LCP & LCP II muzzle flip - Page 2

LCP & LCP II muzzle flip

This is a discussion on LCP & LCP II muzzle flip within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by davevabch I am glad you like your new LCP ll and hope you have a lot of fun "Target shooting". I changed ...

Like Tree45Likes

Thread: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    I am glad you like your new LCP ll and hope you have a lot of fun "Target shooting". I changed my post to make it a little more easy to understand. And to answer your question, Yes the only thing about the same in the two guns is the muzzle flip and recoil. The change in the grip was of no benefit to warrant a significant difference. By the way, I did watch the video concerning the fact that the LCp Gen 2 would remain in Production, so as to give future shooters " a better price point" And I think that is commendable by Ruger. I had planned on the possibility of getting another Gen 2 before they sold out, but can will now wait a few years as I do not need one now. I think a lot of Gen 2 shooters can call off the search for a new one now. Ruger said they will still be around and in Production which is good news.
    I'm getting conflicting information here, Dave. Unless I'm mistaken, Jeff Quinn doesn't work for Ruger. At least one individual who holds themselves out to be an FFL dealer posted that their distributor told them the LCP would be discontinued. And to the best of my knowledge, Ruger has neither confirmed nor denied publically that the LCP would remain in production. Who am I supposed to believe?

I'm not surprised that Jeff found the LCP II to be more shootable than the LCP. I am surprised that he didn't address the safety concerns some folks have about sticking a loaded LCP II in their pocket.

Nothing in Jeff's video has convinced me to change my opinion of it at all. I believe the LCP II is unsafe to carry with a round in the chamber. And I, for one, won't carry a pistol I consider to be unsafe no matter how well it shoots.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-20-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

2. #12 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    I'm getting conflicting information here, Dave. Unless I'm mistaken, Jeff Quinn doesn't work for Ruger. At least one individual who holds himself out to be an FFL dealer posted that their distributor told them the LCP would be discontinued. And to the best of my knowledge, Ruger has neither confirmed nor denied publically that the LCP would remain in production. Who am I supposed to believe?

I'm not surprised that Jeff found the LCP II to be more shootable than the LCP. I am surprised that Jeff didn't address the safety concerns some folks have about sticking an LCP II in their pocket. So nothing in Jeff's video has convinced me to change my opinion of it. And I, for one, won't carry a pistol I consider to be unsafe no matter how well it shoots.
    I asked this question once before . What is the minimum trigger pull weight you consider safe ? I would guess 8 or 9 ?
    Last edited by pennsy; 04-20-2017 at 08:27 AM.

3. #13 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    I asked this question once before . What is the minimum trigger pull weight you consider safe ? I would guess 8 or 9 ?
    I think the trigger cannot be judged by weight alone. Some designs like the LCR are strong but smooth. The Beretta Pico the same. They are consistent all the way through. The design of the preload etc all play a part in a good trigger.
    bld522 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I think the trigger cannot be judged by weight alone. Some designs like the LCR are strong but smooth. The Beretta Pico the same. They are consistent all the way through. The design of the preload etc all play a part in a good trigger.
    Most definitely . And not too long or short either . I was looking for a DA/SA light weight pocket gun but there doesn't seem to be one . The old Walther ppks are close but all steel and heavy . They were designed to feed FMJ . I think the Gen 2 comes close to perfect . Where it breaks is huge also .
    Last edited by pennsy; 04-20-2017 at 09:03 AM.
    davevabch likes this.

6. #15 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I agree with Dave 100%. It isn't only how much weight it takes to make the trigger break. It's just as important if not MORE important to know when that the trigger is being pulled at all! Unlike the LCP, the LCP II's trigger provides little if any discernible feedback until it reaches its breaking point. In a self-defense pistol I intend to carry with a round in the chamber, that's far too late as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by bld522; 04-20-2017 at 09:46 AM.
    davevabch likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

7. #16 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I'm getting conflicting information here, Dave. Unless I'm mistaken, Jeff Quinn doesn't work for Ruger. At least one individual who holds themselves out to be an FFL dealer posted that their distributor told them the LCP would be discontinued. And to the best of my knowledge, Ruger has neither confirmed nor denied publically that the LCP would remain in production. Who am I supposed to believe?

I'm not surprised that Jeff found the LCP II to be more shootable than the LCP. I am surprised that he didn't address the safety concerns some folks have about sticking a loaded LCP II in their pocket.

Nothing in Jeff's video has convinced me to change my opinion of it at all. I believe the LCP II is unsafe to carry with a round in the chamber. And I, for one, won't carry a pistol I consider to be unsafe no matter how well it shoots.
    Lol, I love Jeff, watch all his video's but he has a reputation for liking all guns. Do I really believe that Ruger cares about a low price point on their number one seller? Lol, of course not. The want that price point of the LCP ll, who are we kidding. NO, the LCP gen 2 will NOT be around in the future. I was being factitious.

8. #17 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I was being factitious.
    I'll buy that. But I have to admit you had me going there for a minute or two. :-)

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

9. #18 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 

He did he said " & it's still safe".

10. #19 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    He did he said " & it's still safe".
    Based on what? Using it as a range gun? Sure, I'll buy that. But using it a self-defense weapon? I don't think he covered that. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

11. #20 Re: LCP & LCP II muzzle flip 
    I am glad you like your new LCP ll and hope you have a lot of fun "Target shooting". I changed my post to make it a little more easy to understand. And to answer your question, Yes the only thing about the same in the two guns is the muzzle flip and recoil. The change in the grip was of no benefit to warrant a significant difference. By the way, I did watch the video concerning the fact that the LCp Gen 2 would remain in Production, so as to give future shooters " a better price point" And I think that is commendable by Ruger. I had planned on the possibility of getting another Gen 2 before they sold out, but can will now wait a few years as I do not need one now. I think a lot of Gen 2 shooters can call off the search for a new one now. Ruger said they will still be around and in Production which is good news.
    I saw nothing wrong with the first post, you should have left them both.
    I liked your comment that they made the LCP II for shooters like me & to that I say thanks Ruger.
    I have to kind of quote Hickok45 here & say the LCP was the gun we all wanted to like wasn't it, like it almost too much. I can't say what he was saying by that but to me the LCP for many people that wanted to like it & got one then found out it was such a bugger to shoot that it became the ' night stand gun'.
    I think Ruger is in business to make money, so why would they stop producing a gun that has such high demand.
    Now back to the muzzle flip, if you look at the video again & look between 4:32 & 5:08 you will see what caught my attention. If I find time I would like the see if he has a video of the same view shooting the LCP.
    About the trigger finger bite I think the LCP II could have more space between the bottom of the trigger guard & the bottom of the trigger than the LCP. I will have to see if the wife will let go of hers for a minute this afternoon & see.
    I am surprised you would make fun of calling the LCP II a target gun ? I would hope & try to encourage everyone to shoot targets with their gun no matter what it is. If I or anyone can pick up their gun & hit the figure on a paper target then wouldn't be more likely that they could hit something if they ever needed too ?
    In short all guns should be target guns.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads