Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Crossbreed Holster for LC9

12K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  rockys lc9 ruger 
#1 ·
I am thinking of getting either the Crossbreed 'Appendix' holster or the Crossbreed 'Mini Tuck' holster for my LC9. I currently have a Galco Stow and Go IWB holster for it that I wear 'crossdraw' as I am right handed but it is not 'tuckable'. The Appendix holster can be worn strong side or crossdraw which is appealing,but I have no idea if it is tuckable and I see where alot of people wear the Minituck in the 4 o'clock position ( for right handed people ). I know it comes down to personal preference, but was just wondering if any of you LC9 folks are familiar with either of these 2 Crossbreed holsters and what your thoughts are about them.It's not that I'm opposed to wearing the pistol in the 4 o'clock postion or favor the crossdraw, I'm just looking for any comments good or bad about either holster or position of wearing the pistol. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.

#2 ·
The Appendix holster can be worn strong side or crossdraw which is appealing,but I have no idea if it is tuckable and I see where alot of people wear the Minituck in the 4 o'clock position ( for right handed people ). I know it comes down to personal preference, but was just wondering if any of you LC9 folks are familiar with either of these 2 Crossbreed holsters and what your thoughts are about them.It's not that I'm opposed to wearing the pistol in the 4 o'clock postion or favor the crossdraw, I'm just looking for any comments good or bad about either holster or position of wearing the pistol. Thanks in advance for any thoughts or comments.
While I have no personal knowledge of CrossBreed's Appendix holster it does appear [LOOKING AT THE PICTURE ON THEIR WEBSITE] that is tuckable. Also they say: "CrossBreed® Holsters is pleased to introduce the all new IWB Appendix Carry Holster. The Appendix Carry is designed for popular small to medium firearms with all of the attributes of the market changing SuperTuck® and MiniTuck®." That further indicates it is tuckable. But why don't you just call them .... 888-732-5011 ... and ask them? They're nice people and will answer your questions and treat you right. I've dealt with them personally and highly recommend both them and their products.

#4 ·
CrossBreed is a very good company. They market a good product and provide excellent customer service. They offer a lifetime warranty and a two week trial period.
Once you receive your holster you have two weeks to try it out, if it doesn't work for you, simply give us a ring and we will buy it back, less shipping and handling. Even after your two-week-try-it-free period is over, the holster still carries a lifetime warranty and we will repair or replace it as long as you own it if it fails you in any way under normal use.

I agree with Trucker a phone call and brief conversation with CrossBreed may resolve you concern and provide you with a rig that will meet your need.

Let us know what you decide.

#8 ·
Even more advantageous is cross draw carry. See the cross draw post on my blog for a reprint of a good article on this. Any IWB holster that can be made or adjusted to a straight drop configuration will work fine for cross draw. You should also look at Foxx, N82 and Remora for holsters. Crossbreed are good, but pricey.

Had an incident here where a young man had bought a new Glock .40 and was evidently carrying without a holster, or trying to re-holster with an IWB rig not made for it, and shot himself in the leg. He is now recovering.

Be safe.

#11 ·
When did Foxx buy out Cross Breed Last I knew Cross Breed was one holster company:

CrossBreed® Holsters, LLC
224 N Main
Republic MO 65738
888-732-5011

Foxx was a different holster company.

Contact us at 586-806-2909 or visit our shop located at:
5594 E. 10 Mile Rd.
Warren MI 48091

#16 ·
If you look at the pic above, I have the "J" clips. They slide over the pants, then the belt is put on after. Much more concealed, and the act of drawing brings the "hook" tight against the belt rather than attempting to pull the clip off the belt. If you can make the pic big enough to see you can see what I mean better than I can explain it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.