The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S

The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S

This is a discussion on The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; Just got home today from the range. Started shooting my Bersa Thunder 22.cal. 150 rounds. I love the feel of this gun, love shooting it, ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By davevabch
  • 1 Post By davevabch
  • 1 Post By jkasch

Thread: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S

1. #1 The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    Just got home today from the range. Started shooting my Bersa Thunder 22.cal. 150 rounds. I love the feel of this gun, love shooting it, but for the fact it is so dang finicky on ammo. I brought along some Remington goldens, usually does well in my Bersa, but this new batch just did not seem to have the oomph of previous years. Gone are the days when I could bey Wildcats and Vipers etc. But hey, the way I look at it, the more you handle a jam the better shooter you become. Strangely the gun started shooting very well once it go hot. Go figure.

Moving on to the the LC9s. My gosh this is one gun that just amazes me the more I shoot it. I mean it is just a fun, fantastic shooter. And let me emphasize the word FUN! It is such a pleasure to shoot. So easy to score on targets well, recoil in what I call extremely PLEASANT! Recoil that is smooth and calculating. The gun just absorbs it. and the trigger is so sweet. I ran a hundred rounds of Tula, which this gun loves, and a 100 rounds of Freedommunitions reloads with only one problem and that was when I did not seat the mag. firmly or hit the release. That is odd for me, because this usually Never happens and this gun loves any ammo I feed it.
    I speak highly of the Pistol and the Ruger SR9C many times, For Myself, the Gods of Shooting sent these guns to me personally, I love them that much. They both get a 10 star rating.
    Last edited by davevabch; 10-21-2016 at 03:46 AM.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.

2. #2 Re: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    Will be going to range tomorrow. (Providing I am still here since we having a hurricane). I will taking my SR9C, and my Henry Frontier22.cal and my LCP. If the range is closed, I will be training with my 1911 BB pistol, my Walther CP88 Pellet and my Walther PPK BB Pistol, and my Walther LGV Rifle 22.cal pellet (one of the finest Pellet rifles ever made) and my Beeman C1 carbine 177 pellet . I love shooting at my backyard targets through my sniper office window.
    RICHGCOOP likes this.

3. #3 Re: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    Winter is fast approaching, I will put the LCP away and carry the LC9S.
    Last edited by davevabch; 10-21-2016 at 03:45 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    Would you say a LC9-S Pro is a good begginer's pistol, or would the regular LC9
    with its heavy DAO trigger be better?

The person already has a Ruger LCP, but not the newer LCP II version.
    "I am a soldier
    And it's love that I'm fighting for
    I am a soldier
    And the battle belongs to the Lord
    ".-Unspoken.

6. #5 Re: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    IMO... LC9S Pro, if in a proper IWB or OWB holster. If pocket carried, LC9S (with safety on) or LC9 with safety off.
    Denny4kids likes this.

7. #6 Re: The Marvelous King of the Road LC9S 
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkston_CZ View Post
    Would you say a LC9-S Pro is a good begginer's pistol, or would the regular LC9
    with its heavy DAO trigger be better?

The person already has a Ruger LCP, but not the newer LCP II version.
    "Beginner's Pistol? Interesting question. I would most definitely go with the Regular Pistol. The LC9S has a very light trigger, mine is around 5lbs. I am not a new Shooter, but obviously my first LC9 was the long trigger, because that was all they had when it first came out. I shot a Lot of Lead down range with that gun and loved it. I even carried with the safety on. Safety's are my preferred way to carry a CCW or any gun. It is the way I have trained all my life and Memory/muscle to disengage the safety for me, is just natural. I also liked the raised chamber indicator. Never could figure out why people did not like it. When the new model came out I bought it, and love this gun, love the trigger, but as I mentioned, it is very light, in my opinion very dangerous. I would never carry this gun without a safety.
    I gave my original model to my brother who has also always been a shooter, but now does not shoot a lot of handguns. He lives in Utah and does a lot of hunting and his hobby is rifles. He loves the lC9 and say's the long trigger does not bother him at all, especially since it is for CCW. He said he preferred it that way.
    Last edited by davevabch; 12-27-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads