Potential problem LC9s - Page 2

Potential problem LC9s

This is a discussion on Potential problem LC9s within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; I wish I had a gunsmith in my pocket....

Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Potential problem LC9s

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    ETS
    I wish I had a gunsmith in my pocket.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

2. #12 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    We must also resist the temptation to oil the striker. The oil will cause the striker to hydraulic lock just enough to cause light primer strikes. I found out the hard way, and then found out it was common knowledge among my fellow competition shooters. We shoot hundreds of rounds and the striker is something I keep an eye on. When your striker and channel are clean they will have a certain feel when you move them. Remember that feel when you clean your weapon. I flush mine with brake clean then blow with air or simply wait for the cleaner to evaporate. Normally I don't remove the striker unless I'm changing the spring. Denny
    I like the air idea. I was thinking that myself .

3. #13 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I like the air idea. I was thinking that myself .
    I do have and use compressed air canisters when cleaning my weapons--guess 'cause I can't get a gunsmith to stay in my pocket!
    pennsy likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    I do have and use compressed air canisters when cleaning my weapons--guess 'cause I can't get a gunsmith to stay in my pocket!
    Please realize that the stuff in those "air" cans is not air. It's a potentially hazardous material such as Difluoroethane. Make sure that it's used in a well-ventilated area and that there are no open flames or other ignition sources because the stuff in the cans normally is able to burn.

I have a 25-gallon heavy duty compressor in my garage in addition to a smaller easily portable compressor that I can take anywhere. I use these for cleaning stuff in addition to many other tasks.

Skip
    pennsy likes this.
    Skip Douglas

6. #15 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny4kids View Post
    We must also resist the temptation to oil the striker. The oil will cause the striker to hydraulic lock just enough to cause light primer strikes. I found out the hard way, and then found out it was common knowledge among my fellow competition shooters. We shoot hundreds of rounds and the striker is something I keep an eye on. When your striker and channel are clean they will have a certain feel when you move them. Remember that feel when you clean your weapon. I flush mine with brake clean then blow with air or simply wait for the cleaner to evaporate. Normally I don't remove the striker unless I'm changing the spring. Denny
    I also Spray with "Cleaner" turn upside down and leave over night to drip out, and then repeat. Thousands of rounds with two LC9's and never a problem. Important to let dry completely. No oil of any kind.
    pennsy likes this.

7. #16 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    what direction do you spray the cleaner and what direction do you blow it out . I have a can of gun scrubber I assume would work .
    Last edited by pennsy; 03-01-2017 at 04:15 PM.

8. #17 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    what direction do you spray the cleaner and what direction do you blow it out .
    I try and point the hole down as much as possible. I do not spray with air, I figure there is enough arousal pressure in the can for that. It does fill up with a lot of guke, when it drains you can see all the crap draining out. I also will put some wipe-Out in it. This stuff will clean a dirty barrel like new over night. Eats up fouling,
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-01-2017 at 05:01 PM.

9. #18 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I try and point the hole down as much as possible. I do not spray with air, I figure there is enough arousal pressure in the can for that. It does fill up with a lot of guke, when it drains you can see all the crap draining out.
    Do you spray it in the firing pin hole or from the rear?

10. #19 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    I spray it from both directions then move the striker and spray again until it feels right. I like Dave's way also. Wear eye protection! And listen to Skip if you use canned air! Den
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

11. #20 Re: Potential problem LC9s 
    If you use Gun Scrubber on a polymer firearm, try to use the Synthetic Safe version.

The original can damage plastics, or so I've heard. I don't want to know.
    pennsy likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads