LC9S vs LC9S Pro - Page 2

LC9S vs LC9S Pro

This is a discussion on LC9S vs LC9S Pro within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; This thread almost crys out for a 3rd LC9s. One with a manual safety, but w/o the mag disconnect. Lessee, what number or nomenclature would ...

Like Tree11Likes

Thread: LC9S vs LC9S Pro

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    This thread almost crys out for a 3rd LC9s. One with a manual safety, but w/o the mag disconnect. Lessee, what number or nomenclature would they put on an in-between model like that?
    saltair, bowserb and rodspade like this.
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. May your chains set lightly upon
    you. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity
    forget that ye were our countrymen."
    - Samuel Adams

2. #12 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    Quote Originally Posted by beamon View Post
    This thread almost crys out for a 3rd LC9s. One with a manual safety, but w/o the mag disconnect. Lessee, what number or nomenclature would they put on an in-between model like that?
    That get's my vote. Sounds like a great idea!
    "Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!" From the movie, "Blazing Saddles"
    Beretta 92fs
    Ruger LCP
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger SR22P
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    S&W M&P Shield 9mm

3. #13 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    LC9s Semi-pro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    I acquired an LC9 with the Viridian Green Laser on a trade. One day at the range convinced me that this was NOT the CC pistol for me! I had traded up from an LCP to the 9mm, but this one had an aggravating long trigger pull, almost full stroke reset for follow-up and just didn't feel good. Will probably trade this one off soon.
    Still wanting a small 9mm and favoring Ruger, I got a feel of the LC9s and chose the Pro version. Fantastic!!!! I always carry in a holster, to both protect the trigger and to maintain a constant position for drawing. Being an old wheel-gun user, I am fully aware of the necessity for trigger protection. I suggest the standard LC9s for anyone not adequately trained for non-safety pistol models! If anyone is concerned about not having a manual safety, enough to hesitate carrying, then go for the standard LC9s, which has the same great trigger (with short reset).
    Grandpa Moose

6. #15 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    YUP! and can be fired without the mag.
    NRA BENEFACTOR

7. #16 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    New User
    I have had 2 LC9s and an LC9s (as well as an LCP) and love all of them. I traded one of my LC9's up for the new LC9s. I have almost 3,000 rounds through all 3 LC9's with no issues. Bullet-proof guns. My only suggestion between the LC9s and the LC9 Pro is that if you were going to go with one without a safety at all, I would recommend the regular LC9 as it has a harder trigger pull and you are less apt to accidentally fire it. If you do go with the Pro, as with any gun without a safety, you will just want to be very careful as the LC9s trigger pull is much lighter. I have never been a big and of the safety of the internal trigger as there is a good chance that, when the outer trigger is pulled it is a safe bet the inner one can easily be pulled whether it is a snag or just accidentally pulled. Either way, if you are deciding on an LC9, LC9s or LC9s Pro, it is a win-win! There is not a better pocket pistol out there! Good luck!
    sallysouthpaw likes this.

8. #17 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    Let me add another vote for this model. And maybe with two magazines?

9. #18 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    LC9s Pro model, hands-down. Ruger has finally made the perfect carry gun, and it was by listening to the majority of gun owners. If you are in favor of a safety, mag disconnect, and LCI garbage on your carry weapon...you are the minority. I literally didn't buy an LC9 because the first one was bad in just about every way, and the LC9s looked like it had been designed by Sarah Brady. Then, Ruger decided to scrap all of that and just make a simple gun that works, with an incredible smooth crisp trigger on top of that. I will probably end up with 5 or so LC9s Pros just to have extras in case they ever stop producing them for whatever reason. Kudos to Ruger.

10. #19 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    I love the love the lc9s myself. Everyone has their own opinionand training regimen but after a self-defense class I took a while back I want a gun with those features. One of the training scenarios was based on a real situation where the victim got one non-lethal shot fired and then ended up wrestling for control of the weapon with the attacker. Lying on a the floor watching the barrel of a blue piece of plastic move inexorably toward my head i decided I like a magazine safety very much. I certainly hope I never have to repeat that experience outside a class, but that class is one of the reasons I practically pounced on the LC9s when it hit the market.

11. #20 Re: LC9S vs LC9S Pro 
    As one that has carried small revolvers for years, and still do sometimes, I don't feel the need for a safety on a carry gun that has a long and heavy trigger, just like a DA revolver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads