1st Gen LC9

1st Gen LC9

This is a discussion on 1st Gen LC9 within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; Anyone besides me still carrying and shooting the original LC9? I've grown accustomed to the long trigger pull and still practice and drill with it ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1st Gen LC9

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 1st Gen LC9 
    Anyone besides me still carrying and shooting the original LC9? I've grown accustomed to the long trigger pull and still practice and drill with it regularly. The LC9s sure sounds a little tempting but is it worth reprogramming my brain and muscle memory at my age?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

2. #2 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    Anyone besides me still carrying and shooting the original LC9? I've grown accustomed to the long trigger pull and still practice and drill with it regularly. The LC9s sure sounds a little tempting but is it worth reprogramming my brain and muscle memory at my age?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    I gave my original LC9 to my brother who lives in Utah. He is into rifles and hunting. When I talk to him, I always ask him about the gun. He say's he carries it every day now. When I ask him about the trigger he always say's the trigger if great for his needs and would not want it any other way. He says he shoots it well, and loves the gun. The Original is the LC9 I started with. It is the one that I first fell in love with. I put thousands of rounds through it. and he says the gun will be with him for the rest of his life. He has no other need for anything else. I love the LC9S. The trigger is however is too short for my liking, but at least it has the Safety. I would not carry one without one. Just too dangerous. I also Hate the Glock ridiculous pre-trigger on the gun. Same as on the SR9C. Just a insane way to do a trigger. Totally worth less.
    Last edited by davevabch; 04-22-2017 at 06:21 AM.

3. #3 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    If you're not going to use your LC9s for self-defense, how difficult would it be to remove the pre-trigger (aka trigger safety, blade safety, doohickey, etc.) on the gun? It doesn't appear to serve any useful purpose . . . or at least none that I can tell.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    If you're not going to use your LC9s for self-defense, how difficult would it be to remove the pre-trigger (aka trigger safety, blade safety, doohickey, etc.) on the gun? It doesn't appear to serve any useful purpose . . . or at least none that I can tell.
    That little clothes pin safety is a drop safety.
    We know an object in motion tends to stay in motion, right? So, IF you dropped your LC9s from a height great enough and it hit something solid
    at just the right attitude, it could fire.
    That trigger gizmo keeps the trigger from moving unless it's by a finger pull.

Back to the OP, Drama Hand likes her Lilac LC 9 and her sister took my black one but Drama Hand like her Sig .380 better.
    "Throw me some chicken!"

6. #5 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Verticoli View Post
    That trigger gizmo keeps the trigger from moving unless it's by a finger pull.
    Actually that's not true. The trigger will move if ANYTHING pulls on it that comes in contact with the trigger gizmo. Don't believe me? Watch this:

https://youtu.be/R0_qdJ4IDI8

Some folks may say otherwise, but the trigger gizmo (aka blade, doohickey, whatchamacallit, etc.) is a safety in name only as far as I'm concerned.
    davevabch likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #6 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    You are correct it serves no purpose.
    It serves one purpose, Dave. It gives gun manufacturers that incorporate it into their firearms the ability to proclaim that their pistols have trigger safeties. Whether it actually functions as a trigger safety doesn't seem to be something they like to discuss very much, though. For example, I can't find any reference to its safety capabilities at all in the LCP II instruction manual. Makes me wonder if that's because the LCP II doesn't actually have any real trigger safety capabilities. Perhaps the blade/doohickey/whatchamacallit is just there to give folks who don't know any better a false sense of security.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-22-2017 at 12:16 PM.
    davevabch likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #7 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    I think they believe it is a cool look feature.
    Could be that or it could be that most folks don't know any better and they're not willing to take the time to find out. The crazy thing is, some folks actually DO seem to know better and they're still willing to drink the Kool-Aid. Go figure!

I said it before and I'll say it again . . . the term "Glock leg" didn't appear out of nowhere for no reason. And it's NOT an urban myth.
    Elsie9er likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

9. #8 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    That video was of a guy and his Glock. I just repeated what i was told.
    Hey, if you don't like the trigger on your stock gun, modify it to your heart's content.
    I do know one thing, I own 6 or 7 guns with that dodad on the trigger and I wouldn't carry one of them
    with out it.
    "Throw me some chicken!"

10. #9 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Verticoli View Post
    Hey, if you don't like the trigger on your stock gun, modify it to your heart's content.
    No worries here, Verticoli. The triggers on my guns don't contain any useless parts . . . or at least none that I'm aware of. So there's no need to modify them. But I do have a question for you. What exactly is it that the doodads on the triggers do for the six or seven guns you own that have them that would make you unwilling to carry those very same guns if they didn't have doodads on their triggers? Or to put it another way, do you really think those guns are safer with doodads installed on their triggers than they would be without them? If you do, what makes you think so? I mean we've already pretty much established that if anything pulls on their triggers, the doodads aren't going to prevent them from firing, right? If that's the case, why are the doodads there at all?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to get under your skin here. I'm just trying to understand what value you see in a device that appears to me to be practically worthless from a safety standpoint.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-22-2017 at 05:00 PM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

11. #10 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Verticoli, I appreciate your opinion. I have now two pistols which I love ,but have the Glock thing on front. It is a strange device in my opinion but life is give and take and some times you have to just make the best of of. So I have learned to accept this worthless device and of course it would be unreasonable to get a Gun Smith to remove it. But I think you know this.
    However, I am interested in all guns as I have many. You say that you would never carry a gun that did not have this feature. Wow, that is a powerful statement and eliminates some of the finest produced firearms in the world. Including some great high Priced Custom guns.
    So please, I am just asking. Why do you feel that device is so superior that you would never carry another firearm that did not have it? I must be missing something and it is important for me to find out what that is. It is important because one of those guns is a gun I carry to defend my life and the life of my family. Please enlighten me. I just purchase two firearms, one today as a matter of fact. And they do not have that device. Have I made a major mistake?
    I think he was only referring to the 6 or 7 he has ,Dave.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads