LCP II accidental discharge???

LCP II accidental discharge???

This is a discussion on LCP II accidental discharge??? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; There has been much discussion of the safety of carrying and possibility of an accidental discharge of the LCP II. Now that the gun has ...

Like Tree59Likes

Thread: LCP II accidental discharge???

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    There has been much discussion of the safety of carrying and possibility of an accidental discharge of the LCP II. Now that the gun has been on the market for several months, has anyone heard or know of an incident of AD.
    I for one am comfortable in carrying the II in a holster, never pocket carry, even with a holster.
    The safety blade in the trigger keeps the trigger from being pulled unintentionally therefor the sear does not release the hammer .
    It's always possible that a dirty or mishandled gun can AD, No matter if it's hammer or striker fired. Even a manual safety can malfunction or accidentally be pushed off.
    I'm probably going to hear it from some but that's just my O.
    Elsie9er likes this.

2. #2 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    ETS
    It seems to be that AD with the LCP II is just as likely to be caused by clothing, edge of holster, etc., that will depress the safety on the trigger as well as the trigger, itself.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

3. #3 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    boo
    I have shot and carried Glocks for years. My friends and others I know carry Glocks. I have never personally heard of anyone having an accidental discharge with one of them. They have the same trigger blade safety as the LCP II.
    I know people can and do have accidents with many different kinds of guns. I guess it all boils down to knowing your particular gun and handling it safely.
    When my Custom wears out, I plan to buy an LCP II, unless Ruger comes out with something better/nicer. I love the size of the LCP.

4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements

5. #4 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ETS View Post
    It seems to be that AD with the LCP II is just as likely to be caused by clothing, edge of holster, etc., that will depress the safety on the trigger as well as the trigger, itself.
    Yes, that certainly was the case in these instances involving Glock pistols with trigger lever safeties:

https://youtu.be/R0_qdJ4IDI8

For what it's worth, I won't carry a SA gun like the LCP II cocked and locked . . . particularly one whose only safety is a trigger lever safety. And I don't have to wait for someone to shoot themselves with an LCP II to convince me that it's dangerous. YMMV.
    Denny4kids, Elsie9er and rallread like this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)

6. #5 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Louchia, so far I haven't head of any accidental discharge of the new LCP II on any other forums and ranges.
    toytraindoc

NRA Life Memeber
    Why come to me for answers? What have I done to deserve such generosity.
    In GOD We Trust
    Question Everything
    μολὼν λαβέ

7. #6 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    ETS
    Quote Originally Posted by toytraindoc View Post
    Louchia, so far I haven't head of any accidental discharge of the new LCP II on any other forums and ranges.
    Nor, have I, but s*** happens!
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

8. #7 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Handguns like the Glock family and the LCP II are quite safe to carry. However, where some folks have had problems is typically when re-holstering the pistol and catching the trigger on extraneous bits of clothing or whatever else may be in the way. If anyone carries these pistols in a pocket holster, they should be strongly warned to pull the holster out of the pocket before inserting the pistol. NEVER carry any pistol in a pocket without a proper holster or other device to totally protect the trigger (and to orient the pistol properly in the pocket).

I don't think I'd want to carry any of these pistols in an IWB holster rig. However, I don't even like the IWB holster concept for me because of my build and the clothes I wear.
    pennsy and davevabch like this.
    Skip Douglas

9. #8 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    ETS
    There seems to be absolutely no difference in the safety of carrying IWB with a well-designed holster, especially kydex, than there is in a pocket holster. Re-holstering requires the same caveat--remove the holster before doing so.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free

10. #9 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by SkipD View Post
    Handguns like the Glock family and the LCP II are quite safe to carry. However, where some folks have had problems is typically when re-holstering the pistol and catching the trigger on extraneous bits of clothing or whatever else may be in the way. If anyone carries these pistols in a pocket holster, they should be strongly warned to pull the holster out of the pocket before inserting the pistol. NEVER carry any pistol in a pocket without a proper holster or other device to totally protect the trigger (and to orient the pistol properly in the pocket).

I don't think I'd want to carry any of these pistols in an IWB holster rig. However, I don't even like the IWB holster concept for me because of my build and the clothes I wear.
    Well there's the dilemma, Skip. How can a gun be safe to carry if some folks including police officers have shot themselves with theirs and not even had their finger on the trigger? It's happened before and it will happen again.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)

11. #10 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Well there's the dilemma, Skip. How can a gun be safe to carry if some folks including police officers have shot themselves with theirs and not even had their finger on the trigger? It's happened before and it will happen again.
    Cops are people too.
    ETS and louchia like this.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads