IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? - Page 5

IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

This is a discussion on IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by Thejonl The remora with clip option looks good, so does having one with an adjustable cant.... Wish I could try before I ...

Like Tree40Likes

Thread: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejonl View Post
    The remora with clip option looks good, so does having one with an adjustable cant.... Wish I could try before I buy, heh...
    You'll like it. The one style has a removable clip that adjusts the cant, and can be used for pocket carry by unbuttoning the clip.

https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/p...lip-iwbpocket/
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

2. #42 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
    If back pocket carry is preferred and the LCP is a little too tall for the pocket, there are a couple other guns to consider. They are shorter and less likely to ever show at the top of the pocket. The Kahr P380 or CW380 is about 3/8 inch shorter than the LCP and could make a difference in a back pocket. The smallest is a Seecamp that is a full 3/4 inch shorter than the LCP. The Seecamp is made in .22, .32 and .380 calibers. The gun is the exact same size for all three calibers. IMO, it is the ultimate pocket gun. Seecamp's are more expensive and an all stainless steel. Kahr's are more expensive as well and especially the P380.

I pocket carried front pocket for a year or so and it worked well. My biggest problem was all the other junk I had to carry in the left front pocket. Money clip, change, pocket knife, keys, chap stick in the winter, etc. So I moved gun to right rear and balanced all the junk in the front pockets. Wallet to left rear. I had never carried wallet left rear and it took me several months to learn to reach left for my wallet. I hit the top of the gun many times reaching right for what used to be my wallet. Never accidentally pulled out the wallet holster.

Then I decided to try an IWB holster, as for me, it gives easier access, especially driving and seated. I quickly learned that I could carry a larger gun IWB than a .380. Also this was many years ago when none of the single stack smaller/compact guns were even produced. When the LC9 came out it was a dream to carry IWB, because it was so thin. Since then numerous models have been introduced like the Sig P938, DB9, Kahr PM9, S&W Shield, Glock 43, Kimber Solo, XDS (9mm and .45), etc. Lots of options today, compared to 10 years ago.

The LCP started a huge drive for smaller concealable guns. Then there was a shift to small, but bigger calibers like the ones mentioned previously. Then there was a lot of single stack guns produced.

I found that thinner guns like the single stack options are pretty easy too carry and conceal, mostly IWB. I'm a believer in carrying the biggest caliber gun you can conceal and shoot accurately. For me it is lager caliber single stack guns, rather than smaller .380's. For IWB, the most important thing (IMO) is the thickness of the gun and the grip size. Length is not that important to me for IWB carry. So now I carry a larger caliber gun IWB and my Seecamp as a bug in my right rear pocket, since it is so easy to have and hide.
    Seecamp Is way out of my price range, I love the look of the kahr and alot of people carry them, and you're right they are shorter in exactly the right spot, it would totally eliminate the gun peeking out of my back pocket. But I've practiced with the LCP and I've learned I shoot it well and I'm pretty partial to it but I do want to get a kahr 9 someday
    Last edited by Thejonl; 03-20-2017 at 09:37 AM.

3. #43 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzer007 View Post
    You'll like it. The one style has a removable clip that adjusts the cant, and can be used for pocket carry by unbuttoning the clip.

https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/p...lip-iwbpocket/
    Wow, the swivel clip is a great option. That way I can carry aiwb and swivel it over a little when I sit down. I also saw a video where u can get a blow dryer and custom form it to your firearm.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #44 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Hmmm. Nice price as well . . .
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

6. #45 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    For the longest time (and after many different holsters), I just started wearing my single stack 9's at 3:30-4:30 with the realization it isn't always comfortable. (I use kydex, after trying many different types).

As time went on, I did adapt to it being there, so much so that even sitting wasn't a problem much anymore. If I plan on driving a long trip, I will remove it. But for normal trips out and about, I finally got used to it. Maybe it's mental? Or your body just adjusts to a hunk of metal sitting there? Not really sure.

7. #46 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Just order one of these, if it does not work with my LCP II I know it will with my wife's LCP. Thanks for the info.
    I forgot to mention. It works very well with the LCP II also. I now carry my II in it. Also the clip can be removed for pocket carry or moved to the opposite side( right or left side). The clip is not on a swivel but can be adjusted even though it is not really designed for cant.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

8. #47 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    I think I may have found a solution for now. I adjusted the clip on my Kydex iwb holster so the lcp rides higher, that way when I sit down, instead of digging in my gut, the gun goes in front if my belly. So far, back pocket carry is the most comfortable, and safest especially at home when I'm on the carpet, wrestling around with my toddler. My only worry is that pressure when I sit may hurt the gun but that's probably not a legit concern. Still holster shopping and I appreciate the suggestions. I know carrying everyday requires a commitment but surely, if they can split an atom or send a man to the moon, they can come up with a way to appendix carry that's 100 percent comfortable all day long in any position. Without having to wear baggy clothes

9. #48 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Are you in a situation where you need to carry a weapon around the house? Generally I don't do that. I keep my LCP locked up except when I go out. My SP-101 lives in the end table drawer by the chair I sit in when I'm in the living room and my shotgun is right by my bed. So I basically have firearms at the ready at both ends of my house.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

10. #49 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Are you in a situation where you need to carry a weapon around the house? Generally I don't do that. I keep my LCP locked up except when I go out. My SP-101 lives in the end table drawer by the chair I sit in when I'm in the living room and my shotgun is right by my bed. So I basically have firearms at the ready at both ends of my house.
    I usually don't, I have a shotgun put up on the wall about 7 feet up and a revolver locked away in our bedroom. Im mainly talking about right when I come home from work, the first thing my son does is try to tackle daddy and beat him up but yeah, after I get in I usually disarm
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

11. #50 Re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Home invasion is becoming increasingly common especially with the opioid epidemic. If you live alone, scattering guns around the house is good but if children are about, it is a different story.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads