Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9

This is a discussion on Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 within the LC9 Technical forums, part of the LC9 category; My wife has been shooting her engraved LC9 since she bought it and has consistently complained about her trigger finger getting pinched with the deep ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    My wife has been shooting her engraved LC9 since she bought it and has consistently complained about her trigger finger getting pinched with the deep break. It's doing a lot of idle sitting time accordingly.

I've been paying attention to the Galloway trigger mod with her in mind for quite a while. However, I did not want to risk changing the only components we had from the gun.

Recently I was skimming through the MidwayUSA website and saw that they carry the individual parts. OK, they're on backorder for later this month. We now have an order with Midway and I intend to send those in to Galloway and keep the originals as spares just-in-case.

I'll be about $60 in... about holster money. I'll potentially have a happier wife who might then consider carrying her LC9 or I can revert it back to original stock. If it works the way I expect, I can upgrade mine. This could get interesting...

For the record:
    The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
    Last edited by 3Coyotes; 06-06-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Add Modification Disclaimer

2. #2 re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    Keep us posted on how it works out.

RICHGCOOP

3. #3 re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    I do not mean any disrespect to Galloway (I see they are a commercial sponsor) but I would like to see an independent test showing a minimum of 250 problem-free rounds with these parts before I would even consider installing in my LCP designed and purchased for personal defense. When it comes to carry weapons and safety, there is little margin for error.
    "Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

4. #4 re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    I agree with kraigster. My other problem is a modification of a weapon that you carry for self defense. If you modify it and need to use it a good prosecuting attorney could claim the modification caused the weapon to easily discharge and cause bodily harm to the perp.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! Benjamin Franklin

5. #5 re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesRaby View Post
    If you modify it and need to use it a good prosecuting attorney could claim the modification caused the weapon to easily discharge and cause bodily harm to the perp.
    Then hire a better defense lawyer. That'd be a really thin argument in the courtroom, especially if the BG was trying to rawl you at an ATM or something like that.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

6. #6 re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    You have to be alive to be prosecuted or sued. You shouldn't pull the gun except to save your life. The rest is speculative at best.
    They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
    ~ Dorothy Parker

7. #7 Re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    I guess that my first consideration is that currently, my wife's LC9 is a paper weight because of the long pinching trigger pull. She's set on carrying her LCP.

I'm not looking for a hair trigger to make it easier to holes in a perp, just a marginally shorter pull that may be equivalent to that of a Shield or Kahr. If it does that and no more, 250 test rounds sounds very reasonable.

This is just a good opportunity to satisfy my curiousity.

In the interim, we can get back to the modification vs SD discussion.

Disclaimer in the OP still applies.
    discoqueen likes this.

8. #8 Re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    You guys are getting totally off point. We are NOT talking about the legal ramifications but the safety and functionality, i.e., will this gun function error-free with the after-market trigger, etc. I am advocating for extensive testing prior to carry, that is all.
    "Life is too short to smoke cheap cigars."

9. #9 Re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by kraigster414 View Post
    You guys are getting totally off point. We are NOT talking about the legal ramifications but the safety and functionality, i.e., will this gun function error-free with the after-market trigger, etc. I am advocating for extensive testing prior to carry, that is all.
    I guess this is the best way to find out. Have someone independent of the manufacturer try it out and report back with an unbiased opinion?

10. #10 Re: Galloway trigger modification - Wifes LC9 
    On the LC9 I parts I have no experience as I sadly do not own the gun but I do have the trigger for the LCP and have put 400 rounds through it a mix of both HP and target ammo this was in one session at the range I did not have one failure nor did the gun show any reliability or safety concerns.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We Greeks created western civilization and we will destroy it if we want to.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads