Yesterday range day

Yesterday range day

This is a discussion on Yesterday range day within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; I went to the range to shoot a gun. It was real and had real bullets. It was very loud, but I wore ear muffs....

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By davevabch
  • 2 Post By pennsy
  • 2 Post By mukwah
  • 1 Post By toytraindoc
  • 1 Post By 3Coyotes

Thread: Yesterday range day

1. #1 Yesterday range day 
    I went to the range to shoot a gun. It was real and had real bullets. It was very loud, but I wore ear muffs.
    Last edited by davevabch; 05-05-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    pennsy and 9Short like this.

2. #2 Re: Yesterday range day 
    Went to the range myself today . No Zombies , just birds , trees ,sunlight . Had to watch out for ticks , though . Getting worse every year . I keep the brush cut back but they are even in the lawn now .
    Put another box through the LC9spro . Since removing the laser , my trigger finger no longer gets slapped . Half the flinch problem right there . 4 inches from the bench at 60 feet . 10 " gong in rapid fire at 30 feet no problem .
    The sights are geared for fast target acquisition and not target shooting . You can put two front blade widths in the rear notch . I am happy that I blacked out the rear sight and painted the front blade solid white .
    This trigger is also best suited for rapid fire . Pull straight through and don't try to stage it . No wall to signal sear break . Will shoot another 50 today then clean it up .
    davevabch and Bgoff689 like this.

3. #3 Re: Yesterday range day 
    Sounds like you had a good shoot, a little stress relief.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    davevabch and pennsy like this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Yesterday range day 
    I go to a public range and ALWAYS watch those close to me. New shooters can be dangerous and young male new shooters even worse. One of them was sitting in a chair, off the firing line & behind me, loading his revolver. I said something to him, trying to be respectful, about violating range safety rules. He actually apologized, twice, which was a plesant surprise.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

6. #5 Re: Yesterday range day 
    It sounds like you had a good time at the range. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    davevabch likes this.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

7. #6 Re: Yesterday range day 
    Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    I go to a public range and ALWAYS watch those close to me. New shooters can be dangerous and young male new shooters even worse. One of them was sitting in a chair, off the firing line & behind me, loading his revolver. I said something to him, trying to be respectful, about violating range safety rules. He actually apologized, twice, which was a plesant surprise.
    I feel the same way. Last week I had exactly the same experience. After I spoke to the young guy loading his gun away from the booth, one of the range instructors who had seen him, approached and had a nice word with him. How ever, in this situation, the guy who was his partner did not have the same polite reaction. He didn't seem to like someone telling his friend to be more careful. Violate basic saftey rules and you are out the door.

8. #7 Re: Yesterday range day 
    I don't visit our range between late Saturday mornings through Sunday. Basically weekends when I expect the wild and wooly to be there. They always make themselves known with their behavior. Two people at the line, reaching in to handle the gun, loading away from the bench, distracted conversation. Good time to leave if they show up.

With that said, the LC9s is far greater than the sum of its parts. Superb engineering and shootability.
    Bgoff689 likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads