Actual weight of loaded LCP ???

This is a discussion on Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Has anyone actually weighed a LCP with 7-rounds and Crimson Trace Just trying to compare it with other *pocket* guns as size make a difference ...

Thread: Actual weight of loaded LCP ???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    Has anyone actually weighed a LCP with 7-rounds and Crimson Trace Just trying to compare it with other *pocket* guns as size make a difference but weight also plays a big factor. Thanks for any info. God Bless

2. #2 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    Well.... I sorta got the info you want. Just weighed the LCP with 6 Hornady CD rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Best I could do for a laser was to take the laser off my Walther P22 and throw it on the scale with the rest. Gun, loaded with all 7 rounds is 12 oz. The Walther laser adds 1.5 oz to the total, or 13.5 oz. I can only guess that the CT laser is very similiar in weight, their website gives a ton of info. , just not the weight of their laser. Welcome and keep posting! Jestmaty
    Remember, no matter where you go.... there you are.
    From the epic motion picture, Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

3. #3 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by jestmaty
    Well.... I sorta got the info you want. Just weighed the LCP with 6 Hornady CD rounds in the magazine and 1 in the chamber. Best I could do for a laser was to take the laser off my Walther P22 and throw it on the scale with the rest. Gun, loaded with all 7 rounds is 12 oz. The Walther laser adds 1.5 oz to the total, or 13.5 oz. I can only guess that the CT laser is very similiar in weight, their website gives a ton of info. , just not the weight of their laser. Welcome and keep posting! Jestmaty

That is what I was looking for !!! Thanks for the info. Wow approx. 6oz difference between the PM9 and the LCP. It may not seem like much but in a pocket that makes a difference. Thanks again and God Bless !!!

4. #4 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    Yep -its amazing how much of a difference it makes.

I have a few friends who carry Glock 26/27s in their pocket - i cant imagine all that weight in my pocket!

5. #5 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    ...I just weighed my LCP/CT combo with 7+1 (Lawman 95gr FMJ) and it shows 12.3 oz. That's using a reasonable decent -5# electronic postal scale.

Tarheel

6. #6 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    Ya got a mag that we don't know about? 7 in the well, 1 in the chamber?

Hey guys, Tarheel has an elsie that shoots 8 rounds!

Math degree? Huh?

Just giving you some friendly Saturday ribbing, I'll take your weight as more accurate than mine though.
    Remember, no matter where you go.... there you are.
    From the epic motion picture, Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

7. #7 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    ...seems like I am besieged these days with typos and failures to proof before hitting the magic button...

...I deserved that ribbing...

Tarheel

8. #8 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    How does it compare with the S&W j-frames??
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!

9. #9 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    ....Super, you can go with a Smith 340PD AirLite at a 2oz increase in weight. Down side...dimensionally larger weapon, 5 rounds, DA revolver, cost four times as much as the LCP....on the plus side, .357/.38Spl.

Tarheel

10. #10 Re: Actual weight of loaded LCP ??? 
    These small/pocket size critters reach toward the physical limits of current materials and engineering. Really it is a marvel to have a reliable 6 + 1 9mm short in a pocket that weighs 3/4 of a pound fully loaded. And at a reasonable/affordable price point with excellent customer service too.

Personally I find Elsie and the PM9 to be amazing pocket and pocket-able artillery pieces, respectively. The differences in weight and size is the price you pay for a more powerful round, same as with the lightweight J frames. Price is a cost too, both ways, initial higher cost for the 9mm but cheaper ammo thereafter.

I wonder if in terms of weight there would be much difference if someone came up with a machined aluminum grip frame for Elsie. It's got no serial number so could be produced as a plain add on.... I'd pay $150 for one if it was decent.

unclenunzie

-------------------------------------------------
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    this space for rent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads