How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded?

This is a discussion on How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; i'm thinking of getting either the LCR or the LC9 for pocket carry in cargo shorts/pants but i'm not sure if the LC9 loaded with ...

Thread: How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded?

1. #1 How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? 
    i'm thinking of getting either the LCR or the LC9 for pocket carry in cargo shorts/pants but i'm not sure if the LC9 loaded with 8 rounds would be too heavy for pocket carry. can anyone tell me how many ounce is the LCR fully loaded with 38 spl ammo and the LC9 fully loaded ?

2. #2 Re: how heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? 
    ...TTP, are you referring to the LCR in .38 (13.5oz empty) or .357 (17.1oz empty)...both weights with magazine...big difference? Also, much depends on your physical stature. A 6' - 200lb person may be comfortable with either the LC9 or LCR for pocket carry in loose pants, whereas a 5'9" person at 160# (me) would not. I don't own either, but my little Taurus UltraLite at 19oz loaded is not good for pocket carry.....too wide and heavy. The .38 LCR is about 13.5 oz and add 2.6oz for the 5 rounds. The LC9 is at 17.1oz and add about 3oz for the 8 rounds. Five rounds of .38spl weights almost as much as 8 rounds of its little brother 9mm. They are essentially identical when weighing .357 (five) vs 9mm (eight). I don't pocket carry my Kahr PM9 due to weight...size is OK. IWB/OWB for the LC9 or LCR will work nicely for the average sized male, but most will struggle with pocket carry. This is just my opinion and other members may have a different take on the issue.

Tarheel

3. #3 Re: How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? 
    The LC9 is pretty large and heavy for pocket carry. I do use a pocket holster at times for my LC9 when I have large cargo pockets on my pants but it is much better suited for OWB or IWB carry.
    NRA Patron member
    GOA Life member

Never look down on anybody, unless your helping them up.

4. #4 Re: How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? 
    thanks tarheel, those digits are something to think about.

5. #5 Re: How heavy is the LCR vs. LC9 when fully loaded? 
    Quote Originally Posted by TTPOwer
    thanks tarheel, those digits are something to think about.
    ...TTP, I sent you a personal message (PM) that you will find of interest....please read and respond.

Thx.

Tarheel

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads