LCP discussion - Page 2

LCP discussion

This is a discussion on LCP discussion within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; [QUOTE=davevabch;329810][QUOTE=dkma22;329786]Agree. The discussion has been helpful to me and forming my own opinions. However, at some point, enough is enough. Dave[/QUOTE So once again, Moderators ...

Like Tree25Likes

Thread: LCP discussion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11 Re: LCP discussion 
    [QUOTE=davevabch;329810][QUOTE=dkma22;329786]Agree. The discussion has been helpful to me and forming my own opinions. However, at some point, enough is enough.

Dave[/QUOTE

So once again, Moderators of the forum, owners of the forum, lets drop the LCP Threads.

What the name of the forum?

2. #12 Re: LCP discussion 
    This forum was born from the development and release of the LCP pistol with the original name of the forum being the ElsiePea Forum. It has since morphed into what it is today. Seems kinda sad to see talk of closing the LCP thread. Oh well, life goes on and times and people and attitudes change. It is what it is.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    RICHGCOOP likes this.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time." Mark Twain

3. #13 Re: LCP discussion 
    Easy does it, mukwah. I don't think anybody's going to close the LCP thread. And as you suggested, what it's morphed into today is the result of changing times. As change is the only constant in life, it's probably best to roll with the punches than get in their way.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: LCP discussion 
    My original post was meant to poke fun at the incessant bickering that seems to have become commonplace here. Some of the subsequent posts highlight what I'm referring to.

Dave
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    Dave

6. #15 Re: LCP discussion 
    Your original post was spot on, Dave. But just because we all know what the issues are doesn't mean we should stop discussing them. That's the point I was trying to make. The fact is, one of the big reasons forum participation turns over is because old timers get tired of talking about the same issues over and over again but newbies are hearing them for the very first time. It's important to keep discussions fresh even if they're retreads for the sake of those who come after us. So no, enough isn't always enough. Sometimes it requires a little refreshing.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-21-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Splinter and louchia like this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #16 Re: LCP discussion 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Your original post was spot on, Dave. But just because we all know what the issues are doesn't mean we should stop discussing them. That's the point I was trying to make. The fact is, one of the big reasons forum participation turns over is because old timers get tired of talking about the same issues over and over again but newbies are hearing them for the very first time. It's important to keep discussions fresh even if they're retreads for the sake of those who come after us. So no, enough isn't always enough. Sometimes it needs a little refreshing.
    & that is why, when wrong information is given it needs to be called out. It took me forever it seemed get get y'all to stop saying the LCP II had a light trigger.

8. #17 Re: LCP discussion 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Your original post was spot on, Dave. But just because we all know what the issues are doesn't mean we should stop discussing them. That's the point I was trying to make. The fact is, one of the big reasons forum participation turns over is because old timers get tired of talking about the same issues over and over again but newbies are hearing them for the very first time. It's important to keep discussions fresh even if they're retreads for the sake of those who come after us. So no, enough isn't always enough. Sometimes it needs a little refreshing.
    Point well made.

Keep the topic fresh, yes.

Continue rehashing the same arguments in the same thread, no.

Dave
    Dave

9. #18 Re: LCP discussion 
    I'm just throwing an idea out there. How about we all go out and train/practice with our LCP's and compare notes. No relaxed shooting...maybe some induced stress shooting that is timed. To me anything else is just target shooting and the, (any) LCP is a personal defense weapon. Any talk about range shooting an LCP really turns me off, but talk about time to first shot and time to reload and shoot has me sitting on the edge of my chair yelling WAY TO GO! When we train with our carry weapons it is at full throttle. Den
    Joenaper likes this.
    "We do not rise to our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" Archilocus, Greek Soldier, Poet, 650 B.C.

10. #19 Re: LCP discussion 
    Quote Originally Posted by dkma22 View Post
    Point well made.

Keep the topic fresh, yes.

Continue rehashing the same arguments in the same thread, no.

Dave
    Or more importantly, be open to discussing them in threads posted by forum participants newer than ourselves. The point is to try to avoid thinking that just because someone has been here for a long time, that doesn't mean they should stop discussing topics that are important to the community . . . even if they've been discussed before. Your post is an example of a living document. The issues you brought up aren't only being talked about right now. Some of them have been discussed for a long time and some will be discussed for a long time to come. Should you disengage because you were able to glean the answers you were looking for my coming here or do you owe it to the community to help others gather those answers as well. Is enough really enough if it's only enough for you?

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

11. #20 Re: LCP discussion 
    I guess I have some, maybe a lot of blame for stirring up y'alls Elsie Pea Pot. But I just can't stand by when things i know to be true are misrepresented.
    As I have said before I am a big fan of the S&W SD9ve & but because of the constant misrepresenting it gets because of it's trigger you read post all the time of people buying the gun & a trigger kit before they ever shoot it.
    I read a lot stuff here before I bought my LCP II, I didn't really believe Ruger would put a light trigger in it but I did wait until I could get my hands on one & try the trigger be fore I got it, even when I knew I could get a better price on line.
    So having accomplished my mission here I can stop & let y'all get back to normal what ever that was & thanks to the Elsie Pea Originals

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads