RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow

This is a discussion on RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow within the LC9 Accessories forums, part of the LC9 category; - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ...

Thread: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow

1. #1 RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    The Elsie Pea Forum does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I just got my RTK Tactical trigger installed yesterday, and I must say I'm very impressed. This is a very high-quality piece of CNC'd aluminum with a nice finish.

The price is a bit daunting on a $350 pistol, but I believe it will prove worth it.

I'm now convinced that an adjustable overtravel stop or other mods that reduce overtravel are the biggest ways to improve your ability to control the sight picture when you break the shot. The trigger is still heavy and a bit long for my tastes, but I now have effortless control over maintaining that perfect sight picture. I have had this same experience with my AUG - killing the overtravel is what truly tamed the trigger and made consistent precise shots possible.

I struggled with the LC9's trigger in stock form. I've gotten used to some stiff double actions, so if I focus, I can still pull off great groups. And I know from letting others shoot my pistol that it's no easy task.

After installing the Galloway trigger parts, it seemed like it was actually worse, despite being shorter. There was more perceived overtravel, and this made it feel even more difficult for me to control the sight picture, even if the shorter trigger was much easier.

I am going to have an opportunity to shoot it this Saturday, and I will try to remember to follow up with some pics and a range review.

(Mod added required disclaimer)

2. #2 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    Do you have a link for this trigger?
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

3. #3 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    Hover over the the start of my first post where I wrote "RTK Tactical trigger" - the formatting on this theme makes links impossible to see. I thought it was just me.

4. #4 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    Here is a picture from their website:

http://i.imgur.com/NuT1q.jpg

(image turned into link by Mod per EPF rules)

5. #5 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    Very interesting. Please do follow up with a review.

6. #6 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 

The Elsie Pea Forum does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.

Short and simple - I was very impressed with the trigger on the whole. The gun was very shootable. I shot at the stump of a 4" or so tree at about ten yards, and I was able to hit the top of it quite consistently. I was shooting on the same line as a group doing a NFA shoot with various full auto guns, and they had some rolling self-healing targets set off a ways. I was more then impressed with how easily I was able to group around them even given the distance of 50 yards or so.

I let three other guys give it a go, one of which had fired an unmodified LC9 and another who owned a LCP. Both were very impressed.

On the steel range, I was able to hit what I was aiming at. Also shot a brand-new unmodified LCP the same day, and the difference was huge.

More details and pics to follow.

7. #7 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    fyi, the trigger only works if you do the galloway trigger mod according to website

8. #8 Re: RTK Trigger - initial impressions, range report to follow 
    I don't think I'm going to be posting much more here. The group of people seems nice, but the requirement to add a disclaimer to every post I make seems a bit onerous. I've never been on a forum where disclaimers were required at all, let alone required on every single post in a thread that's obviously about modifying a firearm.

If the mods/owners/admins need feel the need to CYA this type of thing to such a degree, why not make a forum specifically for modifications where the disclaimer is on every page? Putting the burden on the posters is just going to discourage people from posting at all, much like it has discouraged me.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads