LC9 slide locked out/stuck

This is a discussion on LC9 slide locked out/stuck within the LC9 Technical forums, part of the LC9 category; I have an LC9 that I have been having some trouble with when I go to reassemble the pistol after cleaning it. When I go ...

Thread: LC9 slide locked out/stuck

1. #1 LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    I have an LC9 that I have been having some trouble with when I go to reassemble the pistol after cleaning it. When I go to put the slide back on to the gun it gets stuck about half way on and then at other times it gets stuck when you release the slide to come forward after you have gotten the slide completely all the way back. Most times I have been able to get it loose, but it is now stuck BIG TIME about half way back and it will not budge at all even while pulling down on the slide release lever !! I am careful to make sure that the slide lines up with the gun correctly before I try to run the slide back on. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you get the slide to eventually break loose ? I'm also wondering if there may not be a defect in the gun as this is my 2nd LC9 and I never had this problem with the first one. I do have the Galloway Steel Guide Rod in it but I don't think that is causing the issue as I had it in my previous LC9 as well with no issues. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !!

2. #2 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    It's really hard to know without the gun actually being in my hands. My first guess is that you did not correctly or completely seat the recoil spring assembly in the notch on the barrel lug. Sometimes it takes a lot of pressure to compress the assembly sufficiently so as to allow it to properly seat. This would be especially true if you have a stronger than stock recoil spring. I have a hard time thinking the slide release "lever" [] has anything to do with your problem.

3. #3 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    Well, I packed it up and sent it to Ruger today and they should have it tomorrow and we'll see what they say.

4. #4 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1oldgun View Post
    Well, I packed it up and sent it to Ruger today and they should have it tomorrow and we'll see what they say.
    When in doubt, that's the right answer.

5. #5 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    I had that problem. Found it to be the magazine when empty would push the slide holdback lever up, causing the slide to catch.

6. #6 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyg View Post
    I had that problem. Found it to be the magazine when empty would push the slide holdback lever up, causing the slide to catch.

I'm betting that was the problem. I never push the slide all the way back when reinstalling it. Only back far enough to line up the retainer pin hole to drop the pin in and then close the door, then put a full mag in and rack it.

Randy

7. #7 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rking1960 View Post
    I'm betting that was the problem. I never push the slide all the way back when reinstalling it. Only back far enough to line up the retainer pin hole to drop the pin in and then close the door, then put a full mag in and rack it.

Randy
    It's suppose to do that (lock open on an empty magazine) -- am I missing something here?
    NRA Patron Life Member

8. #8 Re: LC9 slide locked out/stuck 
    You are very correct.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads