1st Gen LC9 - Page 3

1st Gen LC9

This is a discussion on 1st Gen LC9 within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; Originally Posted by Verticoli That trigger blade is lame and not a safety at all. Thank you for being willing to admit that the trigger ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1st Gen LC9

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #21 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Verticoli View Post
    That trigger blade is lame and not a safety at all.
    Thank you for being willing to admit that the trigger blade (aka doodad as you call it), is not a REAL safety akin to a manual safety. Your statement appears to be supported by the FACTS and stands as a testament to the trigger blade's lack of usefulness. That's good enough for me.

It is my sincere hope that you don't buy into the malarkey that firearm safety is only in your head. I also hope that none of the six or seven guns you own with trigger blades ever cause you or anyone else unintended injury.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-25-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

2. #22 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Verticoli View Post
    OK, you are certainly right if that's your choice of view points. That trigger blade is lame and not a safety at all.
    My preferred view is that the man that put that blade on the trigger of a polymer gun changed the world of hand gunning and made a mint doing it.
    Then, his revolutionary vision of a hand gun was sold world round by a huckster that is in jail now for attempting murder on the inventor.
    And , a reference; https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-Glo...-safety-at-all
    I would say that he changed the world of hand gunning with a Polymere grip, not a bogus safety. Regardless, I really believe the bogus safety was away to get around lawyers who probably would not know the difference. It is not just a coincidence it started with a gun that did not have a real safety. Glock won a lot of government contracts and that meant a lot of money flowing under the table. When the specs required a safety, just hand them a bag of cash and a fake safety and bingo. Deal done.

3. #23 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    I read that Glock sold to police departments at bargain basement prices and liberal replacement plans to be able to say that x number of police use them. Great strategy . If the police use them , they must be good . Sign me up!
    davevabch likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    It comes back to the issue of safety versus shootability. I don't think police officers enjoy training any more than civilians do. Without a lot of training, SA pistols are more instinctive and easier to shoot accurately than DAO or DA/SA pistols. All someone had to do was invent a device that masqueraded as a safety and didn't affect shootability and the rest, as they say, is history. Shoot yourself in the leg? No problem. Injure someone unintentionally? C'est la guerre. Those things didn't seem to matter when weighed against the convenience and transparency the blade safety brought with it.

As far as I'm concerned, the increase in accidental discharges engendered by the advent of the blade safety didn't help the shooting community. It hurt it. And it continues to hurt it to this day.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-25-2017 at 10:23 AM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #25 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Now, invent a real safety and a easy to learn trigger and you would be doing something . I'm thinking an embedded chip .

7. #26 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Now, invent a real safety and a easy to learn trigger and you would be doing something . I'm thinking an embedded chip .
    An intelligent gun . . . one that can only be shot by its registered owner . . . is only a matter of time, I suspect. Society will eventually demand that something in the equation be required to act intelligently. And when it does, we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-25-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #27 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    We have to get past the politics of it all . It would prevent bad guys and kids from firing your gun. Some dimwad in NJ made a law saying when it came to market , it would have to be on all guns sold there . Of course the NRA saw this as gun control and all hell broke loose . Then the politician said they would rescind the law but the damage was done . A gun shop owner was going to sell it but started receiving death threats . End of that .

9. #28 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I read that Glock sold to police departments at bargain basement prices and liberal replacement plans to be able to say that x number of police use them. Great strategy . If the police use them , they must be good . Sign me up!
    It all comes down to money! And Yes, we already know that the John Q. Public is gullible. We also know that most really do not care about safety. Have some one tell them something is safe and that is good enough for them. People have lost the ability to "REASON FOR THEMSELVES". They need a Church Minister to be told how to live, they need a talk show host to tell then how to vote, they need a guy behind a Cabela's counter to tell them them what gun to buy. Or they need some bogus internet gun expert to compare a gun and give you his OPINION. By the way 98% of those are jug heads. If a cop carries a Glock, then it must be the BEST. Heck, I know cops that can barely shoot a gun and don't know a Glock from a Ruger or Smith And Wesson. I know one cop that dreads to go to the qualifying range, even though the qualifier he has to go through is a cake walk. But he is also the guy that will tell 100 people that Glock is the Best.
    Anybody tell's me to my face in Public that the Glock Trigger is safe will usually get a good chuckle from me with a shake of my head and see me rubbing my temples.
    pennsy and bld522 like this.

10. #29 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Come on , Dave you are getting soft . You should have raked me over the coals by now for my smart gun post .
    Last edited by pennsy; 04-25-2017 at 11:16 AM.

11. #30 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    It all comes down to money! And Yes, we already know that the John Q. Public is gullible. We also know that most really do not care about safety. Have some one tell them something is safe and that is good enough for them. People have lost the ability to "REASON FOR THEMSELVES". They need a Church Minister to be told how to live, they need a talk show host to tell then how to vote, they need a guy behind a Cabela's counter to tell them them what gun to buy. Or they need some bogus internet gun expert to compare a gun and give you his OPINION. By the way 98% of those are jug heads. If a cop carries a Glock, then it must be the BEST. Heck, I know cops that can barely shoot a gun and don't know a Glock from a Ruger or Smith And Wesson. I know one cop that dreads to go to the qualifying range, even though the qualifier he has to go through is a cake walk. But he is also the guy that will tell 100 people that Glock is the Best. Anybody tell's me to my face in Public that the Glock Trigger is safe will usually get a good chuckle from me with a shake of my head and see me rubbing my temples.
    Yep. The marvelous demotivational poster at Despair.com that illustrates the word "Meetings" could apply just as easily to the word "Society". The definition reads, "None of Us is as Dumb as All of Us". If human beings are the highest form of intelligence in the universe, God help the universe.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads