IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? - Page 2

IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

This is a discussion on IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by lws380 I don't agree that a gun belt needs to be 1.5 wide. I think in many occasions a 1.25 belt is ...

Like Tree40Likes

Thread: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
    I don't agree that a gun belt needs to be 1.5 wide. I think in many occasions a 1.25 belt is fine and it will fit in more belt loops than a 1.5. IMO the most important thing is to get a double layer belt that is glued and stitched. 1 double layer belt 1.25 inches wide, glued and stitched will do an excellent job for many of the console carry guns on the market. A 1.25 inch works fine for me carrying most of the guns I carry. I do agree that a 1.5 belt is more beneficial if you are carrying larger guns. The good thing is that both are out there, so you have choices. Pick the best one for you. YMMV
    As I said, choice and experience is a very personal choice based on one's personal experience. I was not attempting to start an argument over the definition of a gun belt, just mentioning a factor Thejoni may not have tried or considered. Again, based on my personal experience and observation...... Just remember what the young lady said to the anatomy professor: ''What is proximal to you, is distal to me".
    Denny4kids likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

2. #12 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    This is a great needed subject for a thread, thanks for all the info so far. I have only carried with woven typ holster, I wonder & worry about the hardness of the Kydex holsters.
    So for I like the pocket holster that came with my LCP II & carry in my back pocket but with summer just about to be on us I think I am going to need other options.
    Just how hard is the kydex ?
    Like this one

3. #13 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    Just how hard is the kydex ?
    It's a hard molded plastic. There is no give.
    I have 2 leather/kydex OWB (snub & Kahr CW9). The leather backing (against your body) gives a little; the gun snaps in and out of the kydex molded holster riveted to the leather. I really like them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leather-kyde...I/322426702256
    Last edited by rayzer007; 03-17-2017 at 09:05 PM.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #14 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    For the small guns, I really don't care for the hybrids(leather/kydex). If you are looking for a holster for an LCP or LCP II, try the Vedder Light Tuck. Because they are adjustable for "ride height" and allow a wide degree of forward or rearward cant, you are essentially guaranteed a comfortable carry. Don't worry about the hardness or thickness, unless you are carrying a rubber gun.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

6. #15 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzer007 View Post
    It's a hard molded plastic. There is no give.
    I have 2 leather/kydex OWB (snub & Kahr CW9). The leather backing (against your body) gives a little; the gun snaps in and out of the kydex molded holster riveted to the leather. I really like them.

Leather/kydex hybrid OWB Holster LCP, LCP II | eBay
    Thanks rayzer that is what I was afraid of I am going to have to get one in my hand & feel it, with it being so small I could maybe make it work but that would have to be with a under garment.
    I do have one much like the one in your link I got it at a gun show for my M&P9C for me it doesn't work with light shirt.

7. #16 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    For the small guns, I really don't care for the hybrids(leather/kydex). If you are looking for a holster for an LCP or LCP II, try the Vedder Light Tuck. Because they are adjustable for "ride height" and allow a wide degree of forward or rearward cant, you are essentially guaranteed a comfortable carry. Don't worry about the hardness or thickness, unless you are carrying a rubber gun.

Thanks , I'm not worried about it being abrasives to the gun , that does sound like the one in the Video.

8. #17 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Buy Kirland white undershirts from Costco or Amazon---they are significantly longer than most and noticeably thicker than any other. No show through and no printing when worn untucked. Have not tried with tuckable IWB holster clips, but would probably do ok.

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign...and+undershirt
    Includes free shipping

If that doesn't seem to do the trick, maybe this will:
    https://www.amazon.com/LEO-BON-Gromm...and+undershirt
    (Several of out Hero & Super Members have endorsed this one)
    Last edited by ETS; 03-17-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

9. #18 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    Buy Kirland white undershirts from Costco or Amazon---they are significantly longer than most and noticeably thicker than any other. No show through and no printing whenl worn untucked. Have not tried with tuckable IWB holster clips, but would probably do ok.

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sign...and+undershirt
    I do have one of those shirts for when I was carrying the 9mm IWB. I do hate to order yet another holster off the internet, but my gun store does not have anything for the LCP II yet. & by the time you go running all around hunting one you could waste more than the $35.

10. #19 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    I do have one of those shirts for when I was carrying the 9mm IWB. I do hate to order yet another holster off the internet, but my gun store does not have anything for the LCP II yet. & by the time you go running all around hunting one you could waste more than the $35.
    Are we talking about the shirts or holsters? I bought 12 of the Kirkland Signature undershirts from Amazon and can guarantee they beat the heck out of Fruit of the Loom or Hanes. Now, if you want my guarantee on holsters, just get the Vedders Light Tuck for LCP II---you will not regret either.
    Last edited by ETS; 03-17-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

11. #20 re: IWB - do I just need to get used to being uncomfortable? 
    No argument from me. As I said, Pick the best one for you. YMMV.
    My comments are based on my personal experience, observations, and feed back from thousands of customers over the past 11 years.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads