Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? - Page 5

Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

This is a discussion on Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; I fully agree. As someone who has had a lot of birthdays, I may look like a tempting target to bad guys who tend to ...

View Poll Results: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • The LCP II's action can be locked by choice; the gun is safe to carry

2 11.11%
  • The LCP II's action can be locked by choice; the gun is NOT safe to carry

0 0%
  • The LCP II's action can NOT be locked by choice; the gun is safe to carry

8 44.44%
  • The LCP II's action can NOT be locked by choice; the gun is NOT safe to carry

4 22.22%
  • I haven't made up my mind

4 22.22%
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    New User
    I fully agree. As someone who has had a lot of birthdays, I may look like a tempting target to bad guys who tend to think older people are walking around with lots of cash on them. If I have to defend myself, I can do so based on years of gun handling including real world experience. I would not hesitate to carry an LCP II with a round in the chamber, but frankly prefer DA pocket pistols with longer, harder trigger pulls. I carried a 1911 for years and depended on the safety, so I am not worried about "forgetting" to release one, but don't need a safety on my LCP or Seecamp.
    davevabch and rpott3 like this.

2. #42 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I don't plan to meet Wild Bill at high noon to see if I can beat him on the draw. But, I am not going to buy into this notion that getting your gun out quick is not important. Yes, I train drawing often and I train Quick point and shoot style training all the time. And I could care less what internet guy say's or not says. Besides, why is it so hard to train? You can do simple drawing in a lousy 5 minutes a day. So you say you are getting older? You mean slower? What part of the animal kingdom makes you different. The Predator always goes after the Young, sick and old. As I get older, yes my reaction times get slower. But it does not mean that I am dead. The world is changing fast. More predators, more gangs, more drugs. The Beast can show his ugly head any time. Probably the time you least expect. If this happens, don't go fumbling for your gun in your pocket like some old lady looking for a penny to give a store clerk. Have a little bit of dignity. Don't Get your head blown off because you bought into the garbage that you should not train consistently and Properly. If you are not going to do it right, then I say just don't do it.
    CCW is not being Paranoid. Protecting your house with a good alarm system does not mean you are paranoid. I live near a high crime area, lot of gangs etc. But in truth a simple road range in the city of Bliss can get you killed. Just going to a ATM can get you killed, just walking to the grocery story can get you killed.
    Just like the family man that took three in the chest as he walked into the parking lot, the day my family and I were a a friendly July 4th party.And yes that was Broad daylight. No one saw that one coming either.
    louchia likes this.

3. #43 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I wouldn't draw down on you , even with an OWB holster.Wouldn't be prudent.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #44 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Makes two of us, pennsy.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

6. #45 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    It is a honor in the South to duel at Dawn.
    pennsy likes this.

7. #46 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    It is a honor in the South to duel at Dawn.
    I was just thinking. I couldn't outrun you either. Dilemma.

8. #47 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I was just thinking. I couldn't outrun you either. Dilemma.
    Or hide, You can only do the honorable final act.
    But then again, can't duel a man that hates Yankees. That would be ungentlemanly.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-20-2017 at 03:56 AM.

9. #48 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Or hide, You can only do the honorable final act.
    Yeah, pennsy and A. Hamilton!
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

10. #49 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I every day carry a LCP II or Glock 43. 95% of the time I use a IWB holster, and if concealment requirements dictate...I will pocket carry the LCP II in the holster Ruger provided with the weapon. I always carry with a round in the chamber (I will post a link to a good video below that I think illustrates why that is imperative for me). Personal choice I know, but it literally could be a life or death decision. I would not use not carrying a round in the LCP II as a mitigation for the lack of manual safety and lighter trigger pull. For the record, even though I do EDC with the LCP II and Glock 43 I think the "trigger safety" feature both advertise is a bit of a stretch. That is like putting a "safety" on your accelerator pedal of you car...you press down on the accelerater you are going to speed up regardless if there is a "safety switch" in front of the pedal.

So, I'm comfortable carrying these style weapons because I train constantly and I practice the rules of gun safety religiously. When holstering my weapon, or if I had to draw my weapon for any reason, I do or will not try win any speed records getting the weapon in or back in the holster.

Here's the link to the video I mentioned. Good demonstration of why I carry with a round in the chamber. Regardless of your thoughts on the LCP II, manual safeties, and single action/light trigger pulls...I would agree that carrying without a round in the chamber significantly decreases your ability to defend yourself in a defensive gun use situation when somebody rushes at you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4h7hgo02P-4
    Last edited by Nukes; 03-19-2017 at 05:11 PM.

11. #50 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    That is like putting a "safety" on your accelerator pedal of you car...you press down on the accelerater you are going to speed up regardless if there is a "safety switch" in front of the pedal.
    An interesting analogy, Nukes....Thanks for the thought.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads