LC9 appearance redesign potential????

LC9 appearance redesign potential????

This is a discussion on LC9 appearance redesign potential???? within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about Ruger redesigning the looks of the LC9 series to be more in line with Ruger ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By davevabch
  • 1 Post By 3Coyotes
  • 1 Post By ETS
  • 1 Post By rpott3

Thread: LC9 appearance redesign potential????

1. #1 LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about Ruger redesigning the looks of the LC9 series to be more in line with Ruger American handguns, and what they did going from the classic LCP look to the newer look with the LCP II? I've heard nothing, but their shift in appearance from the more classic LCP design (which looks like a smaller LC9) to what they went with the LCP II made me think they might be considering it for the LC9 series. Maybe a Ruger American Subcompact single stack 9mm?
    Last edited by Nukes; 02-23-2017 at 11:15 PM.

2. #2 re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything about Ruger redesigning the looks of the LC9 series to be more in line with Ruger American handguns, and what they did going from the classic LCP look to the newer look with the LCP II? I've heard nothing, but their shift in appearance from the more classic LCP design (which looks like a smaller LC9) to what they went with the LCP II made me think they might be considering it for the LC9 series. Maybe a Ruger American Subcompact single stack 9mm?
    After they revised the Long Trigger pull, I really don't think there was much to do with the LC9S. It is a spectacular shooter in all categories. Extremely rugged, accurate, great trigger, slim profile and for myself, extremely reliable with just about any ammo. I am very fond of this gun, have shot quite a lot of ammo down range with it. I believe it will provide many more years of good service. I actually hope they don't touch it.
    pennsy and ETS like this.

3. #3 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    They probably have some designs locked up somewhere in case they need to do some type of changes etc.. but, if it's still selling well for them you will not see any changes. The market will let Ruger know when to make any changes.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    After they revised the Long Trigger pull, I really don't think there was much to do with the LC9S. It is a spectacular shooter in all categories. Extremely rugged, accurate, great trigger, slim profile and for myself, extremely reliable with just about any ammo. I am very fond of this gun, have shot quite a lot of ammo down range with it. I believe it will provide many more years of good service. I actually hope they don't touch it.
    Are you referring to the LC9S? I have considered a LC380 for my wife but don't want that horrid trigger from the original LC9 that I had.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. #5 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    They can always modify the lines and stipling to freshen $$$ sales up, but the LC9s as it is carries very high marks. No need to mess with it.
    saltair likes this.

7. #6 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Coyotes View Post
    They can always modify the lines and stipling to freshen $$$ sales up, but the LC9s as it is carries very high marks. No need to mess with it.
    Agree--LC9s is very comfortable to carry and to shoot just as it is.
    Last edited by ETS; 02-24-2017 at 07:43 PM.
    davevabch likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

8. #7 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    . I actually hope they don't touch it.
    I hope they don't touch it because then I will have to buy one. (the voices told me so)
    keithdog likes this.
    My wife accused me of being immature.
    I told her to get out of my fort.

9. #8 Re: LC9 appearance redesign potential???? 
    I hope they don't change it, like they did the GLCP42 !!!
    I am an American; free born and free breed, where Iacknowledge no man as my superior, except for his own worth, or as my inferior,except for his own demerit. “Theodore Roosevelt” 1858 - 1919

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads