IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? - Page 4

IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

This is a discussion on IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by boo No. Get you a Taqua paddle holster. Very comfortable and easy to insert and remove. I have two and love them. ...

Like Tree15Likes

Thread: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by boo View Post
    No.
    Get you a Taqua paddle holster. Very comfortable and easy to insert and remove. I have two and love them. They carry guns secure and cannot be detected even with a sweat shirt on.
    Very, very comfortable.
    I have one IWB holster that I do not use. It is laying in my closet.
    What gun you belt carrying? Might as well be a 9 if you put it on the belt.

2. #32 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    If back pocket carry is preferred and the LCP is a little too tall for the pocket, there are a couple other guns to consider. They are shorter and less likely to ever show at the top of the pocket. The Kahr P380 or CW380 is about 3/8 inch shorter than the LCP and could make a difference in a back pocket. The smallest is a Seecamp that is a full 3/4 inch shorter than the LCP. The Seecamp is made in .22, .32 and .380 calibers. The gun is the exact same size for all three calibers. IMO, it is the ultimate pocket gun. Seecamp's are more expensive and an all stainless steel. Kahr's are more expensive as well and especially the P380.

I pocket carried front pocket for a year or so and it worked well. My biggest problem was all the other junk I had to carry in the left front pocket. Money clip, change, pocket knife, keys, chap stick in the winter, etc. So I moved gun to right rear and balanced all the junk in the front pockets. Wallet to left rear. I had never carried wallet left rear and it took me several months to learn to reach left for my wallet. I hit the top of the gun many times reaching right for what used to be my wallet. Never accidentally pulled out the wallet holster.

Then I decided to try an IWB holster, as for me, it gives easier access, especially driving and seated. I quickly learned that I could carry a larger gun IWB than a .380. Also this was many years ago when none of the single stack smaller/compact guns were even produced. When the LC9 came out it was a dream to carry IWB, because it was so thin. Since then numerous models have been introduced like the Sig P938, DB9, Kahr PM9, S&W Shield, Glock 43, Kimber Solo, XDS (9mm and .45), etc. Lots of options today, compared to 10 years ago.

The LCP started a huge drive for smaller concealable guns. Then there was a shift to small, but bigger calibers like the ones mentioned previously. Then there was a lot of single stack guns produced.

I found that thinner guns like the single stack options are pretty easy too carry and conceal, mostly IWB. I'm a believer in carrying the biggest caliber gun you can conceal and shoot accurately. For me it is lager caliber single stack guns, rather than smaller .380's. For IWB, the most important thing (IMO) is the thickness of the gun and the grip size. Length is not that important to me for IWB carry. So now I carry a larger caliber gun IWB and my Seecamp as a bug in my right rear pocket, since it is so easy to have and hide.

3. #33 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    I carry mine at 4 o'clock IWB in a Remora clip holster. The fabric is very durable and conforms to you in short time. I can sit ,stand, lie down and role over and It not uncomfortable. It also has good retention. I also found that the clip can be adjusted for cant, although it is not designed for that.IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?-p2010006.jpg
    See attached.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #34 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    I carry mine at 4 o'clock IWB in a Remora clip holster. The fabric is very durable and conforms to you in short time. I can sit ,stand, lie down and role over and It not uncomfortable. It also has good retention. I also found that the clip can be adjusted for cant, although it is not designed for that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010006.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	8594
    See attached.
    How's your Impact Guns +1 extension working for you?

6. #35 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by pennsy View Post
    How's your Impact Guns +1 extension working for you?
    I think they are great. Mine work flawlessly. My wife has a Ruger 7 rnd Mag costing 2x as much. I bought the Impact extension and replaced the base plate on the 6 rnd Ruger mag when I realized that the Ruger 6 & 7 rnd mags use the same spring

7. #36 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    I think they are great. Mine work flawlessly. My wife has a Ruger 7 rnd Mag costing 2x as much. I bought the Impact extension and replaced the base plate on the 6 rnd Ruger mag when I realized that the Ruger 6 & 7 rnd mags use the same spring
    Mine works well also.

8. #37 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    I carry mine at 4 o'clock IWB in a Remora clip holster. The fabric is very durable and conforms to you in short time. I can sit ,stand, lie down and role over and It not uncomfortable. It also has good retention. I also found that the clip can be adjusted for cant, although it is not designed for that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P2010006.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	8594
    See attached.
    Just order one of these, if it does not work with my LCP II I know it will with my wife's LCP. Thanks for the info.

9. #38 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejonl View Post
    I should say uncomfortable while sitting. Standing up it's no problem, the lcp disappeares. I picked a super small gun so I kinda feel like a hero complaining at all, it's just I've tried every position Iwb and when I'm sitting, it digs in my belly or my side. I don't wear big baggy clothes and I don't plan to. The only 100% comfortable way to carry is in the back pocket but that has some disadvantages. The only holsters I have are the pocket holster that came with the lcp, an aiwb Kydex holster I got from ebay and a wallet holster. Do quality holsters really make that much of a difference as far as digging while sitting? I really don't see how people carry 45's all day Iwb....
    Uh, yes, the holster is almost everything. What works great for me will absolutely suck for you, and vice versa. Another issue is you need to buy bigger pants if you IWB carry. I carry a Judge in an Old Faithful IWB rig when traveling and don't know it is there. 1911s in similar holsters likewise become very comfy. Customers come in wearing tight Wranglers and complain about their holster. First thing I tell them is they will have a box of holsters in the closet before long, and still won't be happy some days. Second is ditch the skin tight britches.
    Ruger -Charger, LCP, 1911, Single-Six, Mk III, Charger, GP-100, Blackhawk 41, Super Blackhawk 44, Super Redhawk 480
    S&W - Model 60 .357, Model 29 44
    1911 - Ruger SR-1911, Kimber Tactical II, Colt Gold Cup, Rock Island 1911A1, Springfield EMP (9mm), GSG (22lr)
    A few other auto loaders
    Numerous Single Action wheel guns
    Too many long guns to list...

10. #39 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by bberg100 View Post
    Uh, yes, the holster is almost everything. What works great for me will absolutely suck for you, and vice versa. Another issue is you need to buy bigger pants if you IWB carry. I carry a Judge in an Old Faithful IWB rig when traveling and don't know it is there. 1911s in similar holsters likewise become very comfy. Customers come in wearing tight Wranglers and complain about their holster. First thing I tell them is they will have a box of holsters in the closet before long, and still won't be happy some days. Second is ditch the skin tight britches.
    Luckily, have not had to buy larger pants for IWB, especially with the smaller handguns I carry and ditto on the "box of holsters". Interestingly, by going through the box occasionally, I find that a previously discarded one now seems to work fine for a slightly different situation, so-------"Save Your Confederate $s"!
    rayzer007 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

11. #40 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    The remora with clip option looks good, so does having one with an adjustable cant.... Wish I could try before I buy, heh...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads