LC9S Pro - adding safety possible?

LC9S Pro - adding safety possible?

This is a discussion on LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? within the LC9 Technical forums, part of the LC9 category; I was told, and granted, I'm a novice, that a safety can be added to a LC9s Pro. Does anyone care to comment on this? ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By ETS
  • 2 Post By Denny4kids
  • 1 Post By toytraindoc
  • 2 Post By ETS

Thread: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible?

1. #1 LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    New User
    I was told, and granted, I'm a novice, that a safety can be added to a LC9s Pro. Does anyone care to comment on this? I would like to give mine to my wife but want her to have a safety. If it cannot be done, I will buy her another weapon.

2. #2 re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    ETS
    Short of being a very accomplished gunsmith, doubt very much it can be done.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

3. #3 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Good to hear you are thinking about your wife. The LC9S is one of my favorites, love shooting this gun and have had em since they first came out. I would not own one without a safety. Yes, it is a fantastic trigger but it is a very light trigger. I have no problems with using a safety as I have trained with them all my life and now just a natural muscle memory skill. No you could not add a safety. But you should not have a problem selling it. I do not know what kind of gun you will get her, but I would really wait for the New Taurus Spectrum TO COME OUT. Let her pick the color. It looks like it will have a good safe trigger with a 7-9 lb pull. And she will not have to train with using a safety. Good luck.
    I agree with your advice, but remember, dennisjk: "Be not the first by whom the new is tried".
    Last edited by ETS; 02-05-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    davevabch likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    Welcome to the forum dennisjk! you might want to just take the hit and trade it for the standard LC9s. It has the manual safety. Denny
    ETS and Joenaper like this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

6. #5 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    Welcome to the forum dennisjk! you might want to just take the hit and trade it for the standard LC9s. It has the manual safety. Denny
    +1 toytraindoc
    davevabch likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

7. #6 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    ETS
    Plus with the LC9standard, you get to have not ONE, but TWO safeties!
    davevabch and Denny4kids like this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

8. #7 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    I agree with ETS - rather than try to modify your present pistol, it would be better to sell it and get one with a safety.

9. #8 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
    I agree with ETS - rather than try to modify your present pistol, it would be better to sell it and get one with a safety.
    Actually, as previously stated in another thread(I think), I removed the mag. disconnect safety from my LC9s standard, leaving me with, what I consider ideal-----a single, manual safety in the standard location.
    Last edited by ETS; 03-30-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

10. #9 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    Sorry, I misunderstood. The original post talked about adding a safety to an LC9S Pro.

11. #10 Re: LC9S Pro - adding safety possible? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaidad View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood. The original post talked about adding a safety to an LC9S Pro.
    Yeah, I believe it was decided that adding a safety to the Pro would be a gunsmithing impossibility.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads