LCP & LCP II muzzle flip

LCP & LCP II muzzle flip

This is a discussion on LCP & LCP II muzzle flip within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Are they the same ? I posted one of this guy's videos & then watch this one I guess he is a experienced shooter & ...

Like Tree45Likes

Thread: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Are they the same ?
    I posted one of this guy's videos & then watch this one I guess he is a experienced shooter & watching him shoot the LCP II I could not help but notice the muzzle flip. Now I know why I get trigger bite from my LCP II, I have not shot the LCP enough to know, does it do the same ?
    Also I don't know what I like better the shooten or the picken.
    He said when it comes to nut cutting it going to be up close & personal.

2. #2 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    ETS
    Compared to the brief time I had the LCP, I think the recoil/flip factor is about the same......not surprising, given the similarity in weight, size, etc.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

3. #3 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Having owned both at the same time, [to me] the II actually seemed to have a little more MF than the GEN2.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I've shot both and did not really notice any difference.

6. #5 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    The gun does not shoot at all like the previous LCP Gen 2. Muzzle flip and recoil felt about the same, but hard to tell given the odd trigger. Still a snappy gun but now made for Target shooting as opposed to fast action shooting.

The gun felt like it was made from a different manufacturer, just not the same gun IMO. Target shooters may like it more than the Previous Gen 2.
    Last edited by davevabch; 04-20-2017 at 03:55 AM.

7. #6 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Personally I believe that are not even related. Just two completely different guns. If I did not know better, I would have thought it was a gun from a different Manufacturer I was shooting.
    You may not be far off. Seems to me the original LCP was based on a design from a manufacturer whose name begins with a "K" and the LCP II was based on a design from a manufacturer whose name begin with a "G". About the only thing they appear to have in common is they're both produced by a manufacturer whose name begins with an "R".
    ETS, davevabch, seery and 1 others like this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #7 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Shooting the LCP ll after years of shooting thousands of rounds through the other models, I have to say I hated the new trigger. I have posted about this before. I suppose I could get use to it, if I had to, but not something I would want in any Pistol. I normally shoot the LCP's with really very good accuracy. Not so the case with the new model. I did not like the way the gun felt. Not the grip, I thought there was little change in that, it was the way the pistol handled. It seemed to me to be like it was loose, just not as solid as the Gen 2. Recoil felt about the same. It is hard to describe, I just felt the Gen 2 was a more solid shooter. The trigger of the new model gave me a trigger slap that I had not experienced with the Gen 2. I did not feel like I was in control of the flimsy preload, hence the whole trigger. The second stage preload was not exactly light, nor heavy, just so quick which made it feel light. Some may like the new gun. I really got the impression the pistol was made for SLOW target shooting, but certainly not for fast action. Shooting that trigger in fast action with the flimsy first preload would drive me mad.

Maybe if Ruger had kept the same streamlined design of the GEN 2, kept the same trigger which was a little light, but very smooth, and controllable, and just added or engineered last round lock, it would be a great gun.
    Personally I believe that are not even related. Just two completely different guns. If I did not know better, I would have thought it was a gun from a different Manufacturer I was shooting.
    There are many folks out there that want more of a target pistol. A little bigger grip if they are not use to shooting pocket guns, and have no desire for rapid fire or one handed shooting. In that case, this gun may be a winner for them. And obviously some folks prefer a blocky gun.
    Way to go big guy, are you sure you got all your talking points in ? So in the end the only thing the same to you about the two guns is the recoil.
    I would think you would know that felt recoil & muzzle flip are not altogether the same thing.
    For me shooting now 400 rounds not 25 even with what I think is a little more muzzle flip I get back on target spacing my shots one second or less apart the short reset of the trigger, not like the 2 stage reset on the LCP, is a big help.
    & if you had watched the video you would have heard him say the LCP is still in production.
    Joenaper likes this.

9. #8 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Way to go big guy, are you sure you got all your talking points in ? . So in the end the only thing the same to you about the two guns is the recoil
    I would think you would know that felt recoil & muzzle flip are not altogether the same thing.
    For me shooting now 400 rounds not 25 even with what I think is a little more muzzle flip I get back on target spacing my shots one second or less apart the short reset of the trigger, not like the 2 stage reset on the LCP, is a big help.
    & if you had watched the video you would have heard him say the LCP is still in production.
    I am glad you like your new LCP ll and hope you have a lot of fun "Target shooting". I changed my post to make it a little more easy to understand. And to answer your question, Yes the only thing about the same in the two guns is the muzzle flip and recoil. The change in the grip was of no benefit to warrant a significant difference. By the way, I did watch the video concerning the fact that the LCp Gen 2 would remain in Production, so as to give future shooters " a better price point" And I think that is commendable by Ruger. I had planned on the possibility of getting another Gen 2 before they sold out, but can will now wait a few years as I do not need one now. I think a lot of Gen 2 shooters can call off the search for a new one now. Ruger said they will still be around and in Production which is good news.
    Last edited by davevabch; 04-20-2017 at 04:19 AM.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

10. #9 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I am glad you like your new LCP ll and hope you have a lot of fun "Target shooting". I changed my post to make it a little more easy to understand. And to answer your question, Yes the only thing about the same in the two guns is the muzzle flip and recoil. The change in the grip was of no benefit to warrant a significant difference. By the way, I did watch the video concerning the fact that the LCp Gen 2 would remain in Production, so as to give future shooters " a better price point" And I think that is commendable by Ruger. I had planned on the possibility of getting another Gen 2 before they sold out, but can will now wait a few years as I do not need one now. I think a lot of Gen 2 shooters can call off the search for a new one now. Ruger said they will still be around and in Production which is good news.
    You are always a gentleman, Dave. I've learned a great deal from your posts, and appreciate your involvement here.
    USMC 83-87, US Army 87-88, RHPD 88-10, SCPD 10-

“It is not always the same thing to be a good man and a good citizen.” ― Aristotle

11. #10 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    What he said , even if you are a bit of a insomniac .

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads