LC9 wallet holster ?

This is a discussion on LC9 wallet holster ? within the LC9 Accessories forums, part of the LC9 category; Anyone carrying their LC9 in a wallet holster ? What holster makers are making the wallet style for the LC9? I really like the Uncle ...

Thread: LC9 wallet holster ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Anyone carrying their LC9 in a wallet holster ? What holster makers are making the wallet style for the LC9?
    I really like the Uncle George for my LCP, but he does not make one for the LC9.

2. #2 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    I think (I don't know) that a pocket holster for an LC9 may be hard to get out of your pocket. The main reason I went for the LCP was for a true pocket gun. The LC9 is just enough bigger that the size combined with the better sights made if difficult to get out of my pocket, even with fatigue style pockets. For me the LC9 and SR9C work better with a comfortable holster. Of course if you are like me you will buy at least 4 of them while deciding. Let me know if you find a pocket set up that works.
    Women fear me. Fish dig me. Wait....did I say that right?

3. #3 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogdaddy
    I think (I don't know) that a pocket holster for an LC9 may be hard to get out of your pocket. The main reason I went for the LCP was for a true pocket gun. The LC9 is just enough bigger that the size combined with the better sights made if difficult to get out of my pocket, even with fatigue style pockets. For me the LC9 and SR9C work better with a comfortable holster. Of course if you are like me you will buy at least 4 of them while deciding. Let me know if you find a pocket set up that works.

You may be right. I have a couple pair of pants with large back pockets and would like to carry the LC9 in the back pocket if possible.

4. #4 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    I carry my LC9 in my front pocket of my cargo pants with a leather holster from pocketholsters.com.
    They also work in the back pocket, but I don't like sitting on my gun.
    I bought one of their holsters, but decided to use the Laserguard, so had to get another holster.
    The one without laser is new, I just posted it for sale, if you want a good deal.
    Roger

5. #5 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    I make both a front and back pocket holster for the LC9. Here is a picture of the back pocket model. Removable panel so it can be used front or back pocket with or without the panel. Back pocket $55, front pocket $40, $5 for S&H. Black, light brown, mahogany available. I carried the LC9 front pocket over the summer in cargo pants and it worked fine. The LC9 does need a larger pocket, does not work in my cheap jeans. It can work in cargo pants or anything with a larger pocket.
    Doug
    www.bearcreekholsters.com

6. #6 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Doug,

What are the dimensions of your wallet/back pocket holster for the LC9 ?

Thanks.

7. #7 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2006
    Doug,

What are the dimensions of your wallet/back pocket holster for the LC9 ?

Thanks.
    6.25 X 4.75 are the dimensions of the panel. I cut the panel just slightly bigger than the dimensions of the gun. The LC9 is 6 X 4.5 in size. If trying to see if it fits a particular pocket, I suggest cutting a piece of cardboard those dimensions. Stick the cardboard in the back pocket to see if it fits. You want the cardboard to sit at least 3/4 to 1 inch below the top of the pocket to account for the thickness of the gun and holster. Front pockets are usually much deeper than the back pocket especially on cargo pants/shorts. Feel free to call me or send me some contact info from my web site and I'll call you if you prefer.
    Thanks,
    Doug

8. #8 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 

9. #9 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Well, I did the carboard check as Doug suggested, and back pocket carry does not seem like it will be an option for me with the LC9. The width was ok but the height would bring it up to the top of the pocket and I have no pants with larger pockets at this time.

10. #10 Re: LC9 wallet holster ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC2006
    Well, I did the carboard check as Doug suggested, and back pocket carry does not seem like it will be an option for me with the LC9. The width was ok but the height would bring it up to the top of the pocket and I have no pants with larger pockets at this time.
    Glad that helped. That seems to be a common concern for many back pocket carries. When you are working with a gun that long (6 inches) back pocket needs a really deep pocket. Front pocket in cargo pants works fine for me. I carry my LC9 IWB with a good forward cant and sweat guard. Something like this one, but this one is for a LC9 w/CT and has a shark accent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads