Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9

This is a discussion on Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 within the LC9 Discussion forums, part of the LC9 category; - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...

Thread: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was on the waiting list for a Galloway Trigger Kit for the Ruger LC9. I got an email this morning that they are now available to order! The price was $60, and I got $5 off for registering in advance. Its supposed to ship on the 19th. I will update with a review once I have it installed and range tested.

2. #2 Re: Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    I'm interested in the results

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

3. #3 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    Me too. Had my eye on the Galloway site for a while now.

4. #4 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    The Ruger Pistol Forums (formerly Elsie Pea Forum) management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.

My Galloway hammer/trigger upgrade kit arrive today and I installed it this afternoon. What a difference in length of trigger pull. I had the installation video running and just followed the instructions. The installation was a breeze except for one mistake on my part. When they say to be sure to not remove the pin punch when removing the hammer pin, believe them. There is a detent spring that holds the hammer pin and it is tough to get in if you let the pin punch fall out. Don't even ask how I know. All in all it went smoothly and will make a great improvement in the trigger, especially for those of us used to the shorter stroke of striker fired or 1911 guns.

Craig

(Moderator added required disclaimer regarding modifications - please see forum rules in "First Read" forum - and modified language used)

5. #5 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    Very interesting. The LC9 is such a terrific pistol. I have over 2000 rds thru mine and have NEVER had any kind of failure. The trigger has worn in to be very smooth and easy. However, I am very interested in the new trigger. I hope someone comes out with a your tube for assembly. A better trigger would be a great improvement especially since the Lc9 has the the safety easy to use safety.

Had to edit, I see there are many vids on this subject. I think I'm getting one.
    Regards
    Dave@vabh

6. #6 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    Second thought, I think NOT.
    Went and pulled out my LC9 and started working the trigger. As I mentioned, it has become worn in very well and while it is long, that is a safety factor for a carry gun. I just read a article in one of the gun mags about using the joint of the index finger rather than the pad for long trigger actions like the LC9. Going to the range this weekend to try it out. While I have become proficient with the pistol, I sometimes get too much roll on some shots resulting in low and left on the target.

regards
    Dave@vabch

7. #7 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    I'm very interested. I think the trigger is to long.

8. #8 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    Man ... I got such a talking to when I asked about this mod.

9. #9 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 

I really love the Galloway kit. It has been 100% reliable and has taken my shooting to another level in this application. I've put 100's of rounds through my LC9 with out a single issue.

10. #10 Re: Galloway Trigger Kit for LC9 
    The Galloway price seems right at $60 + gunsmith.

Went S&W M&P Shield shopping yesterday with my wife and her friend. Her friend ordered one at $449.
    Here's the thought of the day...
    The LC9 is so much sleeker and aesthetically pleasing... If the trigger remains an issue, I'm leaning toward the upgrade as opposed to adding a redundant gun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads