LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons

LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons

This is a discussion on LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I did a test today to determine the difference among these handguns in terms of practical accuracy. The "test" was shooting at 10" paper plates. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bowzette

Thread: LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons

1. #1 LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons 
    I did a test today to determine the difference among these handguns in terms of practical accuracy. The "test" was shooting at 10" paper plates. Ten rounds with each gun at 3 yards and at 7 yards. I was at a commercial range so I couldn't draw from a holster or concealment. I started from a ready position with finger off the trigger, pushed the gun forward placing the finger on the trigger as I did so and firing as the gun punched out and the front sight was on the plate. I was not target shooting or shooting for groups. The LCP feels like a DA trigger and of course the LCR is DA. So both these triggers I began the pull as soon as the finger was on the trigger. My Glock 43 has a much lighter and shorter trigger so I didn't begin pressing the trigger until the front sight was on the target. I had assumed the 43 would easily out perform the LCR, and LCP. Not so. The LCP had all 20 rounds on the plate but 2 shots were close to missing the plate. The LCR had 19 rounds with one about 1/2" off the plate. The groups on both Rugers were pretty good and about the same. The 43 grouped tighter than the Rugers with all 20 rounds on the plate. But in practical terms a BG would have been in a world of hurt regardless of which of the three guns I used. Of course I'm not discussing caliber wars or capacity. The LCR is 5 shots with the LCP and 43 having 8 rounds. However at the end of the test I shot a cylinder of Speer Gold Dot .357 135gr short barrel which produces around 300 foot pounds of energy. Also there is the issue of getting a quick combat grip that produces a reasonable sight picture and the LCP takes a lot more practice for me than the LCR or 43 to do so. But bottom line the LCP performed just as well as the Glock 43 and LCR. I have confidence in all three to perform if needed. I will repeat these test again and extend the range to 10 yards. I suspect the 43 will perform noticeably better than the LCR or LCP at that range with me behind the wheel-YMMV. And once again I am amazed at the performance of the LCP.
    Wayfinder likes this.

2. #2 Re: LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons 
    Thanks for sharing! Sounds like fun shooting!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #3 Re: LCP Custom, LCR .357 and Glock 43 Comparisons 
    ETS
    Interesting and sounds like you had fun.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads