Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod?

This is a discussion on Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Come on the LCP is a carry gun with no safety except the trigger. Get it........ SAFETY...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    Come on the LCP is a carry gun with no safety except the trigger. Get it........ SAFETY
    The worst thing you could do with your money is save it.

2. #22 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebring Pop View Post
    Come on the LCP is a carry gun with no safety except the trigger. Get it........ SAFETY
    The primary safety mechanism is you... The drop in replacement trigger does NOT change the pull weight or the length of pull after ​engagement. You can adjust the take up out of it if you want to...or not. The trigger is not a safety it is only a minor mechanical force that must be overcome to drop the hammer. Granted a greater force may help prevent accidental discharges, or weak hands from over coming said force.
    John

Ante Omnia Armari "Before all else, be armed"

3. #23 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    The sweet pea triggers are made by rtk holster company. With this trigger system you rely on a drop of loctite to hold 2 little set screws that are used for adjustment. If these screws move your gun will not fire. If you look at his adjustment page he will talk about how sloppy the factory trigger is and that it was designed for shooting 200 rounds without problems. He then states that his triggers are not designed for that and the heat will affect the little set screw adjustments. Now that's funny! So I believe the answer to the OP's question is no there is no benefit using the sweet pea trigger mod except filling the pockets of the guys who sell this junk with money. Den

4. #24 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    Apparently you haven't read read the thread in the technical section... There is more than one person here on this forum that has a medical reason for buying and installing a Sweet Pea Trigger, my self included. Read on ... Adjustable aluminum trigger for LC9 and LCP
    The trigger isn't going to get hot enough to allow the loctite to release the set screw let alone stay that way long enough to work its way either in or out. Heat will effect tolerances between the frame carriage, slide, and components though. If you are blasting away to the extent that the frame gets hot and your set screws are not set too close the minor expansion should not effect function... your gunsmith should have checked this by test firing. If you are setting these yourself do not remove all the take up out of your trigger, issues may pop up.
    Put it in context Denny...
    These pistols were made real sloppy by the factory so that guys who wanted to fire a couple hundred rounds at a session and get their pistol smoking hot, would not have a misfire.
    When you tighten up your pistol with my triggers you can expect heat to effect your adjustments.

The sample gun he was speaking of was a Kel-Tec 9mm.
    John

5. #25 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    IndigoWolf, bummer about the medical problem. That along with owning an LCP must be tough. I'm sure this Mod helps a lot.

I saw that the sample gun was a Kel-tec. Same trigger design as the LCP in fact the trigger for the P3AT fits the LCP. When I first purchased my LCP she got smoking hot training. Besides my second finger started to bleed so I had to let it cool down. If I had your aluminum trigger all that heat would go strait to it. The adjustments and heat must be an issue otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. I hope your gunsmith has experience with this style of trigger and the adjustments are not borderline correct.

The original poster said he can't leave things alone and for him this mod would be adding unneeded junk that could fail. For you Indigo I would call this a great mod that helps you shoot. Den

6. #26 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    Last few posts have been outstanding. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch ladies and gents.

7. #27 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    Good, enough said then ... put this thread to bed.
    John

8. #28 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    just do it and try it and if you dont like it put the stock trigger back in.. you won't know until you try it

i put the sweat pea in and took the set screws out, works great, i like the feel and shape of the new trigger over the original

I have no concerns about warranty or reliability or lawyers.

9. #29 Re: Benefits of Sweet Pea trigger mod? 
    And they do fix them for free....all the time. Change things all you want, but be prepared for them (or other mfgs.) to charge accordingly if they see fit.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads