LCP Custom available - Page 3

LCP Custom available

This is a discussion on LCP Custom available within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Rampo The Custom I purchased a few months ago is the 3755. This is the Davidson's Special with custom slide serrations. Attachment ...

Like Tree59Likes

Thread: LCP Custom available

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampo View Post
    The Custom I purchased a few months ago is the 3755. This is the Davidson's Special with custom slide serrations.

Attachment 8986
    Nice looking little gun . Is the blued slide more durable than the regular LCP ?
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

2. #22 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Companies always cover their butts . The LCP manual says for maximum safety , The pistol should be carried with an empty chamber . (page 15) We all know how this topic goes .
    True. Nevertheless, when a customer service representative for a manufacturer tells me that they wouldn't personally use a product made by that manufacturer, I need to find out why . . . and that's precisely what I did. What surprised me was the customer service representative's candid answers to my questions. It was eminently clear that her unwillingness to carry an LCP II (or any SA pistol that lacked a manual safety, for that matter) wasn't simply an attempt on her part to cover her company's butt. First and foremost, she was concerned about her own safety. When our discussion concluded, it was clear to me that I had had a conversation with a gun owner first and a Ruger representative second.
    Last edited by bld522; 05-06-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

3. #23 Re: LCP Custom available 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Nice looking little gun . Is the blued slide more durable than the regular LCP ?
    This is a regular LCP with special slide serrations and red, skeletonized trigger. Also note that KY Co. does not call it a Custom model in the large type, so be advised this appears to be a slightly gussied-up LCP. Down in the specs. section they do use the word "custom". CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Here is the ad, again, as previously posted:

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View...=Derby%20Deals

Don't forget, bld522 talked to Ruger and they said the changes were only cosmetic.
    Last edited by ETS; 05-05-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    This is a regular LCP with special slide serrations and red, skeletonized trigger. Also note that KY Co. does not call it a Custom model, so be advised this appears to be slightly gussied-up LCP.

Here is the ad, again, as previously posted:

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View...=Derby%20Deals
    It does call it a Custom in the Specs . With blued slide.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

6. #25 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Don't forget, bld522 talked to Ruger and they said the changes were only cosmetic.
    That's correct, Ed. The 3740 and the 3755 are functionally the same pistol. Based on my conversation with Ruger, caveat emptor in distinguishing between them is not required. If I were in the market for a 3740, I'd buy a 3755 without hesitation.
    Last edited by bld522; 05-06-2017 at 08:26 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #26 Re: LCP Custom available 
    I give, I gave, I caved. The last thing I want to do is carry an unsafe pistol. I called Ruger customer service & told them if their own people did not think the LCP II is safe to carry then I was sending mine back & expect a full & complete refund or they can send me 2 LCP customs as replacements.

8. #27 Re: LCP Custom available 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    i give, i gave, i caved. The last thing i want to do is carry an unsafe pistol. I called ruger customer service & told them if their own people did not think the lcp ii is safe to carry then i was sending mine back & expect a full & complete refund or they can send me 2 lcp customs as replacements.
    good luck!
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

9. #28 Re: LCP Custom available 
    good luck!
    Thanks I do need it & I sure hope no one gets fired.

10. #29 Re: LCP Custom available 
    ETS
    Using the fact that one CS agent was actually truthful, in coming back to Ruger with your request is probably not a terribly good idea. Unless, you want future candidness to be curtailed.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

11. #30 Re: LCP Custom available 
    Mike, I'm assuming your pulling some leg here. After all of the back and forth on the II, I can't believe you really "caved".
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads