1st Gen LC9 - Page 2

1st Gen LC9

This is a discussion on 1st Gen LC9 within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; Originally Posted by pennsy I think he was only referring to the 6 or 7 he has ,Dave. Six or seven what? Must be a ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: 1st Gen LC9

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I think he was only referring to the 6 or 7 he has ,Dave.
    Six or seven what? Must be a lot of Glocks. How many other manufactures put these things on their guns? What is the actual term for this device anyway? But I asked why he would not carry any other gun without one?

2. #12 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    I would imagine that guns without them have some other form of safety . I know , they aren't much of a safety but the legal department must think so . What it is .

3. #13 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I would imagine that guns without them have some other form of safety . I know , they aren't much of a safety but the legal department must think so . What it is .
    Have been spending the evening trying to find out the answer to my question. Gock forums etc. The best I can come up with is it is called a "NEW YORK SAFETY". They also talk a lot about California etc. I suspect the doodad, was just a attempt to skate by dumb politicians. The doodad is so stupid it boggles the mind. By the way this morning I asked this question to my Range Master friend whom I have known for years. He has more experience than most of us have in our thumbs. He told me he honestly could not answer that question and then pulled out his 1911. And then the question begs, why would Verticoli not ever carry a 1911?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Yeah , I bought a pro and feel it all the time .

6. #15 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    What is the actual term for this device anyway?
    Ruger appears to call it the "Inner Trigger". They don't refer to it as a "safety" at all. It's just a part of the trigger mechanism. Nowhere in any of the product instruction manuals I've looked at does it say what it's for. In this news release, however, Ruger does refer to it as a safety:

http://www.ruger.com/news/2016-10-06.html

Ruger doesn't explain in the news release how the inner trigger safety is actually supposed to work, however. So your guess is as good as mine.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-22-2017 at 10:48 PM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #16 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    The one in ten chance whatever is pushing on the trigger only hits the outside.

8. #17 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Interesting discussion. Got to work late and will add $.02 later. Please carry on.
    "Throw me some chicken!"

9. #18 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by Verticoli View Post
    Interesting discussion. Got to work late and will add $.02 later.
    Please do that, Verticoli. You seem to be an advocate of the trigger doodad and in my view, no one has yet made a compelling argument in support of it being an effective safety device. Perhaps you can accomplish what so many others have failed to accomplish and convince me that it is.

One thing I can tell you for sure. Your position with respect to the effectiveness of the doodad as a safety device will have to be backed up by facts rather than feelings, opinions or beliefs if it's to stand any chance at all of getting me to change my mind. And you'll need to cite your sources as well. For example, if you're able to reference so much as a single article or study where the number of accidental discharges among police officers decreased after their departments transitioned them to carrying pistols with doodads on their triggers, that would be compelling evidence as far as I'm concerned. But I'd need to know where to find that article or study so I could see it for myself.

Thanks. :-)
    Last edited by bld522; 04-24-2017 at 08:10 PM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

10. #19 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    New User
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    Anyone besides me still carrying and shooting the original LC9? I've grown accustomed to the long trigger pull and still practice and drill with it regularly. The LC9s sure sounds a little tempting but is it worth reprogramming my brain and muscle memory at my age?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    To answer your original question, I carry the original LC9 daily. I have no need to change to the newer model.
    Elsie9er and alduane like this.

11. #20 Re: 1st Gen LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Please do that, Verticoli. You seem to be an advocate of the trigger doodad and in my view, no one has yet made a compelling argument in support of it being an effective safety device. Perhaps you can accomplish what so many others have failed to accomplish and convince me that it is.

One thing I can tell you for sure. Your position with respect to the effectiveness of the doodad as a safety device will have to be backed up by facts rather than feelings, opinions or beliefs if it's to stand any chance at all of getting me to change my mind. And you'll need to cite your sources as well. For example, if you're able to reference so much as a single article or study where the number of accidental discharges among police officers decreased after their departments transitioned them to carrying pistols with doodads on their triggers, that would be compelling evidence as far as I'm concerned. But I'd need to know where to find that article or study so I could see it for myself.

Thanks. :-)
    OK, you are certainly right if that's your choice of view points. That trigger blade is lame and not a safety at all.
    My preferred view is that the man that put that blade on the trigger of a polymer gun changed the world of hand gunning and made a mint doing it.
    Then, his revolutionary vision of a hand gun was sold world round by a huckster that is in jail now for attempting murder on the inventor.
    And , a reference; https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-Glo...-safety-at-all
    "Throw me some chicken!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads