LCP II accidental discharge??? - Page 4

LCP II accidental discharge???

This is a discussion on LCP II accidental discharge??? within the General LCP Discussion forums, part of the LCP Pocket category; Originally Posted by davevabch Yes I believe all guns should not have a safety. Just really dumb to waste so much time to pull it ...

Like Tree59Likes

Thread: LCP II accidental discharge???

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 121
  1. #31 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Yes I believe all guns should not have a safety. Just really dumb to waste so much time to pull it down when I could just pull the trigger. I just upgraded my safety on my Mossberg tactical shotgun, now I want to go back and have the gun smith, get rid of the safety. Takes to much time and practice. I want my trigger to be my safety. Only fools want safety's.
    I don't see what that has to do with my post, I was not saying I was for or against external safeties on SD pistols or any firearm for that matter. I have no idea how many accidental discharges of guns there is, a lot I would guess given the number of guns in inexperience hands these days & I would also guess that the number of them caused by drawing a gun from a holster that does not have an external safety really low.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #32 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    ETS
    ETS is online now
    Sr. Member ETS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mike1407 View Post
    I don't see what that has to do with my post, I was not saying I was for or against external safeties on SD pistols or any firearm for that matter. I have no idea how many accidental discharges of guns there is, a lot I would guess given the number of guns in inexperience hands these days & I would also guess that the number of them caused by drawing a gun from a holster that does not have an external safety really low.
    Agree with you, mr.mike.
    mr.mike1407 likes this.
    ETS
    ++++(Ed)++++
    Rugers presently owned: LCP II, LC9S(semi-pro), Convertible Single Six (x2), Mark II, M77(.223), Mini-14
    NRA Benefactor
    Freedom 's Never Free
    Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant taste of death but once.
    I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #33 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Super Member davevabch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Garden of Good and Evil
    Posts
    2,497
    Shucks, who needs a dang safety?
    Now hold my beer and watch this!

    What is interesting is suppose you are in a bad situation and you quickly have to use another gun. Someone with trained reflexes and memory skills are going to automatically disengage that safety, and the person that did not believe in training with a safety is going to die.
    Yes the Ruger American has the option of a safety or not. I think the "Pro" version came a little later. Not sure what Pro means anyway. Professional? Professional what? In my opinion a professional will train with a trigger safety.
    And if given the choice why not take a gun with a safety, when it is so simple to not use it if that is the way you would want to go.

    I had My LC9S out last night and cleaned it. That trigger is light, I mean really light for a ccw gun. I know it has worked into, around 5lbs or less. Not much preload and a striker fired. Man, for the life of me cannot imagine anyone carrying this gun without a safety. Talk all you want about how great it is to not have a safety but I just have too much experience being around firearms to take that belief. You can make that choice. Better you than me, is the way I look at it. And for God sake, do not even once give me this nonsense that I might forget it is on if the time came to use it. You would have a safer bet that I would not blink if a Bat was coming directly at my face.
    Last edited by davevabch; 03-14-2017 at 03:54 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. Remove Advertisements
    RugerPistolForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    45
    This debate will always be a debate because it's opinion vs. opinion devoid of any real empirical evidence. I speculate that the majority of those who believe in safeties and train with them are people who have owned/carried a 1911 at some point. Those that hate safeties are for the most, Glock fans. I personally don't know anyone who has experienced an ND and I certainly do know people of both beliefs. I have both a 1911 (9mm) and a Glock 17, both are range/HD guns for me. I don't carry either. I do have an LC9s and would not feel as comfortable with a Pro even though I've never heard of a ND with one. I do carry an LCP Custom and don't worry.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #35 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Hero Member bld522's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Shooting Distance from the Emerald City
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    This debate will always be a debate because it's opinion vs. opinion devoid of any real empirical evidence. I speculate that the majority of those who believe in safeties and train with them are people who have owned/carried a 1911 at some point. Those that hate safeties are for the most, Glock fans. I personally don't know anyone who has experienced an ND and I certainly do know people of both beliefs. I have both a 1911 (9mm) and a Glock 17, both are range/HD guns for me. I don't carry either. I do have an LC9s and would not feel as comfortable with a Pro even though I've never heard of a ND with one. I do carry an LCP Custom and don't worry.
    Ah, but empirical evidence exists even though you and I may not have personally experienced it. It's on the foundation of empirical evidence gathered by others that civilization itself has been built. And it's on that foundation that the notion of "Glock leg" derives. It's not a belief and it didn't just materialize out of thin air.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joenaper View Post
    I do carry an LCP Custom and don't worry.
    +1 bld522
    davevabch likes this.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

    Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #36 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Super Member davevabch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Garden of Good and Evil
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Ah, but empirical evidence exists even though you and I may not have personally experienced it. It's on the foundation of empirical evidence gathered by others that civilization itself has been built. And it's on that foundation that the notion of "Glock leg" derives. It's not a belief and it didn't just materialize out of thin air.



    +1 bld522
    Well said, I find it interesting that the debate seems for years to have been between Glock owners and the rest of Owners of all guns. The Utilitarian Glock became very popular with the "Procurment" agencies because of cost. They were able to purchase the guns at a cost saving. Not just because of the Polymer frame, but the cost of training and ammo to use a safety. Proper use of a safety takes time, it is not a over night learning experience. So give them a Glock spend a week on training and then train more and repeat. The gun has a great reputation for reliability and rightly so.And Because it is Utilitarian, parts are plentiful and cheap. Now take tens of thousands of quickly trained people, most inexperienced to firearms and tell them Glock is the best gun in the world. Great for business, and now you have this Glock love feast.
    But to many in the experieced gun world, Glock was not the best firearm, and the trigger is unsafe. Now the war starts.

    Almost every debate between utilizing a safety or having a safety has been with the Glock firearm. Glock fans came up with every thing but the kitchen sink to tell you that you did not need a safety. Safety was all between your ears. a trigger is a safety, and other slogans that became nauseous to other owners. But the fact is, that people started shooting themselves in the leg with these guns. So much that a "Urban term" became very Popular the "GLOCK LEG" No, not Ruger leg, Smith and Wesson Leg, CZ leg, GLOCK LEG.
    Now Glock fans want to tell the rest of the world, that there is no such thing as Glock Leg. But other gun owners are not buying it and that starts a war.

    Now what is interesting we have for the first time, a pocket Pistol that is now in the same controversy. The LCP ll. And like the Glock, the trigger safety which is similar to the Glock will be a debate lasting for a long time.
    Many Glock fans might come over to Ruger for the New LCP ll. If so, Ruger will make a whole lot of money.
    And make no mistake. MONEY IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!
    bld522 likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #37 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Sr. Member louchia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by davevabch View Post
    Well said, I find it interesting that the debate seems for years to have been between Glock owners and the rest of Owners of all guns. The Utilitarian Glock became very popular with the "Procurment" agencies because of cost. They were able to purchase the guns at a cost saving. Not just because of the Polymer frame, but the cost of training and ammo to use a safety. Proper use of a safety takes time, it is not a over night learning experience. So give them a Glock spend a week on training and then train more and repeat. The gun has a great reputation for reliability and rightly so.And Because it is Utilitarian, parts are plentiful and cheap. Now take tens of thousands of quickly trained people, most inexperienced to firearms and tell them Glock is the best gun in the world. Great for business, and now you have this Glock love feast.
    But to many in the experieced gun world, Glock was not the best firearm, and the trigger is unsafe. Now the war starts.

    Almost every debate between utilizing a safety or having a safety has been with the Glock firearm. Glock fans came up with every thing but the kitchen sink to tell you that you did not need a safety. Safety was all between your ears. a trigger is a safety, and other slogans that became nauseous to other owners. But the fact is, that people started shooting themselves in the leg with these guns. So much that a "Urban term" became very Popular the "GLOCK LEG" No, not Ruger leg, Smith and Wesson Leg, CZ leg, GLOCK LEG.
    Now Glock fans want to tell the rest of the world, that there is no such thing as Glock Leg. But other gun owners are not buying it and that starts a war.

    Now what is interesting we have for the first time, a pocket Pistol that is now in the same controversy. The LCP ll. And like the Glock, the trigger safety which is similar to the Glock will be a debate lasting for a long time.
    Many Glock fans might come over to Ruger for the New LCP ll. If so, Ruger will make a whole lot of money.
    And make no mistake. MONEY IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!
    Glock fans are Glock fans. If the are willing to step down in caliber to a 380 ,it will be for the G42. The G42 is only slightly larger than the LCP II. G has a great reputation for reliability. Ruger has to, because of the LCP issues, prove themselves with the LP II.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #38 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Hero Member bld522's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Shooting Distance from the Emerald City
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    Ruger has to, because of the LCP issues, prove themselves with the LCP II.
    I don't think so, louchia. I think the LCP II has to prove itself on its own and not due to any perceived problems with the LCP. The LCP has already proven itself to the vast majority of those who have purchased 1,500,000 of them since 2008. It's only a tiny subset of folks who think LCP "issues" matter at all . . . particularly when Ruger has repeatedly proven its willingness to repair/replace LCPs that develop problems at little or no cost to their owners.

    If the LCP II has something to prove, it's that RUGER LEG won't join GLOCK LEG in the urban vernacular. After all, it's one thing to repair a pistol; it's another thing to repair a leg.

    Stay tuned.
    Last edited by bld522; 03-15-2017 at 08:59 AM.
    A man's got to know his gun's limitations!

    Ruger 10/22, Muzzlelite Stock Bullpup (Range Fun)
    Beretta Bobcat, .22 Rimfire (Plinker)
    Ruger LCP Gen. 2, .380 ACP (Primary Carry)
    Ruger SR-101 .38+P (SHTF Backup)
    Remington 870, 12 Gauge (Primary Home Defense)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #39 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Super Member davevabch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Garden of Good and Evil
    Posts
    2,497
    Quote Originally Posted by louchia View Post
    Glock fans are Glock fans. If the are willing to step down in caliber to a 380 ,it will be for the G42. The G42 is only slightly larger than the LCP II. G has a great reputation for reliability. Ruger has to, because of the LCP issues, prove themselves with the LP II.
    Louchia, I understand how you might feel that way, but the G42 is in my opinion much larger than the New LCp 11. Maybe especially for a woman, or someone wanting a more concealable gun. If so, why wouldn't Glock fans now go over to the Ruger with basically the same trigger. Sounds like a reasonable choice to me if I were a Glock fan. Regardless here is a very good video of the comparison. You be the judge.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #40 Re: LCP II accidental discharge??? 
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by bld522 View Post
    Ah, but empirical evidence exists even though you and I may not have personally experienced it. It's on the foundation of empirical evidence gathered by others that civilization itself has been built. And it's on that foundation that the notion of "Glock leg" derives. It's not a belief and it didn't just materialize out of thin air.



    +1 bld522
    It materialized on the internet.
    The most popular pistol in the world will have assuredly been bought by more idiots.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New
Ads
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Drop / accidental discharge?
    By boo in forum General LCP Discussion
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-06-2016, 11:07 AM
  2. Accidental Discharge
    By Sgt LCP in forum General LCP Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 09:02 PM
  3. Chances of Accidental Discharge (AD) on it's own?
    By yzingerr in forum LCP Technical
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 09:57 PM
  4. Accidental Discharge
    By uncle46 in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 10:13 AM
  5. Accidental Discharge
    By Ale-8 in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:16 PM