Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? - Page 6

Carry a spare mag w/Elsie?

This is a discussion on Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I remember the whole magazine - clip thing when we transitioned from revolvers to semi auto pistols. Anyone who used the term "clip" got embarassed ...

Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. #51 Re: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? 
    I remember the whole magazine - clip thing when we transitioned from revolvers to semi auto pistols. Anyone who used the term "clip" got embarassed somehow by the Range Officer. It was all done with humor and I noticed the only ones saying "clip" were those who had not served in the military. I'm still old school and bristle when someone uses the wrong term, but I do realize I'm being silly.
    Splinter
    LEO (Retired)

2. #52 Re: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? 
    Finally a few dry days in the N.E. Got to mow my lawn and also went into the woods to mow the range . While on the tractor , and being inspired by Hickok's tractor drive-bys , I unloaded a mag from my LCP on some steel . Originally was only going to shoot a couple rounds but could not help finishing the mag . Then it dawned on me , I was carrying an empty pistol . Felt kind of stupid . Drove back to the house and reloaded . Good reason to carry a spare mag .

3. #53 Re: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? 
    You just never know when you will need that extra mag!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #54 Re: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? 
    I usually carry a spare mag (i.e., factory 7 rounder) when I carry Elsie, unless I'm just going to my local grocery store or somewhere very close. I do the same when I carry a different gun.

I know my chance of ever needing more than 8 rounds (Magguts 7 rd mag + 1 in the chamber) as a civilian is slim, but you never know. I have used a spare tire in my car only twice ever since I started driving decades ago, but I was glad I had one when I needed it. Besides, a spare mag with 7 rounds can also serve as a balancer to keep the weights even between the right side and left side of my pants.
    ETS and mukwah like this.

6. #55 Re: Carry a spare mag w/Elsie? 
    ETS
    Good point on that balance idea.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads