A little comparing

A little comparing

This is a discussion on A little comparing within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; I took my S&W Shield 9, and my new LC9S to the range Saturday, along with 200 rounds of my trusty reloads. I figured they ...

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A little comparing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A little comparing 
    I took my S&W Shield 9, and my new LC9S to the range Saturday, along with 200 rounds of my trusty reloads.

I figured they would shoot about the same. No so.

The trigger on the LC9S is definitely an improvement over the old LC9, but it still is nowhere as crisp and positive as the Shield. The sights were narrower, and I found it harder to get a good sight picture. Compared to the Shield, that LC9S is a snappy little bugger too. I didn't shoot nearly as well with the LC9S. As it is, I wouldn't feel confident carrying it.

Not bashing. I intend to keep the LC9s and practice a bit more with it, maybe I can get a bit more used to it, but dang, I'm disappointed.
    A 380 in your pocket will defend you far better than a 45 in the safe at home.

2. #2 Re: A little comparing 
    Thanks for the range report. Appreciate the information. My Shield 9 is my EDC gun.

3. #3 Re: A little comparing 
    I guess each individual has his own perceptions. I do not own the shield, but have shot them a number of times. Not sure if they have improved the trigger. But the trigger on the LC9S at around 5lbs is one of the best I have ever shot. As far as handling, I find the LC9S very mild especially for the size of the gun, easy to control. I had the original LC9 and of course the Shield had a much better trigger obviously. When the LC9S came out, it proved to be a real game changer.I am happy that you like your Shield, both are nice weapons. Personally I have been thinking of getting another LC9S as a back up. I shoot the LC9S almost every time I hit the range, which is usually twice a week. A lot of rounds through it, and it will eat just about any ammo I feed it.

PS I did have a after market sight place on. I believe it is the Tru Glow. Great for indoor range and outside.

Here is a comparison of a number of single stack 9mm's to include the Shield, and LC9s, Glock etc. Like I mentioned, all of these are great guns, and the owner will be the final choice. I will have to say, I really like the slim line looks of the Ruger, and is very easy to carry. Regardless of your choice, you should find this video very interesting. THANKS FOR SHARING THE RANGE REPORT

Last edited by davevabch; 11-08-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    saltair likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: A little comparing 
    I also had my S&W M&P 9c with me and shot a few rounds with it for comparison. It definitely has the shield and the lc9 beat. Never had a handgun that fit in the hand as well as that one. Too bad it's just a wee bit too bulky to EDC for me.

6. #5 Re: A little comparing 
    Quote Originally Posted by leadchucker View Post
    I also had my S&W M&P 9c with me and shot a few rounds with it for comparison. It definitely has the shield and the lc9 beat. Never had a handgun that fit in the hand as well as that one. Too bad it's just a wee bit too bulky to EDC for me.
    You are comparing two very different pistols. Now, you would have to compare the Smith 9c to the Ruger SR9C. Have not shot the Smith, but it would have to go along way to beat the Ruger Sr9C.

Here is a list of comparable differences between the Smith and Rugers mentioned above.

Handgun Database - Compare Handguns

7. #6 Re: A little comparing 
    Thanks for sharing your range report with us.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

8. #7 Re: A little comparing 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    You are comparing two very different pistols. Now, you would have to compare the Smith 9c to the Ruger SR9C. Have not shot the Smith, but it would have to go along way to beat the Ruger Sr9C....

Note that I said that the M&P9C shot better than both of the single stacks.

My point was that the larger mass of the double stack pistols is probably what makes them more manageable, compared to the single stacks.

That is also why the LC9S feels more snappy than the Shield.

BTW, I also own an SR9C. I should probably do a comparison between it and the M&P9C.

9. #8 Re: A little comparing 
    The SR9C is probably the gun I shoot the least of all. Why, because it does not take much training to shoot very accurately. If you shoot often, you know that at any given time, that gun is going to perform exceedingly well. And Personally I feel it is almost like a 22.cal in Recoil. A toddler could probably shoot it. The LC9 is mild, I really do not notice a muzzle flip on this gun. Maybe, it is because I shoot it so often, Grip preference may have something to do with recoil or perception of recoil.. Maybe the Shield is more suited for you hand and vice versa. A good reason for anyone getting ready to purchase should take into consideration and try both.
    I am not a Glock fan, (great guns, just not a fan) the Glock 43 and the version in 380 always does well in high remarks. Bottom line is that all these pistols are extremely nice weapons. I would like to own all of them.

10. #9 Re: A little comparing 
    Thanks for the range report.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

11. #10 Re: A little comparing 
    I have the Shield and the LC9S and both are comparable.
    I like the grip on the Shield and I prefer the trigger on the LC9S. To me, the LC9S is more comfortable for IWB carrying. Thanks for the video.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads