Greasing the LCP

Greasing the LCP

This is a discussion on Greasing the LCP within the Gunsmithing forums, part of the General Category category; Anyone here been using grease on the slides and hood? With summer approaching and using this / similar sub-compacts in my front pocket, I'm concerned ...

Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Greasing the LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Greasing the LCP 
    Anyone here been using grease on the slides and hood? With summer approaching and using this / similar sub-compacts in my front pocket, I'm concerned that even my top-rated gun oils at home may seep and enter-in my pockets / purses. BTW..... I am not the oiler that only uses a drop here and a drop there. I am more like Hickok45........ my handguns are a wee-bit wet when reassembling them.

So I've tossed around the idea of less oil and more grease as the weather starts showing signs of warming up, yet realize the actions on these micro conceal carries are not like that of 1911s, which the Grease Crowd seems to use a-lot on. Also my wife and two grown girls are all getting their CPL/CCW carry licenses in another month and they will be carrying their mini pistols in their purses.

Guess who's been asked to clean, maintain and oil all these guns?....... dear ol' dad / husband...... me. I don't want them complaining about oil in their purses. So the idea of going full-throttle into grease exists right now. But can these tiny guns (738 / LCP / P32 / Pico....etc) with weaker actions handle the thicker grease without issues?

2. #2 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    I always use just a very small amount of oil.
    saltair likes this.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

3. #3 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post
    Anyone here been using grease on the slides and hood? With summer approaching and using this / similar sub-compacts in my front pocket, I'm concerned that even my top-rated gun oils at home may seep and enter-in my pockets / purses. BTW..... I am not the oiler that only uses a drop here and a drop there. I am more like Hickok45........ my handguns are a wee-bit wet when reassembling them.

So I've tossed around the idea of less oil and more grease as the weather starts showing signs of warming up, yet realize the actions on these micro conceal carries are not like that of 1911s, which the Grease Crowd seems to use a-lot on. Also my wife and two grown girls are all getting their CPL/CCW carry licenses in another month and they will be carrying their mini pistols in their purses.

Guess who's been asked to clean, maintain and oil all these guns?....... dear ol' dad / husband...... me. I don't want them complaining about oil in their purses. So the idea of going full-throttle into grease exists right now. But can these tiny guns (738 / LCP / P32 / Pico....etc) with weaker actions handle the thicker grease without issues?
    Here is source for needle tipped dropper bottles that can be used for applying a very small drop of oil: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzer007 View Post
    I always use just a very small amount of oil.
    Same here. Light coating of Remoil - nothing more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. #5 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    Quote Originally Posted by joemsj51 View Post

Watch Hickok's video on Glock cleaning . He doesn't use much oil at all . Attracts dirt . Less is more . He runs ARs wet though.
    saltair likes this.

7. #6 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    I use just a little oil.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

8. #7 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    I have oil and supplied needlers already. Have two different ones filled up.... (Lucas and Slip 2000)
    I'm not a small drop of oil-guy. Not one big drop type of guy either.
    There's no real thin layer in my handguns also.

That is why I brought-up the greasing thread, to limit my oil application to very little.
    Turns-out grease is fine in the smallest of small.... Kel-Tec P32. I was worried that grease might slow the action. But evidently not, according the Administrator over at the TheKtog.org messageboard!

Even the little P32 can handle the grease. Good to know, with summer coming. I have a LCP II, LCP regular and Glock 42, along with the P32. All little puppies that I will introduce Superlube grease to. Will even let the 9mm PT11 G2 and the S&W 622 have some also.

9. #8 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    I also suggest that you avoid using grease. Try the Slip 2000's EWL (as in Extreme Weapons Lubricant) version. That's a thicker oil that you can put where it belongs and it won't creep on you unless you over-do it.
    Skip Douglas

10. #9 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    Usually I wipe down the gun after clean and oil. I wipe it 'til I wonder if I took off too much(just a VERY light film left). I use a very small amount of Shooters Choice gun grease where I see witness marks on the slide or rails. Very small meaning "just a dot". I've never had a problem with any seepage. IMHO if oil seeps it's over lubed.
    That's just me.

11. #10 Re: Greasing the LCP 
    Just use one drop of Breakthrough oil on each side of the slide only. NOW, if you insist to use grease use Breakthrough Battle Born grease very lightly with a tooth pick and move the slide several times to work in the grease. You would be way better off just using a drop of oil.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads