LC9 Night Sights

This is a discussion on LC9 Night Sights within the LC9 Accessories forums, part of the LC9 category; Does anyone offer night sights for the LC9 .. I have looked around online without any luck. Thanks...

Thread: LC9 Night Sights

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 LC9 Night Sights 
    Does anyone offer night sights for the LC9 .. I have looked around online without any luck.

Thanks

2. #2 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    I'm sure XS Sights will make a Big Dot front sight if they haven't already.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

3. #3 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    I emailed Ruger with the question and here is the reply:

Kevin –

We’ve made the LC9 available to most of the sight maker in the market today. They are developing their own versions of sights. At this point we don’t have a night sight solution I can offer you.

Please keep checking www.shopruger.com for the latest accessories for you new LC9

Have a great day!

John G. Kitchens

Manager Sportswear and Licensing

Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc.

jkitchens@ruger.com

4. #4 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    Good question! I'll keep checking the Ruger site also for an udate on this. The one thing that I really miss on my Berreta 3032 alley cat was that great inox tritium front site for nite vision.
    Why is there air?

5. #5 Re: Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    Some XS sights might be good in this lil thing.

6. #6 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    After much soul-searching, I'm still not sure that night-sights are really all that important. I can only draw upon extremely limited high-stress close combat situations of the past, but I'm guessing drawing a decent sight picture under duress results in an overall blurring of sight, sound, and time.

Recalling that the majority of CCW encounters occur at close ranges and sudden, possible very short, time frames, are night sights really all that valuable? Would laser in fact be better (point and shoot vs. aim and shoot, or do they too fall by the wayside once stress really takes over?).

Can anyone with more experience in the arena chime in, please?

7. #7 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    Night sights would be a waste of money if you plan to install the Crimson Trace laser later when it becomes available.

8. #8 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    I've been thinking this over since it came up, and I agree. Laser would be a much better alternative than Inox etc etc. Thinking it over...
    Why is there air?

9. #9 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    I'd spend my money on night sights instead of the laser. If you must have a laser, then fine, but what happens when that sucker fails at the worst possible moment? It is an electrical device connected via a chemical battery that is activated by a mechanical switch, sitting under the frame of a device that shock loads it everytime it is used. Night sights have no moving parts to fail, no electrical connections to break, and no the only equivilant to a chemical battery is the isotope used to make it glow. My money is on the night sights. You can point shoot at closer personal distances without a laser just fine, and if you can't, you really need to get out and practice. I like the look of sights I can see when the lights go out. Sights will always be there. Lasers may not.
    -James
    My Blog Gear Reviews, Gun Rights Issues, Emergency Preparedness
    Now on Facebook

10. #10 Re: LC9 Night Sights 
    I second what Deadbolt says..But I only want the XS big dot front sight. No need for the rear sight to be lit as long as I can see where the front is pointing. My LCR is set up that way and I love it. Can see it in the dark and low light conditions for a quick point and shoot. I like the idea of a laser, but as stated, it can and will probably quit when it is most needed and if used at night, it is like a sign pointing at me saying "here I am!!" Shoot here!!
    JMHO of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads