IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? - Page 3

IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

This is a discussion on IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by ETS Are we talking about the shirts or holsters? I bought 12 of the Kirkland Signature undershirts from Amazon and can guarantee ...

Like Tree40Likes

Thread: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    Are we talking about the shirts or holsters? I bought 12 of the Kirkland Signature undershirts from Amazon and can guarantee they beat the heck out of Fruit of the Loom or Hanes. Now, if you want my guarantee on holsters, just get the Vedders Light Tuck for LCP II---you will not regret either.
    I am a member at Costco & I like the Kirkland socks also. But I Think the holster I saw for $35 was not a Vedder seems they are over $50 I still may get one.
    Speaking of socks I may just get a ankle holster like Nutnfancy & be done with it

2. #22 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Mr.mike--just be advised I got a Vedder Light Tuck for my Makarov(about 1/2" longer and about same thickness as my LC9s) that I realized was more comfortable than my LC9 is in its Concealment Express. So, today, I sent an order to Vedder for a Light Tuck for the LC9. Yes, there are certainly cheaper ones available, but not worth the discomfort I was experiencing.

By the way, if you shop for your shirts at Costco, be sure to get ones labeled "Signature" series.

Ankle holsters generally "suck". Doubt even the Bugbite solves the problem of accessability.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

3. #23 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejonl View Post
    I agree, it's the most comfortable. I guess it's hard to get my hand in my back pocket quickly when compared to the other methods, and the top of the gun sticks out a little bit, not much but u can tell what it is
    Thanks. I'm fortunate in not having to tuck my shirt in, so I can wear t-shirts and outerwear that's long enough to cover my back pocket. If I couldn't do that, I probably wouldn't carry my LCP in my back pocket either.
    Self-defense Rule #1: Time is of the essence!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P
    Remington 870, 12 ga

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #24 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Thanks. I'm fortunate in not having to tuck my shirt in, so I can wear t-shirts and outerwear that's long enough to cover my back pocket. If I couldn't do that, I probably wouldn't carry my LCP in my back pocket either.
    Sport shirts at the level of bottom of your back pocket I can get my mind around, but where do you get T-shirts that long.....Omar the Tent Maker's?
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, SR 22, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

6. #25 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Sport shirts at the level of bottom of your back pocket I can get my mind around, but where do you get T-shirts that long.....Omar the Tent Maker's?
    I don't know about the t shirt but it does seem untucking is getting popular ( I wonder why ) seeing a lot of commercials for this place https://www.untuckit.com

7. #26 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejonl View Post
    I should say uncomfortable while sitting. Standing up it's no problem, the lcp disappeares. I picked a super small gun so I kinda feel like a hero complaining at all, it's just I've tried every position Iwb and when I'm sitting, it digs in my belly or my side. I don't wear big baggy clothes and I don't plan to. The only 100% comfortable way to carry is in the back pocket but that has some disadvantages. The only holsters I have are the pocket holster that came with the lcp, an aiwb Kydex holster I got from ebay and a wallet holster. Do quality holsters really make that much of a difference as far as digging while sitting? I really don't see how people carry 45's all day Iwb....
    I'm curious about carrying in the back pocket. Like you said that has numerous disadvanges, especially if you are pinned against something in a self defense scenario or knocked down to the ground on your back. I have heard those given as reasons not to carry in the small of your back...but I had not heard of people pocket carrying in a back pocket. What type of holster do you use if you do that, and do you do that only when you don't plan on being seated?

8. #27 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Admittedly IWB concealed carry seems to be a personal decision, especially regarding comfort. In my case, I've found that using a true gunbelt has improved several of my holsters. Be advised, a true gun belt is as least 1.5" wide and reinforced. This improvement has been apparent even with the small guns that I carry. In the case of wearing slacks with narrower belt loops, I wear the heaviest belt they will accommodate.
    Thanks, I've heard that a gun belt makes all the difference with bigger guns but I wondered about smaller ones

9. #28 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nukes View Post
    I'm curious about carrying in the back pocket. Like you said that has numerous disadvanges, especially if you are pinned against something in a self defense scenario or knocked down to the ground on your back. I have heard those given as reasons not to carry in the small of your back...but I had not heard of people pocket carrying in a back pocket. What type of holster do you use if you do that, and do you do that only when you don't plan on being seated?
    I use the holster that came with the lcp, it's a darn good pocket holster for being basically free. I even use it like a sticky or remora type holster aiwb sometimes, it never moves or falls and when I do sit down, I can just slide it over a bit (although readjusting every time I stand us a pain). Some say that an advantage is that if a situation arises where you're being forced to give your wallet, you can surprise them with... Not a wallet. But yeah, as far as a fast draw, forget about it. And it does show with a regular sized t shirt

10. #29 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    The LCP is a front pocket gun all the way. Just find and wear pants with the best pocket. Should not be slow if pants aren't tight. Everyone is different but Lee relax fit works for me. In cargo shorts even easier.(not talking about the cargo pocket-don't like the weight hanging and flopping around my leg).As long as the pocket is deep but not too deep and has a wide opening , a good holster keeps it upright and secure. Easy to draw and has the added advantage of being able to preposition your hand on the grip in questionable situations. No one will ever see it so can be worn everywhere. Take it out and put it in the console when driving if you feel the need. I usually don't.I don't think any running gun battles would hold up in court anyway. I've got two pocket holsters. A leather Hunter with a square flap to hide the print and a Kydex. The Kydex is the only one I use since getting it. Less added bulk. ( Hickok fans know this is his preferred pocket holster).My two cents.

11. #30 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    boo
    No.
    Get you a Taqua paddle holster. Very comfortable and easy to insert and remove. I have two and love them. They carry guns secure and cannot be detected even with a sweat shirt on.
    Very, very comfortable.
    I have one IWB holster that I do not use. It is laying in my closet.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads