Kahr CW9 vs. LC9

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; That darn CM9 might follow me home soon @ $389.99 Thanks for helping my decision out with the comparison pics....

Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #21 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    That darn CM9 might follow me home soon @ $389.99

Thanks for helping my decision out with the comparison pics.

2. #22 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by cnj View Post
    I own both a CW9 and an LC9. I know this is a Ruger site, but, stock to stock I believe the Kahr is the better gun overall. Some of my reasons are based on my personal preferences, some are not. Fact: The stock trigger is far better on the Kahr.......shorter, smoother travel and more consistant action. Fact: The build quality on the Kahr is better. Everything is tighter and fits together with less "slop". Fact: the Kahr is simpler to break down and clean (no goofy plastic pins to press out, no safety assemblies to fall apart when dis-assembling, etc). Personally, I prefer guns with less "safety equipment", so I like the fact that the Kahr has no safety, or LCI, or magazine disconnect.
    However, in Ruger's defense, the LC9 will conceal far better, as it has more rounded edges, where the Kahr is "blocky". The LC9 mags are easier to load than the CW9's are. The Ruger also looks way "cooler" (more tactical). Both guns are very accurate at 10 or so yards, with neither having a clear advantage. I will also say that the Galloway trigger bar and hammer mods (for the LC9) are well worth the money, as they decrease the trigger travel and pull effort by a good margin.
    I have to agree here. I own a PM9, CW9, LCP, LC9, and many other Rugers. The CW9 and PM9 have the best trigger. LCP and LC9 trigger are long. Galloway fixed the LC9 else I would have sold mine.

3. #23 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    The less expensive CM9 is a good alternative to the PM9, but not allowed in Commiefornia.

4. #24 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    That darn CM9 might follow me home soon @ $389.99

Thanks for helping my decision out with the comparison pics.
    It was $429.99 last week and stayed in the display case.

5. #25 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    Newbie opinion based on shooting 15 rounds from a Kahr CW9 on Saturday while breaking in a new LC9 so be wary:

- CW9 grip felt thicker & less rounded than LC9
    - LC9's extended grip on magazine more ergonomic
    - not as sleek looking as the LC9
    - recoil about the same
    - CW9 trigger felt much smoother & therefore shorter than a new LC9 BUT the Kahr had been broken in and was the EDC for a friend
    - the owner had larger hands & preferred the feel of his CW9

Overall, I thought it nice to shoot

6. #26 Re: Kahr CW9 vs. LC9 
    I bought a PM9 last year and had a problem with light primer strikes on some brands of ammo. Sent it back. They fixed it and had it back to me asap. Flawless after that. Great customer service. Late November I saw something else that I just had to have (a Stoeger Cougar in 40 S&W which I love by the way) and traded the PM9. I started regretting giving up the PM9 almost immediately. Last month I found a new CW40 priced at $375. It quickly became mine. Won't let this one go.

I absolutely love the trigger as I am also a longtime revolver shooter. The trigger is like a very smooth revolver trigger. No external safety, no trigger safety and no magazine disconnect safety works for me. It's like a semi auto revolver. Love it. The reason for a break in period is the tightness of the build. Precision!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads