Laser options

This is a discussion on Laser options within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Looking for a laser for my LCP. I was goin to go with the Lasermax and still may but would like to know what you ...

Thread: Laser options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Laser options 
    Looking for a laser for my LCP. I was goin to go with the Lasermax and still may but would like to know what you guys are using and how you like it. I looked on You Tube but not a lot of good comparisons between the manufacturers. There must be others but as of now I am looking at the Crimson Trace, Lasermax and the Laserlyte. What are your thoughts?

thanks

2. #2 Re: Laser options 
    I bought the Laserlyte one for both of my LCP's
    Ruger LCP, NAA Mini 22LR, Walther P22
    Glock 19, 23,26,27,Taurus 24/7 OSS,Mossberg Tactical .22,LCP NRA Ed.PUMA 1911-22,Rossi Ranch Hand .357
    It takes one round to kill. The others are a waste of money.

3. #3 Re: Laser options 
    How do you like it? Is it good and bright? Any problems? How long do the batteries last? I liked the sleekness of the Laserlyte but wondered how well it works.

4. #4 Re: Laser options 
    I like my Crimson Trace lasers. Have one on both my LCP and SR9c. Like that they come on with the grip.

5. #5 Re: Laser options 
    I have the Laserlyte and the Crimson Trace Defender (front switch activated). I think it depends on how you carry. I like the ergonomics of the LL and if I pocket carried in a holster would probably go with that but I really like to use the clips so have benched the LL in favor of the CT.

6. #6 Re: Laser options 
    I have the CT on my LCP and very happy with it. The grip switch means there's one less thing to think about.

7. #7 Re: Laser options 
    I have the Crimson Trace Defender DS-122 on both of my LCP's.
    I chose it over the CT Grip type because I prefer to not have it on all the time, but rather switch it on manually as needed. YMMV
    Added bonus, it's about half the price - less than $90.00.
    I like it a lot. Accurate and nice and bright.
    I've had them 4 or 5 months - still on original batteries. But, then again, I don't use them a whole lot.

8. #8 Re: Laser options 
    I have CT on my LCP, LC9 and SP101. Had one on my LCR before I sold it. I've been very pleased with the CT performance.

The CT LaserGuard has been on my LCP since March 2010 and still has a bright beam. CT also offers free batteries for life.
    Ruger Security Six, Ruger Mark III, Ruger SR9, Ruger LCP, Ruger SP101, Ruger LC9

9. #9 Re: Laser options 
    I am going to take a look at the Lasermax this afternoon. The LGS has one for a reasonable price and I guess I can return it easier if there is a problem. I see the pros and cons on both sides here. I like the idea of instant on but also like the manual on and off. I realize things can happen quickly but hope training and practice will over come any potential problems. I also don't want to get to the point that I have to have the laser on to feel protected. As long as the product is quality I think I will be happy with it. Again I see both sides, instant on or manual. Heck by the time I really need it the batteries will probably be dead anyway.LOL That was a joke guys I know to check and keep fresh batteries in it. I know someone will get their panties in a bunch. LOL

10. #10 Re: Laser options 
    New User
    I have C.T laserguards on both my LCR and LC9. I've posted elsewhere regarding my experiences with these units on this site; but basically the LCR works all the time with no issues and the LC9 ( both the original and factory replacement) have the same issue: right out of the box, start to dim, flicker and then die...all within an hour of use. Checked the batteries, the set screws holding it to the gun, the battery contact, etc etc but both units failed in the exact same fashion. Does not give me a secure feeling. I think that maybe the LC9 unit is not quite rugged enough for the higher kick of the 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads