'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law

'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law

This is a discussion on 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; What do you think of this new gun law being considered in Oklahoma? It's called 'point don't shoot'.... 'Point, Don't Shoot' Law Close To Being ...

Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    What do you think of this new gun law being considered in Oklahoma? It's called 'point don't shoot'....
    'Point, Don't Shoot' Law Close To Being On The Books In OK - News9.com
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

2. #2 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    Sane people with guns who can be expected to use discretion -good. Wantabe cops and road rage criminals-not so much.There was a case locally where a guy saw an open beer in a car parked at convenience store . The car had a kid inside so he took it upon himself to hold the father at gun point while he called the cops .

True self defense cases it should of already be legal ,no ?
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

3. #3 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    I could not bring up the site but if the idea is to intimidate w/a handgun that is a fool's errand.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    So, are they saying that the current law would charge someone pointing a gun at a BG, if he fears for his kife, would be committing a crime if he does not shoot?. Is it a crime to scare off a BG and not shoot him? I'm missing something.
    corneileous and mr.mike1407 like this.

6. #5 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    I'm not sure either, apparently it's against the law to point a gun at someone, I'd figure if it was a self defense situation, that'd be thrown out I'd hope so. It looks like it's a law meant to protect us. But hopefully it doesn't encourage over-trained tacticool wannabe Rambos to take the law into their own hands....
    louchia, mr.mike1407 and pennsy like this.

7. #6 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    w
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejonl View Post
    What do you think of this new gun law being considered in Oklahoma? It's called 'point don't shoot'....
    'Point, Don't Shoot' Law Close To Being On The Books In OK - News9.com

Like the sponsor of the bill says, it's just common sense. I don't even know why you even need another dumb law about it. Did the old law say it is illegal to hold a criminal at gunpoint until the police arrive and you have to shoot him instead? I don't think so. If I shot every criminal I ever pointed a gun at on my old job I don't know where I'd put all the notches.

If the open beer can story is true and that's all there was to it - which I find very hard to believe - the guy with the gun should have been arrested.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

8. #7 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post
    Like the sponsor of the bill says, it's just common sense. I don't even know why you even need another dumb law about it. Did the old law say it is illegal to hold a criminal at gunpoint until the police arrive and you have to shoot him instead? I don't think so. If I shot every criminal I ever pointed a gun at on my old job I don't know where I'd put all the notches.

If the open beer can story is true and that's all there was to it - which I find very hard to believe - the guy with the gun should have been arrested.
    He was arrested ,here is the story : Man Arrested After Pulling Gun On Another Man In Dunkin? Donuts Parking Lot | WNEP.com
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

9. #8 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    I hope to never, ever have to point a gun at someone. If I do, it means that I am like a rattle snake and in about a split second will strike. I had a incident that scared me a few years back in a dark parking lot. My offhand out, and my right hand on my holster was enough to make the guy leave. I believe if the gun had come out, it meant that I was going to have to use it to save my life. I watched his movement closely, if he went for a gun and I saw any part of it come out, I would have to use deadly force to save my life. I like the laws as they are. That bill leaves to many gaps for people drawing on others. Do not ever draw on anyone ever!! Unless you are prepared to go all the way and go at it fast.

10. #9 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I hope to never, ever have to point a gun at someone. If I do, it means that I am like a rattle snake and in about a split second will strike. I had a incident that scared me a few years back in a dark parking lot. My offhand out, and my right hand on my holster was enough to make the guy leave. I believe if the gun had come out, it meant that I was going to have to use it to save my life. I watched his movement closely, if he went for a gun and I saw any part of it come out, I would have to use deadly force to save my life. I like the laws as they are. That bill leaves to many gaps for people drawing on others. Do not ever draw on anyone ever!! Unless you are prepared to go all the way and go at it fast.
    I would hope that it would end at the draw but if not I feel the same way Dave.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

11. #10 re: 'Point - don't shoot' Oklahoma gun law 
    Quote Originally Posted by w View Post

So with or without the law it's ok the present a weapon as long as you don't point it at someone ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads