Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please

This is a discussion on Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please within the LCP Accessories forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I am considering a "tuckable" holster for summer. Having absolutely no experience with these types, could those of you who do, please share your thoughts, ...

Thread: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please

1. #1 Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    I am considering a "tuckable" holster for summer. Having absolutely no experience with these types, could those of you who do, please share your thoughts, pros and cons. Seems like they would work ok, but yanking your shirt up to your armpits and digging for the grips might be a little much, and do they really conceal well?
    WWPD - What would Paladin do?

2. #2 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Hi,

I bought an expensive tuckable and find it to be useless. It is not the fault of the holster, more the difficulty in getting the holster and shirt in place. The only way I can figure to use it would be to sew your shirts so that the tale is not too long and can be tucked. Also I am told that you really need to buy your pants and belt one size larger in order to accommodate the extra thickness of the gun. I tried instead to lose the extra weight to no avail. So again this week after trying it again, ( Had it for a year now. ), I have decided that a tuckable is not something that I can use.
    I use two very nice holsters for both my LCP and LCR. I use the same holsters for both gun.

Super FlyŽ by Desantis

And the NRA slide

Both are great !

The SuperFly is so tacky that I just stick it inside my pants at about 4.00 o'clock and it stays right there. I really like it. I am going to try to figure a way to get it under a tucked in shirt also. I don't think it is going to be any harder to tuck the Superfly as the one you mention.

Keep me posted.

Jim
    "ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell !"

3. #3 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    I have & sometimes use the DeSantis Sof-Tuck. It's a good holster, is adjustable for strong side or cross draw carry, the clip is very strong so the holster stays in place when drawing the LCP, and allows the shirt to be tucked in for complete concealment! I also have the pocketholster.com panel pocket holster and a Blackhawk #2 pocket holster. I find myself using the Blackhawk 75-80% of the time in front right pocket, and forget it's there! The DeSantis Super Fly that Jim suggested or the DeSantis Nemesis would be great choices for pocket carry. Tuckable is ok, but not my first choice either! Good luck! Yogi
    Virtues are learned at Mother's Knee

Vices are learned at some other Joint

4. #4 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    I have a larger equivalent model of the Galco tuck n go (UDC) for my PF9. It makes really deep concealing easy, and it's comfortable enough that you forget you're packing sometimes. The small hook can be positioned under a belt loop, unseen, and you can easily tuck your shirt tail in the hook. Blouse your shirt tail a bit. The narrow hook allows you to tilt the gun a bit if you want to. That makes it a little easier to grip the gun when you want to present it.

I wear it at three o'clock on my strong side. You have to grab and pull your shirt tail with both hands to get at your piece quickly this way. It just takes some practice.

BTW, Optics Planet has the best prices on the Galco holsters, and free shipping.
    A 380 in your pocket will defend you far better than a 45 in the safe at home.

5. #5 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    If you're just trying to see if IWB will work for you, I don't think you can go wrong with this Ace-Case Ambi tuckable for $10: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA799-1.html

It's ambidextrous, so you can experiment with weak side, or center of back carry. It's also tuckable and fits LCP with or without CT laser. I got one, thinking I'd find a position that works for me, then get a "good" holster. The Ace Case works so well, I don't have a reason to replace it. Of course, retention isn't great, but the pressure from my belt keeps it in place with no problem. I can pretty much forget Elsie is in there. One thing that may be a deal breaker is that Elsie rides low in the holster, so it takes some practice to get a good grip on her. I think the low ride really helps with concealability, but some wouldn't consider getting a holster that they can't get a full combat grip on before drawing. Different strokes. For $10, it might be worth looking into.

6. #6 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolff
    If you're just trying to see if IWB will work for you, I don't think you can go wrong with this Ace-Case Ambi tuckable for $10: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA799-1.html
    Different strokes. For $10, it might be worth looking into.
    Looks like it would work fine to me! Another good option! Yogi

7. #7 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, if I bought it and liked it, I would likely buy a different more expensive one. If I didn't like it, that would be $10 down the tubes.

8. #8 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayonardo
    Thanks for the suggestion. However, if I bought it and liked it, I would likely buy a different more expensive one. If I didn't like it, that would be $10 down the tubes.
    I wonder what type of clothing you wear in the summer? I will continue to use the Blackhawk #2 front pocket method for work clothing year round, and the summer cargo pants are even better than the work clothes at hiding Elsie. If you like the $10 Ace Case, I would be happy and stop, as I'm not sure a $50-60 leather IWB holster will be that much better for you! But, that's just me. I wish you the best in your decision making process. Yogi

9. #9 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Yogi, summer wear would occasionally be western shirt tucked into jeans. I have a Nemesis, which would likely see duty then. I am not sure how the whole tucked-in business would work anyway, seems more trouble than it is worth, at least for me.

10. #10 Re: Galco Tuck-n-Go & Desantis Soft-Tuck: Experiences wanted, please 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayonardo
    Yogi, summer wear would occasionally be western shirt tucked into jeans. I have a Nemesis, which would likely see duty then. I am not sure how the whole tucked-in business would work anyway, seems more trouble than it is worth, at least for me.
    I've tried the Sof-Tuck, and it's ok, works best with roomy flannel shirts worn in winter. If your western shirts are roomy, a tuckable would probably work. I truthfully thought I would wear the Sof-Tuck more, but the Blackhawk or Nemesis or whatever, actually works better, is more comfortable, and easily drawn. I have a $50 IWB leather Galco for my Glock 26, and hardly ever wear it, especially in summer when nothing hides it well! If I really need to be discrete, I will often put Elsie in a light ankle holster too before I'll wear the Sof-Tuck! I'm thinking you've answered your question already, and I think it is probably the right way to go...stick with the Nemesis for now! Yogi

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads