Ruger Pistol Forums banner

LC9s magazines

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  toytraindoc 
#1 ·
I just bought a new LC9s Pro and wanted some additional mags. I had a promo discount so had to order it from the store. I requested the Italian mags and was told if they had any they would send them but the Italian mags were now discontinued. The new mags will all be USA made and supposedly they will be coming with a much better finish and will be equal in quality to Italian mags. I got the impression quality control has been improved and possibly a new company is involved. This info came from a dept head who also advised me an engineer was sent to the company to follow up on production. Anyway, thats what I was told, I'll have to wait and see what they send me. J L

#3 ·
My mags came today, Made in Italy. The only difference I notice between all the mags I have is the finish. The Italian mags have a deep shiny black finish while the USA mags have a dull charcoal finish, its all cosmetic.. As far as function goes, they all performed the same, I have no problems with either. It appears where they are made will be irrelevant soon since Ruger stated all the mags will be USA made from now on. J L

#5 ·
Clive,
When I spoke to a Ruger supervisor last week he asked me why I wanted the Italian mags, I told him the finish was better and they seemed to be better quality. He then told me the new USA mags were shiny and led me to believe they were being made by a different supplier, he did not say that outright, it was more my reading between the lines so I may be wrong on that point. He also said they had sent an engineer to monitor the production and quality of the new mags for a period of time and that the quality of the new USA mags were as good and better than the Italian mags. Hope this helps J L

#9 ·
I just bought a new LC9s, which came with a US mag. Every 4th round with hollow points, the slide was locking open. I called Ruger, and they sent me a replacement mag, which was made in Italy. The problems vanished. I need to buy a spare mag - it'll be one made in Italy (my LGS has several).

#13 ·
Mine came with a USA mag and the new one I ordered from Ruger was made in Italy. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet but it looks the same. Loaded the same too.

Not to change the subject but, are there any aftermarket extended magazines that fit better than the Ruger brand? From the pictures I've seen online, they don't seem to fit the gun right as far as looks go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.