Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Trigger bar mod (LC9)?

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  exavid 
#1 ·

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Elsie Pea Forum does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks from the moderators.I saw a video where a YouTube user drilled a new hole in his trigger bar to make the pistol fire before the trigger was all the way back. I believe it was rearward 1/10th of an inch, and the trigger moved the hammer fully back, and fired just past half way. All he seems to have done is use up some of the pre-travel. Anyone else done this? A new bar from Ruger is less than $10...

Here is the video: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=/&gl=US#/watch?v=RYzBXrxfgdo

Apologies for neglecting to add the disclaimer.

See less See more
#6 ·

The Elsie Pea Forum does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.

I'm sure I know the video. There more to doing it right than just drilling a hole....if you don't mess it up trying. :D

Look at gallows site for the bar as well as the modified hammer (and other goodies)

http://www.gallowayprecision.com/lc9performanceparts.html

Sent from EVO 3D on the move...

#7 ·

Yes, there is help for the looooonnnggg trigger on the LC9. The Galloway hammer and trigger bar mods make it a great trigger, if you are not happy with it from Ruger.
Roger

#9 ·
I almost gave up on my LCP at first. The long, heavy trigger pull was causing me big problems, shooting low right (southpaw). It took a LOT of practice to get to the point I can hit a pop can reliably at 25yds with it. Lucky I stuck with it because it made my LC9 feel just right on the trigger. Add to that the good sights and it's a nice accurate pistol to shoot just the way Ruger made it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.