LCP Custom available - Page 7

LCP Custom available

This is a discussion on LCP Custom available within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I'm afraid this has become another evergreen topic - just like minimum caliber suitable for self defense. It's one of the topics you're required to ...

Like Tree59Likes

Thread: LCP Custom available

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: LCP Custom available 
    I'm afraid this has become another evergreen topic - just like minimum caliber suitable for self defense. It's one of the topics you're required to endure if you want to participate in these boards. Such as it is...
    mukwah and mr.mike1407 like this.

2. #62 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    I'm afraid this has become another evergreen topic - just like minimum caliber suitable for self defense. It's one of the topics you're required to endure if you want to participate in these boards . . .
    . . . or not, Joe. Nobody is forcing anyone to participate in discussions they don't want to participate in or respond to people they don't want to respond to. What we talk about and who we to talk to is up to each of us to decide for ourselves. That's called self-control.

When we do decide to participate in a topic, there are certain rules we need to follow . . . chief among which is to address the topic and not each other. If we do decide to address each other, then we're supposed to do so courteously at all times. In most forums I've participated in, that's what the "play nice" rule means.
    Last edited by bld522; 05-08-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #63 Re: LCP Custom available 
    I guess you're right. If someone wants to participate they should, if not, then don't. As long as it's a peaceful discussion.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    pennsy likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #64 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by mukwah View Post
    I guess you're right. If someone wants to participate they should, if not, then don't. As long as it's a peaceful discussion.
    Yep. It's the role of the moderators to make sure that discussions remain peaceful. If moderators are deleting my posts and/or sending me PMs concerning my behavior, it's time for me to re-evaluate how well I'm conforming to the "play nice" rule. I also have to bear in mind that whether I think I'm playing nice doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is whether THEY think I'm playing nice. This isn't a democracy. No one has any "rights" here. And their judgement is final.

If there's one thing I've learned in the time I've been visiting forums . . . and I've visited quite a few . . . it's that dancing with a moderator is NEVER a good idea. In a gun forum, they're the only ones who are allowed to carry guns. ;-)
    Last edited by bld522; 05-08-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #65 Re: LCP Custom available 
    From what I have seen , it has been kept civil for the most part . You feel passionate about the subject so have at it . Mike has a equally passionate opinion . Go for it . We have the choice to tune in or not .
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

7. #66 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    . . . or not, Joe. Nobody is forcing anyone to participate in discussions they don't want to participate in or respond to people they don't want to respond to. What we talk about and who we to talk to is up to each of us to decide for ourselves. That's called self-control.

When we do decide to participate in a topic, there are certain rules we need to follow . . . chief among which is to address the topic and not each other. If we do decide to address each other, then we're supposed to do so courteously at all times. In most forums I've participated in, that's what the "play nice" rule means.
    Roger that. The trouble with exercising self control on this forum is that no matter what the topic is (see this thread "LCP Custom available"), so many posts in, we ultimately come back to the subject of the relative safety of the LCP II. If you don't see the pattern, go back and open a bunch of subjects. So many find their way back to this pet subject. We all get it. There's disagreement on this. For what it's worth, I decided on a Custom rather than a II partially for some of the reasons argued here. I've been avoiding the threads on the relative safety of the II and am interested in threads on the Custom. However, it's not my lack of self control that keeps bringing me back to a topic that is a clear stalemate. It reminds me of the "if it doesn't begin with a 4..." topic.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

8. #67 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Conversations are just that, Joe . . . conversations. They often take directions unintended by the person who began them. That's not only OK, it's impossible to control. What is possible to control is how we treat each other when conversations run askew . . . particularly if they head into troubled waters. If we can't navigate our own ship through them, the captain can and will step in to save it even if it means that some of us may end up getting thrown overboard in the process. This much is certain. If the captain does have to take charge of the ship, the smart move is to do exactly as he says.
    Last edited by bld522; 05-08-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

9. #68 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    Roger that. The trouble with exercising self control on this forum is that no matter what the topic is (see this thread "LCP Custom available"), so many posts in, we ultimately come back to the subject of the relative safety of the LCP II. If you don't see the pattern, go back and open a bunch of subjects. So many find their way back to this pet subject. We all get it. There's disagreement on this. For what it's worth, I decided on a Custom rather than a II partially for some of the reasons argued here. I've been avoiding the threads on the relative safety of the II and am interested in threads on the Custom. However, it's not my lack of self control that keeps bringing me back to a topic that is a clear stalemate. It reminds me of the "if it doesn't begin with a 4..." topic.
    That is definitely something I did not even think of . Good point.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

10. #69 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Folks, it appears this thread has exceeded it life cycle. Therefore, it is CLOSED!!!! Please move on.
    ETS, bld522, seery and 3 others like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads