Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? - Page 3

Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

This is a discussion on Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by davevabch With all due respect, I could care less what the community thinks. When it comes to my life, my femoral artery, ...

View Poll Results: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • The LCP II's action can be locked by choice; the gun is safe to carry

2 9.09%
  • The LCP II's action can be locked by choice; the gun is NOT safe to carry

0 0%
  • The LCP II's action can NOT be locked by choice; the gun is safe to carry

10 45.45%
  • The LCP II's action can NOT be locked by choice; the gun is NOT safe to carry

5 22.73%
  • I haven't made up my mind

5 22.73%
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    With all due respect, I could care less what the community thinks. When it comes to my life, my femoral artery, the life of a innocent victim Will I carry a Glock or a Rugaglock? (LCP ll) Not NO, but HELL NO!

Or is it Glockaru? That said, better your leg than mine,
    How about "Gluger"?

Dave
    ETS likes this.
    Dave

2. #22 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    I am too provided I don't have to carry one. ;-) Lordy knows they're fun to shoot. But nothing's more fun to shoot in my estimation that a competition-tuned 1911.
    Someday I would like to try one.

3. #23 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by dkma22 View Post
    How about "Gluger"?

Dave
    I think we have a winner!
    davevabch likes this.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    Someday I would like to try one.
    Back in the day I was the treasurer of a Rod and Gun club in the East Bay above San Francisco that operated a gun range. The club members were serious gun enthusiasts. I was able to shoot all kinds of firearms thanks to their generosity. If you can find something like that in your area, it could open up a world of opportunities to you.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #25 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I can see a concern for reholstering the weapon, however the concern I believe to be more of a concern is just the light trigger. A pocket gun is not the easiest gun to grab onto quickly. How easy would it be to put your finger on that trigger at the wrong time. There is not much resistance. Even a Glock 43 is so much bigger. People shoot themselves all the time while just cleaning guns. Sad, that something as stupid as this happens, yet light trigger makes this tragic act even more likely. How about a high tense moment. You have to draw your gun and you have adrenaline running through your entire body and your finger goes on that trigger. This LIGHT trigger?
    There are so many possible mishaps with a light trigger. A target gun is one thing, but for a Pocket gun? Serioulsy, why would any one want a light trigger without a safety on such a gun? Show me the real benifit, other than you can target practice better.

I remember the day I bought my first LCP, the original with the long hard trigger. I remarked about how long it was to my LGS friend, a retired combat Marine. he said "If the times comes for you to use that gun, that long trigger will not bother you one bit and in the meantime it is there to protect you from hurting yourself". Sounded like good advice then and still does.
    My bad,Dave. I switched topic to the LC9s pro because I have yet to feel the LCP II trigger. By the way, has anyone accidentally let off a double tap? Another product of light triggers.

7. #26 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    I remember the day I bought my first LCP, the original with the long hard trigger. I remarked about how long it was to my LGS friend, a retired combat Marine. he said "If the times comes for you to use that gun, that long trigger will not bother you one bit and in the meantime it is there to protect you from hurting yourself". Sounded like good advice then and still does.
    I don't know, Dave. Why do we have to try so hard to convince people that Glock-styled triggers are NOT in their best interest when it seems so obvious to us? Has Glock so brainwashed the shooting community that like the Pied Piper, folks are willing to dance to their tune until they learn a lesson the hard way? I mean the fact that someone actually voted that the LCP II's action can be locked by choice is simply astonishing to me. I put those answers in the poll and kept the poll anonymous to find out how many people would effectively admit that they don't understand how a trigger safety is supposed to work. Looks like I caught my first lemming.
    Last edited by bld522; 03-19-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    davevabch likes this.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

8. #27 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    I would not carry a defensive pistol without having a live round chambered. I cannot be sure I have time to deploy the pistol even with a chambered round depending on the situation. Having to cycle the slide while I am under extreme pressure would not be a safe action in my opinion as too much time would be consumed.

The poll does not describe methods of carry. A properly designed holster is, in my opinion, absolutely essential when carrying pistols like the Ruger LCP II, Glocks, or any other (like my S&W SW9VE) that have similar safety configurations.
    Thanks for a note of sanity, Skip, in an insane world.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

9. #28 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    I stopped carrying the LC9spro for that reason . If the need arises to get it out ,for reasons stated before, I will load it up .My EDC is the LCP in my front pocket.

10. #29 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me to carry a self-defense pistol without a round in the chamber either, Ed. But then it doesn't make sense to me to carry a round in the chamber without some mechanism in the gun itself that either (1) prevents the trigger from firing accidentally such as a manual safety or (2) makes firing accidentally extremely unlikely such as a DAO or DA/SA trigger pull. Neither of those mechanisms apply to a pistol with a Glock-styled trigger. Sure, you can make a Glock and pistols that ape Glocks safer with properly designed holsters. But that doesn't mean that those guns deserve to get a pass for not being safe enough to prevent an accidental discharge when they're drawn or reholstered . . . at least it doesn't in my reality.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

11. #30 Re: Poll: Is the LCP II a safe gun to carry? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    My EDC is the LCP in my front pocket.
    Mine too, except I change position based on what I'm going to be doing when I'm carrying it. For example, if I'm driving my car, front pocket carry doesn't work because I can't get to my LCP quickly enough. So when I'm driving, I either use back pocket carry or OWB at 1:30 in a pistol pouch. When I'm going to be out and about, however, front pocket carry is my favorite carry method by far.

Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads