Ruger Pistol Forums banner

Which crossbreed holster would you suggest

9K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Roy Odhner 
#1 ·
I just bought a Ruger LC9 (it should be here on or around friday) when I was doing my research to find out what gun I wanted for CC I came across the versacarry Versacarry and I ordered one of them right away seeing as all the reviews I found on them were very favorable. I was also thinking about getting a crossbreed because they also have really good reviews. I'll see how I like the versacarry (it was only 25 bucks and all the video reviews and text reviews I found liked it) but if it's not exactly what I'm looking for I think ill give the crossbreed a try next. My question is (for those who own one or just know) which would you suggest for IWB the MiniTuck or the MicroClip (or others) and why? Thanks for the help!

#2 · (Edited)
I ordered the mini tuck for my LC9 and love it. My friend has the super tuck for his and loves it as well. The only real difference is the amount of leather used, Ive tried both and found both to be very comfortable.The Mini Tuck and SuperTuck spread the weight of the gun evenly around your belt (you need a GOOD gun belt no matter what holster to decide to get) whereas the Micro tuck tends to be more for a smaller frame gun, I have one for my .380 and its just not as comfortable as the minituck in my opinion. The versacarry seems a bit risky to me as the trigger is not very well protected. But Ive read good reviews on it. You may also want to try the DeSantis Soft Tuck. I have one of these also. Great holster for $27 and has an adjustable cant. See photo. Hope this helps. I hope you don't end up with a bottom drawer of unwanted and uncomfortable holsters we all seem to collect in our quest for the most comfortable one, but dont worry we all do it Hahaha. :encouragement:

http://www.desantisholster.com/stor...HOLSTERS/sof-tucktm/copy3_of_keltec/ruger-lc9

Handgun holster Gun accessory

#3 ·
I ordered a Versacarry a while back and gave it away. I always carry one in the pipe with my LCP and you can't do that with a Versacarry safely. Even with the trigger guard I just didn't feel safe enough. Anything in the barrel with one chambered is un-nerving to me JMHO.The guy I gave it to is a very good friend (Thats why i didn't sell it)and he never carries with one in the pipe and he just loves it and its it main holster.

#9 ·
I've been carrying my LC9 for a long time in a Crossbreed Supertuck. I would advise against the minituck due to the combat cut built in. It's very nice to have the extra material for the body shield. I was playing basketball with my father inlaw this evening with my LC9 secured neatly in my Supertuck, and it was not uncomfortable at all. In fact, it was hard to remember it was even there. I would suggest the Supertuck for any and all reasons. I have a review on this holster (albeit for the SR9c) which addresses many issues that people are concerned about. James - My Mind Won't Stop: Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe: Update

#13 ·
Interesting read for me as well, and I appreciate all of the responses. I'm currently using an LC9 Lasermax IWB RH holster from The Holster Store and like it very well, but I typically don't wear an undershirt (Florida weather) and I'd like to keep the LC9 away from my skin so I've been looking at picking up a Crossbreed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.