trade off between velocity verses bullet diameter/mass, just depends on what you want to do. I definately tend to go with the "heavy and slow" theory rather than the "Light and fast" ideas. Being a handloader, I just find the concept of a bullet leaving a sub 3 inch barrel at 1200 FPS very interesting. Any better than a standard 380? I don't have a clue, but I sure would like to play with it!
    Regards,
    Mike
    I would rather prepare and be proven wrong than not prepare....and be proven wrong
    The will to win is nothing …without the will to prepare
    Legalize the Constitution!

9. #9 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooben
    I just find the concept of a bullet leaving a sub 3 inch barrel at 1200 FPS very interesting. Any better than a standard 380? I don't have a clue, but I sure would like to play with it!
    Can't argue with that!

10. #10 Re: Innovative Arms LCP .32 NAA Conversion Barrel 

Hello LCP Forum. I am Phillip with Innovative Arms. I was asked to comment on the 32naa conversion barrel that I built for one of my customers. There seems to be much debate on the efficiency of the round. I can only speak for myself when I say it is somewhat like a mini sig .357 round. I shot 3 loads through the barrel and in every case feeding was flawless. Accuracy was 1.5” or less off-hand at 8yards. I ran the rounds through a chrono and the results where as follows. The 60gr. Corbon averaged 1201 fps for 5 shots. The hand load 85gr. JHP/XTP averaged 890fps for 5 shots. Finally the hand load 60gr. JHP/XTP averaged 1499fps for 5 shots. Incidentally the last round mentioned was defeating a level 3A vest panel at 15 yards through a semi-auto 32naa carbine at 2,000fps. Every shooter has their own feelings on what works and what does not. I believe that for a concealed carry back-up application the round has just as much mustard as the .380 but with better penetrating ability. I understand that ammo isn’t cheap if you by factory. The neat thing is that you can practice with the less expensive .380 ammo and when it is time to hit the streets, drop in the 32naa barrel.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads